Wii has no good games coming? WRONG!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

I don't know what you guys are talking about when you say Wii doesn't have many games are this isn't a lot of support. There is a lot of support but from companies that you don't know of or from games which haven't been shown or talked about since 2006. A large amount of development companies, which aren't that big and powerful, have signed onto making games for the Wii back in 2006 and before. It is just taking them a while to finish the projects and show them because projects take time and because a lot of companies don't want to hype their games until they are done, in case it isn't what people want. Another gamespot member made a list of all the worthwhile Wii games that have been released and will be coming in the future.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26410733

Look at the amount of games there are. Some I even forgot about. If you don't like at least one of these upcoming titles or the in-development Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus and Pikmin 3 titles THEN go sell your Wii. Later.

dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts
Let's just use Haziq's stickied thread instead. I agree though; lots of good games are in the works.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
lol, you used a link to my thread.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Quantity =/= Quality.
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

of course haziq, you're the man. don't know anyone else who took the time to outline all those titles. good job.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Quantity =/= Quality.Englando_IV

Although a lot of those title's have potential to be really great.

I myself am not interesting in all of them.

of course haziq, you're the man. don't know anyone else who took the time to outline all those titles. good job.

livinitup01

Thanks.
nintendokid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 nintendokid4
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts
nice list
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
what was the point of this thread? to show another thread that almost everyone already knows about?
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
the conduit is coming
BattleAciD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 BattleAciD
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

what was the point of this thread? to show another thread that almost everyone already knows about?Minishdriveby

True. This thread should be locked.

Anyway, thats a nice list, but I dont really see myself buying or playing any of those games... there has to be something better.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Some of those games I have never heard of. The ones that are there half of those are also multiplat in the 08 ones which means the wii gets the short end of the stick. Some of those other ones in 08 we know next to to nothing about like FFCC and Disaster Day of Crisis and the legend of dragon sword. Fragile Ruins of the Moon is a new one. Little Kings story, Dokapon Kingdom and Harvest moon are all simulators. Spray is also another one of those games know one knows. They have been talking about Rygar since the Wii came out, is that game still in development or what? Alot of those games for 08 that have no info on them like the ones I just mentioned will probably be pushed to 09. Nintendo does not show up at TGS so Leipzig is their last shot other than the private events that Nintendo has. For the rest of 08 the big N only has a fistfull of titles and some of those seem wonky and might end up just relying on name alone like castlevania. Call of Duty will probably be better on PS3/360. The only multiplat that might have an edge is the Sonic unleashed game. Sega loves Nintendo and put a lot of their dreamcast stuff on the GC so the new one could be best on Wii. I am not trying to knock the wii, but that is the way it is. Deadly Creatures is another risky thing. It is a nice thought but it could end up flat if there isn't enough action. Obviously suspense plays an important role in that game but if you only kill like 3 bad guys every 2 hours, what are going to do the rest of the time. This is a game where next generation graphics could have helped the game. Graphics aren't everything but on a game like this, they are pretty important. The game doesn't look bad, but it's nothing amazing either.

The key thing here is potential. You always here about the potential on Wii and how these companies build the game"from the ground up for wii" and then the game comes out and it is either just ok or downright crap. I am pretty sure some of those games will also be on PSPor PS2 as well like MLB Power Pros 09. It's been 2 years when is this potential going to become a reality?