Wii is becoming the most expensive console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toxicamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Toxicamo
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts

When the wii is getting a price tag of $350 only comes with 1 controller.With a multitude of multiplayer and wii motion plus games coming out you have to buy extras.So $300 for 3 controllers with motion plus?

Nintendo is losing advantages more and more with the Wii.

Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

1st of all the last sentence is a System Wars topic.

Secondly, every console you can buy peripherals for. Thirdly, you don't have to buy any peripheral for a game if you don't want to. Any game that requires said peripheral comes with it with the exception of Wii Fit Plus. Other games may utilize it, but don't require it to be played. To my knowledge both the PS3 and Xbox 360 only come with one or two controllers as well. No console since the SNES that I know of has come with all the controllers the system utilized.

Lastly the Wii only costs $200.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Welcome to gaming, in general.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

A Wii bundled with Resorts and motion plus does cost 350 bucks where I live. Whether the Wii is expensive or not, I would have to agree that it is, compared to the price of the other consoles with more expensive hardware. But you know how the business goes. You don't drop the price on something that's selling lots, unless you need to.

Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jamisonia

A Wii bundled with Resorts and motion plus does cost 350 bucks where I live. Whether the Wii is expensive or not, I would have to agree that it is, compared to the price of the other consoles with more expensive hardware. But you know how the business goes. You don't drop the price on something that's selling lots, unless you need to.

Litchie

Where do you live that a Wii bundled with Wii sports Resort is $350? Even if you bought those seperately in the States it would only cost $250.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"]

Jamisonia

Where do you live that a Wii bundled with Wii sports Resort is $350? Even if you bought those seperately in the States it would only cost $250.

Sweden. Apparently, I'm lucky compared to some others. :?

nezardm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nezardm
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

wii and psp go are the most expensvie consoles, especialy wii! if you see its hardwer, games selcetion, etc.

Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts
Where are u writing from? In the US a Wii is $250 and 3 M+ controllers(nunchucks included) are $240. That totals $490. A 360 is 50 bucks less with controllers and all, but add internet connectivity and you get $540, and that without the XBOX LIVE subscription. And I don't see a multitude of motion+ games coming out.
XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#9 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts
Here its 200 euros I believe. Shopkeep's are under the strange impression that 200 bucks is the same as 200 euros. Well its the recommended price for EU anyway... Same with games... 60 euros, crazy bastards. But no, Wii isnt the most expensive. PS3 is and it always will be.
left2live4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 left2live4ever
Member since 2009 • 185 Posts

The controllers sure are expensive $70-$85 for a wii remote nunchuck attachment and wii motion plus than multiply that by 3. Even when you get all the controllers you are going to want something to charge them and thats another $30.

Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jamisonia

What? Man NA is a lot cheaper then.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

What? Man NA is a lot cheaper then.

Jamisonia
im in central america, a wii is 235 here normally, so not only NA gets decent deals from Nintendo. The competition at the other hand, overcharges 100 outside US in this area, making the difference 200 at least between the other consoles. Not to mention if you want wm plus you can get it in bundles like RS2, or if you want wiispeak you can get bundles like Endless ocean.There are plenty of accesories bundles to skip the add on costs. But you get what you need right out of the basic system.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Welcome to gaming, in general.Haziqonfire

No kidding huh?

"It costs money to play video games"

And see that's why people should think about their hobby before they start it. If you're not willing to spend money on a regular basis then gaming isn't for you, the library is more suited to people who don't want to spend money

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

I'td cost me more to get my 360 all ready than it would my wii.

Extras I have bought for Wii

Motion plus (came with wii sports resort)

wiimote

gamecube controllers (at a garage sale. buck each)

wheel (came with mario kart)

Extras I need to purchase for the 360

Gold membership (50$)

Harddrive (100$)

wireless adapter (100$)

Extra controller (50$)

Mic (no idea)

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

uhh dude wii is $200, and most games come with free accessories. games are cheaper. Even games like guitar hero is cheaper on the wii than he 360/ps3. controllers are $60 with both nunchuk and wiimote which is the same as a wireless 360 controller and PS3 controller if not cheaper at times.

