Wii Fit, Does it work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yaelanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Yaelanator
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I was wondering if Wii Fit actually works to make you lose weight. Also I heard of Wii Fit Plus and was wondering, if i buy wii fit next month, could i just buy the Wii Fit plus disk to get the features?

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
wii fit plus will be a stand alone disk. idk if they will also put that in with the bb once released. so far as losing weight.. that will ultimately depend on your own dedication. i have wiifit, but I got it for games like shaun white snowboarding and skate it! for those it's great.
ms-fable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ms-fable
Member since 2008 • 741 Posts

It can work depending on your dedication. My uncle lost 15 pounds in 2 months.

reinchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 reinchester
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts

Wii fit is an excellent way to kep yourself updated and balanced in your exercise regimen. Do the exercises and finding out where you fall short and what you might be doing wrong will help you improve your physical balance and coordination. You should not rely on it as your only source of exercise however. Things like the jog program work better if you actually go out and jog.

Nintend0-BuDDy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Nintend0-BuDDy
Member since 2008 • 639 Posts

yeah it does work, I lost like 10 pounds from it... not saying I really needed to but it does work.

Itsthetruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Itsthetruth
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

If you want to loose weight you have to do exercice and control what you eat.

Wii Fit probably isn't as effective as going to the gimn everyday but you won't have to leave your house to play it, it has some fun games, you can track your progress... So it surely helps. Some say it isn't exacly a personal trainer and it lacks the option for you to set a routine of exercices based on what your goal is, but there's also EA active on the market, and Wii Fit Plus won't take long.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Go with EA Active... it has an easy setting for people just getting into exercise, medium, and a hard setting that wore me down and I run regularly:P

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

Go with EA Active... it has an easy setting for people just getting into exercise, medium, and a hard setting that wore me down and I run regularly:P

TaMuK711
I agree, EA Active will probably give you the best workout, but ignores your abs. Wii Fit gives you ab exercises and helps with your balance and posture (more important than you might think). Wii Fit II looks even better than the original -- the activities look like they are more fun, plus you can set up a routine instead of have to select each activity one at a time.
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

My favorite thing about WiiFit is that you can weigh yourself everyday, and it draws a calendar line graph that shows your weight loss/gain progress. And if you gain about a pound, it addresses ways that may have caused the weight gain (eating too much, indigestion, late dinners, etc.). It's very educational with unique weight-loss tips.

Even if you don't play WiiFit for the exercises, the daily progress graph alone is definitely worth picking up the game for. I found that DDR Hottest Party is more effective for me when it comes to weight loss, but I still weigh myself on WiiFit to keep me aware of daily activities that affect my weight. WiiFit is good for strength training and the Yoga flexibility exercises, and the balance games are excellent for parties.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

It's like that gym membership that you pay for, it only works if you actually go. ;) In this case, Wii Fit will work if you do it consistently. Just weighing yourself more often makes you more aware of your body.

Even if you don't play WiiFit for the exercises, the daily progress graph alone is definitely worth picking up the game for. I found that DDR Hottest Party is more effective for me when it comes to weight loss, but I still weigh myself on WiiFit to keep me aware of daily activities that affect my weight. WiiFit is good for strength training and the Yoga flexibility exercises, and the balance games are excellent for parties.DS_Lightning21

What works best for me is a DDR workout followed by some yoga exercises on wii fit, that way I'm getting a good cardio workout and the stretching tones the muscles.

I haven't tried EA active yet but I've heard good things.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

is it possible to get jacked from any of these games? :P

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts

If you will work, it will. :D

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

is it possible to get jacked from any of these games? :P

shoryuken_
Chest,biceps,abs,pelvis..All can be worked out.You're not gonna be a bodybuilder,but you're body is gonna look a lot better.
Sophia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sophia
Member since 2003 • 567 Posts

Wii Fit Plus will come with a balance board and without. I would suggest you get Wii Fit Plus instead of the original Wii Fit. WFP basically fixes a lot of the features that were annoying in the first one.

And yeah the game will help you lose weight, but the problem is that no one sticks to a routine so you can't lose weight by just owning it. You actually have to make an effort.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

lol im naturally kinda skinny even though i eat a lot of food, and the only exercise ive done is long distance running in high school (probably why im skinny)

but yea, ive never had the incentive to do pushups and lift, id do it for a week and then stop. so i need some kind of incentive to exercise, a videogame would be good for getting me to do it

and yea, im probably gonna wait for wii fit plus

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Also keep in mind Wiifit (or any other exercise) won't do anything if your diet isn't good enough.

JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts
From what I've heard, Wii Fit is a good start to a more healthier lifestyle.
its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

i would suggest wait till the wii fit plus comes out

i bet you its going to come bundled

and yes it does help u lose wait

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="DDRMom"]

It's like that gym membership that you pay for, it only works if you actually go. ;) In this case, Wii Fit will work if you do it consistently. Just weighing yourself more often makes you more aware of your body.

Even if you don't play WiiFit for the exercises, the daily progress graph alone is definitely worth picking up the game for. I found that DDR Hottest Party is more effective for me when it comes to weight loss, but I still weigh myself on WiiFit to keep me aware of daily activities that affect my weight. WiiFit is good for strength training and the Yoga flexibility exercises, and the balance games are excellent for parties.DS_Lightning21

What works best for me is a DDR workout followed by some yoga exercises on wii fit, that way I'm getting a good cardio workout and the stretching tones the muscles.

I haven't tried EA active yet but I've heard good things.

If you don't mind, let me know if you get EA Sports Active -- I'd like to hear how well DDR holds up to it as a work out. I always thought the stretching would be better before the cardio, though I guess you're not likely to pull a muscle from DDR or Sports Active.....
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
[QUOTE="psychobrew"] If you don't mind, let me know if you get EA Sports Active -- I'd like to hear how well DDR holds up to it as a work out. I always thought the stretching would be better before the cardio, though I guess you're not likely to pull a muscle from DDR or Sports Active.....

Sure, I'll let you know after I get it and have tried it. I do stretching after because it's a cool down for me.