• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juke49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juke49
Member since 2005 • 204 Posts
Will the Wii die out sooner then the Xbox360 or PS3?
KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 KEITH1437
Member since 2006 • 2735 Posts
NO!! IT WON'T!!! :(
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Will the Wii die out sooner then the Xbox360 or PS3?Juke49

PS3 first(Because of bankruptcy), then X-Box because it's been out for a year, then Wii will still be going strong!
KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KEITH1437
[QUOTE="Juke49"]Will the Wii die out sooner then the Xbox360 or PS3?Duckman5

PS3 first(Because of bankruptcy), then X-Box because it's been out for a year, then Wii will still be going strong!

I agree with the PS3 dieing but not the 360
LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
OMG you guys ever since the dreamcast thing everyone is like "oh this console will fale ooohhh that console will die" omg really thats very very unlikly the ps3 , xbox360, and wii all have a massive and loyal fan base for each system so it very very unlikly the console will "die". grow up.
zachdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 zachdragon
Member since 2005 • 1707 Posts
The PS3 will catch up because before going bankrupt sony will lower the price drastically Its going to be a race between the Wii and the 360
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Duckman5
[QUOTE="LasPlagasHope"]OMG you guys ever since the dreamcast thing everyone is like "oh this console will fale ooohhh that console will die" omg really thats very very unlikly the ps3 , xbox360, and wii all have a massive and loyal fan base for each system so it very very unlikly the console will "die". grow up.

We are talking system wise like how the X-Box died befor the GC and PS2.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckman5
The PS3 will catch up because before going bankrupt sony will lower the price drastically Its going to be a race between the Wii and the 360zachdragon

Lowering the price will only speed up the process, because the money is in the games so lowering the prive of the system will do nothing if people don't buy games.

ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="LasPlagasHope"]OMG you guys ever since the dreamcast thing everyone is like "oh this console will fale ooohhh that console will die" omg really thats very very unlikly the ps3 , xbox360, and wii all have a massive and loyal fan base for each system so it very very unlikly the console will "die". grow up.

It beat the cube in terms of sales, though.
LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
that not what the top is about......
bubalight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bubalight
Member since 2006 • 1440 Posts
[QUOTE="ColonelWilks"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="LasPlagasHope"]OMG you guys ever since the dreamcast thing everyone is like "oh this console will fale ooohhh that console will die" omg really thats very very unlikly the ps3 , xbox360, and wii all have a massive and loyal fan base for each system so it very very unlikly the console will "die". grow up.

no it did not beat the cube... it destroyed it and people still play there x-box more then people play there wii but then again those are poor fanboys :P
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Duckman5
[QUOTE="ColonelWilks"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="LasPlagasHope"]OMG you guys ever since the dreamcast thing everyone is like "oh this console will fale ooohhh that console will die" omg really thats very very unlikly the ps3 , xbox360, and wii all have a massive and loyal fan base for each system so it very very unlikly the console will "die". grow up.

I know but now Microsoft basically just dropped that system altogether and they'll do the same for the 360 when a neww system comes out.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Duckman5
that not what the top is about......[QUOTE="Juke49"]Will the Wii die out sooner then the Xbox360 or PS3?LasPlagasHope

He hasn't said anything so we will keep posting.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ColonelWilks
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="ColonelWilks"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="LasPlagasHope"]OMG you guys ever since the dreamcast thing everyone is like "oh this console will fale ooohhh that console will die" omg really thats very very unlikly the ps3 , xbox360, and wii all have a massive and loyal fan base for each system so it very very unlikly the console will "die". grow up.

I know but now Microsoft basically just dropped that system altogether and they'll do the same for the 360 when a neww system comes out.

Did Nintendo not drop the cube too?  It seems like Sony is the only one actually supporting their previous gen console...
Juke49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Juke49
Im not trying to put the Wii down or anything but i would like to know why some of you people think it wont die, I dont think it will die, soon anyway, just what other people have been saying
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Duckman5
[QUOTE="ColonelWilks"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="ColonelWilks"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="LasPlagasHope"]OMG you guys ever since the dreamcast thing everyone is like "oh this console will fale ooohhh that console will die" omg really thats very very unlikly the ps3 , xbox360, and wii all have a massive and loyal fan base for each system so it very very unlikly the console will "die". grow up.

Did Nintendo not drop the cube too? It seems like Sony is the only one actually supporting their previous gen console...