Maxynator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maxynator
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts

For $350 I got a Wii with two controllers and four games.

Thats better then paying $100 a year for xbl

atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

as the saying goes you wanna play you gotta pay!!!!

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#20 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

Litchie
Then go somewhere else or check eBay. Also 360 controlls are about $30-$60 on average plus $199. Nintendo isn't really losing an advantage, the playing field is slightly been evened.
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#21 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
In Australia, the Wii is AU$399.00 (http://www.ebgames.com.au/wii-135692-Wii-Console-Nintendo-Wii) That's because our government are mutant losers.
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Welcome to gaming, in general.Jaysonguy

No kidding huh?

"It costs money to play video games"

And see that's why people should think about their hobby before they start it. If you're not willing to spend money on a regular basis then gaming isn't for you, the library is more suited to people who don't want to spend money

Find yourself some games with good replay value and you won't need to spend money on a regular basis.
-Skeletor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Skeletor-
Member since 2002 • 1030 Posts

you don't need 3 controllers for a Wii, same reason you don't need 3 controllers for a ps3 or any other console..

If anything whenever friends come over they bring their own controllers.

FAIL.

Firefly1jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Firefly1jedi
Member since 2006 • 1364 Posts

Gaming = money my friend... all the systems have things that are less/more expencive on them. I'm sure that if we looked at the xbox 360 and the ps3 in sweadan (sorry I think I spelled that wrong) we would find an aspect that would make them more expensive. Its just how u spend ur money.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#25 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

first of all sw , , secondly , it is only 199,99 versus 299.99

plus 3 controllers at 60 , plus 60 per game plus 50 a yr-360 plus 99 wireles-360 lol

Dave_Bonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dave_Bonds
Member since 2009 • 300 Posts

jasonguy;

That is the truth. I don't think most people want to think about sizing it all up. It becomes a harsh inconvinience when you start to size up how much money you dump into a hobby, no matter what it is. I know that I have probably over $20K tied up in all of my hobbies combined. Although, most of what I have in my hobbies are collectable, so they hold and gain value. That makes me feel better about spending the dough, but it's still a lot of money. My Nintendo Wii is a money pit, though. The games do not hold their value like what I have in some of my classic platforms or other hobbies. It doesn't matter, though. Mutual financial value is usually not why anyone gets into a hobby. I'd be plenty happy if I never saw a dime from my hobby interests. It's all about having fun!

so_hai;

Man, everything in Aus is expensive! I have a lot of friends down there that not only have a difficult time getting anything that they want, but have to pay through the nose to get it locally, if they can, or an arm and a leg shipping it from the US. The way to do it seems to be to get multiple things from the US or another source country and have it shipped in a bundle package. I saved one of my friends over $2G US shipping in bundle to him.

Here are the prices for new Wii stuff that I am seeing, locally, not including varying local taxes;

Wii Console, including 1 Wii Remote with strap and silicone jacket, AC adapter, sensor bar, RCA cables and Wii Sports disc - $199.00

Wii Remote, including 1 strap and silicone jacket - $39.00

Wii Nunchuck - $19.00

Wii Motion Plus - $19.00

Wii component video cables - $29.00

Wii wireless extended range sensor bar - $19.00

Wii Speak microphone - $19.00

Wii Remote (black) including 1 strap, silicone jacket and Motion Plus - $49.00

Wii Balance Board with Wii Fit (I haven't found it without Wii Fit)- $89.00

Wii Zapper - $19.00

Wii Wheel - $9.00

It can add up if you buy lots of peripherals, but whenever I have folks come over to play 3+ player games, they bring their controllers. I haven't found any reason to buy any more than two of each peripheral for two remotes, but I live with someone who also plays. Most games do require at least a nunchuck to play, though.

Games - $19.00 - $49.00 for most, with the exception of bundle package games that include above accessories.

If you bought one of everything here, you'd be out $509.00 +tax and games, but that includes the black wii remote/M+ bundle, wireless sensor, speak mic and component cables, which aren't necessary, although I would recommend the cables, you can get them for far cheaper on amazon, new, off brand (something to the tune of $5)...

