This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lawtownspimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lawtownspimp
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts
i've been waitin for this, this will improve all shooters 4 the wii and make it more appealing to me cuz it makes it easier and realistic
Avatar image for SolomonGrundy13
SolomonGrundy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SolomonGrundy13
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

Really? It's neat, but I think like the NES's orange one it will get kind of old. I mean, even with a gun controller I'm still going to be shooting at a TV, not a real zombie or something. Arcade enthusiasts will prolly like it, but I think the average gamer won't be overwhelmed. The wiimote is enought like a gun already:point and fire.

And is it really easier? What if you have to access your inventory in a FPS? I've never complained about using a controller in a FPS, so I might pass on this one.

What's the pricein US $ btw?

ImajinMyFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ImajinMyFX
Member since 2006 • 564 Posts

Pre-Release
Ships 6/26/07
... 19.99

... frome the gamestop website ..... waiting for duckhunt to return!!

DNF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 DNF
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

Theres more

cruxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 cruxe
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts
That last one looks cool, with the joysick on the back... hopeully they make it like that. a built in nun-chuck or something. Could be really cool for some games
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
I'm satisfied with the Wii-mote for shooters. I think the B button has enough of a trigger vibe to render all gun attachments unnecessary.
cruxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cruxe

I'm satisfied with the Wii-mote for shooters. I think the B button has enough of a trigger vibe to render all gun attachments unnecessary.reggie186

Partly agree... I mean more weight and maybe a recoil could almost make RE:UC worth buying :P

I still cant belevie that B is aim and A is shoot for RE4 though... Thats all wrong. haha 

toddH_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 toddH_basic
Member since 2002 • 469 Posts

I'm satisfied with the Wii-mote for shooters. I think the B button has enough of a trigger vibe to render all gun attachments unnecessary.reggie186

i agree, however, if as the picture depicts, you actually have a way to physically reload the gun, that'd be pretty fun... maybe thats just me :/ 

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

I don't like the idea of those gun shells personally, I'd hate to use them in FPS's. I'd rather go for a normal light gun that the Nunchuck can connect to without the Wiimote being involved. RE: UC could benefit from such a thing as an optional add-on that could also be used in future true light-gun games.

For FPS's the Wiimote is great, way better than dual analogue accuracy. But for light gun games, just gimme a proper light gun. 

p_angelofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 p_angelofdeath
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts

Theres more

DNF

This one looks cool.

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

Hehe, I like this one...

Look, a gun controller that like a gun. Crazy.

ThaT-Masta

That's my favorite. 

whostolemysoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 whostolemysoul
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts

Hehe, I like this one...

ThaT-Masta

this one is definetly my favorite so far, then the shot gun and the newer looking gun thing come in a tied second, (or maybe the shotgun a little in the lead of it), but the hand gun for fps to me is awsome... even if the wii mote does have "gun qualities" it's still feels more realistic/funner with an actual gun, especially if it has some kind of weight.... (I know it won't be as heavy as a normal gun, but more weight on the gun will make me feel good) also I used to waste so much money on arcade games (the ones with the pointers and the guns...) I'm ranting.... I'm bored... meh

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts

I don't like the idea of those gun shells personally, I'd hate to use them in FPS's. I'd rather go for a normal light gun that the Nunchuck can connect to without the Wiimote being involved. RE: UC could benefit from such a thing as an optional add-on that could also be used in future true light-gun games.

For FPS's the Wiimote is great, way better than dual analogue accuracy. But for light gun games, just gimme a proper light gun.

tomarlyn

I agree. One thing I loved about House of the Dead 3 is the fact that the shotgun had to be manually cocked instead of the just shooting off the screen.

While I agree the Wiimote on its own is definitely a sufficient gun (I can tell from the target-shooting minigame in Wii Play. If you know how to hold the Wiimote properly with two hands you can achieve good, steady control and great accuracy), I think a proper light gun would add to the immersiveness of the game.

My ideal gun for the Wii is one that is as responsive as possible to add to the immersiveness. I want something that rumbles somewhat violently (while cradling the Wiimote very securely of course) to generate recoil as well something that requires some physical motion to manually reload it. Call it a convergence of ideas from Time Crisis 3 and House of the Dead 3.

Quilex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Quilex
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

I think these look cool, especially if they release some real good arcade style shooters.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

Hehe, I like this one...

ThaT-Masta

Thats gnarly!

cruxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cruxe

tomarlyn

No Way! I dont wanna spend close to $100 (au) for a light gun that the wii can already do. Give me a 20 or so dollar shell please! I mean with the weight and stuff if they made it well it could be just as good as a real light gun. Not to metion light guns gather dust (well my ps2 ones did) when your not using them they just sit there inconveniently... just having a shell you can clip the Wii mote into would be alot more handy an inexpensive IMO