Yes they have but seeing as how the PS3 is off  to a questionable start I doubt it will  stay the longest. So that leaves the Wii.
nextgen2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 nextgen2007
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts
Wait, do w e have a team of economists out there? Are we gonna take into account the fact that Microsoft has not made any money EVER from its games division? Arent we aware of the masses of money that Sony has in its pocket. This whole thread is stupid because nobody in here knows what their talking about.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Duckman5
Im not trying to put the Wii down or anything but i would like to know why some of you people think it wont die, I dont think it will die, soon anyway, just what other people have been sayingJuke49

We all know it will die, it HAS to die. We are just saying it will probably last the longest.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ColonelWilks
Wait, do w e have a team of economists out there? Are we gonna take into account the fact that Microsoft has not made any money EVER from its games division? Arent we aware of the masses of money that Sony has in its pocket. This whole thread is stupid because nobody in here knows what their talking about.nextgen2007

That's not what Microsoft sought to do with the X-Box, though.  They wanted to create a fanbase, and they succeeded.  True, Sony has masses of moolah in its pockets, but Microsoft has even more :P
KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KEITH1437
[QUOTE="Juke49"]Im not trying to put the Wii down or anything but i would like to know why some of you people think it wont die, I dont think it will die, soon anyway, just what other people have been sayingDuckman5

We all know it will die, it HAS to die. We are just saying it will probably last the longest.

It may be really close with the 360 too
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Juke49"]Im not trying to put the Wii down or anything but i would like to know why some of you people think it wont die, I dont think it will die, soon anyway, just what other people have been sayingKEITH1437

It may be really close with the 360 too

I'm not sure because the 360 has already been out for 2 years.
mikhailk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 mikhailk5
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
HELLLL NO!!!!!!!!!!!
redmenlax12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 redmenlax12
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
"fale" is not a word...or at least not the right one. The word is "fail". LOL sry. I am a stickler for spelling
xdr789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xdr789
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts
If its on the course its on right now
Then Yes
KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KEITH1437
If its on the course its on right now
Then Yes
xdr789
How? Everyone wants one and there is a frenzy going on.
reinchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 reinchester
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts

Definitley not. Nintendo is the only one of th thre making abosolute profit off of their product. Their price point is very helpful, given that even if you like the 360 or the ps3 better you can still get a Wii (espesciall with a 3600 wii combo). I don't know the exact sost to build a wii including parts, labor, and shipping; but based on what we know I thinks it's safe to assume that each wii sold pay for itself and at least an additional two. Nintendo did what they do best, reach out to everybody. Not to mention they must be really raking it it with the vc games. By todays standards those things could probably bought from a dollar stor at half off.

reinchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 reinchester
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts
Look at sig he's an Xfanboy.
vrizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 vrizzle
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

the games and price of the system determine which system will die first

KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KEITH1437
Look at sig he's an Xfanboy.reinchester
Who? I don't see there sig?
Juke49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Juke49
well the Wiimote was a great idea in all but there is only so much that you can do with the controller, and eventually they will run out of ideas to incoporate into the games, plus if you look at the games that are on multiple systems they all have had lower ratings on the Wii then any other system, thats why I think that there is a possibility that the Wii will die sooner then fans want, or can admit
KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KEITH1437
well the Wiimote was a great idea in all but there is only so much that you can do with the controller, and eventually they will run out of ideas to incoporate into the games, plus if you look at the games that are on multiple systems they all have had lower ratings on the Wii then any other system, thats why I think that there is a possibility that the Wii will die sooner then fans want, or can admitJuke49
each gaME DOESN'T NEED A DIFFERENT CONTROL STYLE
Liquid_Snake92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Liquid_Snake92
Member since 2005 • 3380 Posts
The Wii, by all logical means, should last the longest. Since the system is accessible and affordable, and it costs less for studios to make games for it, as the tech isn't as advanced as 360 and PS3. The price of its games staying the same as PS2, GC, and Xbox's is also something that is sure to get many people into it. The motion sensing is also something that allows people to get more into the games they play, making it attractive to a large age group. Now, I'm not gonna that it will for sure "die" out last, but due to its many positive attributes, it will most likely be the last.
Juke49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Juke49

[QUOTE="Juke49"]well the Wiimote was a great idea in all but there is only so much that you can do with the controller, and eventually they will run out of ideas to incoporate into the games, plus if you look at the games that are on multiple systems they all have had lower ratings on the Wii then any other system, thats why I think that there is a possibility that the Wii will die sooner then fans want, or can admitKEITH1437

yeah but eventually people will just be playing the same type of game with a different shell, so then they will get bored with it, it will make it very difficult to bring something new to a game

ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ColonelWilks
I'm genuinely disappointed with the Wii's 3rd party games, though...
Liquid_Snake92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Liquid_Snake92
Member since 2005 • 3380 Posts
yeah. a lot of the "big and awesome" launch titles have been disappointments. Luckily though, there were good ones to cancel the crap out, and many great games to come out since.
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
Hmm let me think....NO
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gam3r3OOO
a big gameplay improvement >>>>>> a small graphical improvement
MarioFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MarioFanatic
Member since 2003 • 6153 Posts
this question is better asked in general games discussion or (god forbid) system wars, because posting a question like this in this specific forum will 99% pro-wii responses (hence the name '"wii" forum')
UltimateGogeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 UltimateGogeta
Member since 2005 • 658 Posts
Wii will die last or second to last, Microsoft will give up on 360 and try to make something better than PS3 and if is better Sony might try to make a better PS4 or just stick with the PS3 if the new Xbox isnt that much better so it depends on if Sony wants to make a new console before Nintendo or not.(Im not saying this is going to happen its just what I think might happen because I think Microsoft doesnt really care about their fans and would rather just beat Sony and Nintendo) 
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#40 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts

[QUOTE="Juke49"]Will the Wii die out sooner then the Xbox360 or PS3?Duckman5

I hardly think Sony is going to go bankrupt any time soon.

MarioFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MarioFanatic
Member since 2003 • 6153 Posts

[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Juke49"]Will the Wii die out sooner then the Xbox360 or PS3?reggie186

I hardly think Sony is going to go bankrupt any time soon.

maybe he meant the video game division of sony, although i hardly doubt that they will go out of busniness.
happy2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 happy2012
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts

PS3 will be the down fall because of cost of the hardware. They will have to drop the price of the PS3 ever though they can't afford it.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 jNerd
Member since 2005 • 7598 Posts

[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Juke49"]Will the Wii die out sooner then the Xbox360 or PS3?KEITH1437

I agree with the PS3 dieing but not the 360

The PS3 sucks and will inevitably fail unless they rerelease the console without blu-ray & drop the price to the same as the 360's. The Wii will-not fail.

happy2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 happy2012
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts
Microsoft is going to release a black version of the Xbox 360 with a 120 GB hard drive. Microsoft took its usual line of not commenting on rumor and speculation.

It does make sense for Microsoft to release a new machine at this stage of its lifecycle. The PS3 is now out in some major markets and does have some features that the 360 does not have, such as a much bigger hard drive and HDMI connection. If Microsoft were to release a new machine that was still cheaper than the PS3 but had a 120 GB hard drive and HDMI, then it would surely increase sales and hurt the PS3.
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gam3r3OOO
I really think the question is who will win the console Wars? Nintendo or Microsoft? It is not a matter of fizzle, it is a matter of longevity. The 360 has shown its dominance in the market for a year. The Wii has only just begun. And the PS3 has had mixed success. We can hardly pronounce a winner.
Axel_rocks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 Axel_rocks14
Member since 2007 • 780 Posts
Well PS3 is starting to go down the gutter but 360 and Wii will go a long way and then i think the wii will win because it is more appealing to some buyers cause of cheaper price and wii is more fun. But nobody knows for sure until then
bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#48 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts
None of them are going to die within the next 5 years.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 jNerd
Member since 2005 • 7598 Posts

[QUOTE="Juke49"]well the Wiimote was a great idea in all but there is only so much that you can do with the controller, and eventually they will run out of ideas to incoporate into the games, plus if you look at the games that are on multiple systems they all have had lower ratings on the Wii then any other system, thats why I think that there is a possibility that the Wii will die sooner then fans want, or can admitKEITH1437

Agree, if Marvel Ultimate Alliance used the same or a similar control scheme as Twilight Princess it would've done and been WAY BETTER!

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gam3r3OOO

[QUOTE="KEITH1437"][QUOTE="Juke49"]well the Wiimote was a great idea in all but there is only so much that you can do with the controller, and eventually they will run out of ideas to incoporate into the games, plus if you look at the games that are on multiple systems they all have had lower ratings on the Wii then any other system, thats why I think that there is a possibility that the Wii will die sooner then fans want, or can admitCheezyFrog

Agree, if Marvel Ultimate Alliance used the same or a similar control scheme as Twilight Princess it would've done and been WAY BETTER!

Thats what they said about the PS2 controller. But the wiimote adds more options for playability. You have more things you can assign. You basically gain something better than a mouse, and directional "reflex moves". Sure the developers don't have to use these extra options but it sure is fun to experiment with them.