Any console can add up, and you have a lot of choices when it comes to each game, with the exception of a nunchuck for the most part, you can get away without any peripherals if you want to.

Firefly1jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Firefly1jedi
Member since 2006 • 1364 Posts
[QUOTE="Dave_Bonds"]

jasonguy;

That is the truth. I don't think most people want to think about sizing it all up. It becomes a harsh inconvinience when you start to size up how much money you dump into a hobby, no matter what it is. I know that I have probably over $20K tied up in all of my hobbies combined. Although, most of what I have in my hobbies are collectable, so they hold and gain value. That makes me feel better about spending the dough, but it's still a lot of money. My Nintendo Wii is a money pit, though. The games do not hold their value like what I have in some of my classic platforms or other hobbies. It doesn't matter, though. Mutual financial value is usually not why anyone gets into a hobby. I'd be plenty happy if I never saw a dime from my hobby interests. It's all about having fun!

so_hai;

Man, everything in Aus is expensive! I have a lot of friends down there that not only have a difficult time getting anything that they want, but have to pay through the nose to get it locally, if they can, or an arm and a leg shipping it from the US. The way to do it seems to be to get multiple things from the US or another source country and have it shipped in a bundle package. I saved one of my friends over $2G US shipping in bundle to him.

Here are the prices for new Wii stuff that I am seeing, locally, not including varying local taxes;

Wii Console, including 1 Wii Remote with strap and silicone jacket, AC adapter, sensor bar, RCA cables and Wii Sports disc - $199.00

Wii Remote, including 1 strap and silicone jacket - $39.00

Wii Nunchuck - $19.00

Wii Motion Plus - $19.00

Wii component video cables - $29.00

Wii wireless extended range sensor bar - $19.00

Wii Speak microphone - $19.00

Wii Remote (black) including 1 strap, silicone jacket and Motion Plus - $49.00

Wii Balance Board with Wii Fit (I haven't found it without Wii Fit)- $89.00

Wii Zapper - $19.00

Wii Wheel - $9.00

It can add up if you buy lots of peripherals, but whenever I have folks come over to play 3+ player games, they bring their controllers. I haven't found any reason to buy any more than two of each peripheral for two remotes, but I live with someone who also plays. Most games do require at least a nunchuck to play, though.

Games - $19.00 - $49.00 for most, with the exception of bundle package games that include above accessories.

If you bought one of everything here, you'd be out $509.00 +tax and games, but that includes the black wii remote/M+ bundle, wireless sensor, speak mic and component cables, which aren't necessary, although I would recommend the cables, you can get them for far cheaper on amazon, new, off brand (something to the tune of $5)...

Any console can add up, and you have a lot of choices when it comes to each game, with the exception of a nunchuck for the most part, you can get away without any peripherals if you want to.

Yea and alot of the stuff said really isn't needed... most of the games dont require half/any of this stuff....... only if u want it.
Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

wait wth are you all talking about, wii is only 200...

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

Topic starter you do realize that the other companies have more expensiveconsoles withextra costs as well.

1-Up_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 1-Up_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 483 Posts

Well, it's $200-$250 depending on where you live. It's not like you have to own all the different accessories.

Xbox and PS3 have more expensive charges because of their online. Something like this should be in System Wars.

jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

I'td cost me more to get my 360 all ready than it would my wii.

Extras I have bought for Wii

Motion plus (came with wii sports resort)

wiimote

gamecube controllers (at a garage sale. buck each)

wheel (came with mario kart)

Extras I need to purchase for the 360

Gold membership (50$)

Harddrive (100$)

wireless adapter (100$)

Extra controller (50$)

Mic (no idea)

Pixel-Pirate

Exactly. The OP is comparing the Wii w/ accessories and games to a PS3/Xbox 360 alone.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
It's pretty brilliant, how well Nintendo is doing financially this gen.
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Just wait until the competition releases their motion controllers. The Wii is still the best deal.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
You have to buy this stuff you say?