This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

First of all: Metroid Prime 3 is a great game. It shows what can be done with the Wiimote and lets us foresee what FPS will be in the future of the Wii.

Too bad that the rest of the FPS for our console is pretty lackluster: Far Cry is blah, I hear Red Steel is meh and I got bored with the WWII shooters, so I'm not getting MoH Heroes 2 anytime soon. Duh.

Let's look at the future then: what FPS are gonna come out on the Wii?

Also: which ones would you like to see and why? I'd sell my lungs for a (technically watered down) version of Crysis or a decent Far Cry.

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I know you're bored with WWII shooters but I think you should still give Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 a chance. It controls brilliantly, even better than Metroid Prime 3 if you can believe it. I've never been into WWII shooters but MoH:H2 is a blast. Not to mention the whole 32 player online thing. At least rent it.

I just hope developers take that game's controls into consideration when it comes to future FPS on the Wii. I honestly believe the controls on the Wii can be equal to that with a mouse and keyboard. MoH:H2 is the best example so far.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

i rented moh2 and i was very un-impressed :| other than controls its a pretty bland shooter and to make it even more bland they made a ww2 game :| out of all the great shooters these days it really offers nothing new in gameplay that hasnt been done before.... and graphics were very very poor, im sorry but fps need cool graphics!

metroid prime 3 is the best fps on wii! other than that.... just because the wii's controls are good for fps dosent really mean anything as far as fps support!

santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts

i rented moh2 and i was very un-impressed :| other than controls its a pretty bland shooter and to make it even more bland they made a ww2 game :| out of all the great shooters these days it really offers nothing new in gameplay that hasnt been done before.... and graphics were very very poor, im sorry but fps need cool graphics!

metroid prime 3 is the best fps on wii! other than that.... just because the wii's controls are good for fps dosent really mean anything as far as fps support!

kenakuma
Not true. i bet you, that you would buy Golden eye if it came out tomorrow on the VC.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kenakuma
[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

santanablu3

Not true. i bet you, that you would buy Golden eye if it came out tomorrow on the VC.

ya but golden eye is a pretty old fps, 2 gens old and a classic! if im gonna buy a new fps this gen it better bring something new to the table!!! like metroid did!!!

xvwvx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 xvwvx
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts
I think that Red Steel 2 is going to be the best FPS on Wii when it comes out. As "meh" as it might have been, for a launch title, it was pretty good, in my opinion. Ubisoft is taking this franchise seriously. Recently, they gave the game to a different team of developers. They know they could have done better, so they're letting a different, more experienced team take a crack at the game. I don't even care if it's online or not, as long as it controls well, and as long as it's fun, I'll be happy. Yeah, the Wii has the POTENTIAL to be the #1 home for FPSs, but the developers have to take the time to make a worthwhile game.
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 santanablu3
[QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="kenakuma"]

kenakuma

ya but golden eye is a pretty old fps, 2 gens old and a classic! if im gonna buy a new fps this gen it better bring something new to the table!!! like metroid did!!!

all im saying is that FPS really doesnt have to have good graphics for it to be good. and if you look at metriod prime 1-3 you'll see not to much of a diffrence.(just only the gameplay and thats about it.) but i do see were your coming from when you say that it has to bring something new to the table, and also i though MOH:H2 brought alot to the table since it was the first game to bring online with 32 player to Nintendo.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kenakuma
[QUOTE="kenakuma"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="kenakuma"]

santanablu3

all im saying is that FPS really doesnt have to have good graphics for it to be good. and if you look at metriod prime 1-3 you'll see not to much of a diffrence.(just only the gameplay and thats about it.) but i do see were your coming from when you say that it has to bring something new to the table, and also i though MOH:H2 brought alot to the table since it was the first game to bring online with 32 player to Nintendo.

ya 32 player online for the Wii was new but it wasnt new to the gaming community since pc and other consoles already do that. i want to see some new gameplay features on a wii fps like the first red steel was trying to do and failed at, hopefully the next one pulls it off!

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

ya 32 player online for the Wii was new but it wasnt new to the gaming community since pc and other consoles already do that. i want to see some new gameplay features on a wii fps like the first red steel was trying to do and failed at, hopefully the next one pulls it off!

kenakuma

Sorry, but what other game have you played where you actually raise the controller up and over your shoulder to shoot a bazooka? Little things like that add a lot of fun to a game. MoH:H2 offers quite a few cool, new things.

mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
[QUOTE="kenakuma"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="kenakuma"]

santanablu3

he might have forgetten to mention the following, the campain is one of the worst in shooter history, as the AI takes cover behind an object and turn their back to u. graphics arent neeseearily needed, but MP had one of the best graphics last gen, to it got away by the lack of improvement this gen. character animations are very awkward as sometime u cant tell if they're dead or alive cause half of them stand up after they've been killed. u move at a very slow pace, the sprint doesnt help because its very short. and the biggest problem is that u constantly miss ur targets even when ur aim is dead on.

some people like m friend dont see these problems because he only has a wii, but i played call of duty 4 to death, so i can point out all these issues in comparison.

anyway, someone mentioned that red steel 2 will be the best. im looking forward to it, because aside from the controls, RS wasnt that bad of a game. hopefully if they're making a timesplitters, it'll be even better

dirtymurdy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dirtymurdy123
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
i heard tht a new ghost recon was coming out for the wii soon......and also with the new wii pay and play coming out so that will definetaly attract more fps developers as well as others
Nova_Mongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nova_Mongoose
Member since 2004 • 2261 Posts
ya 32 player online for the Wii was new but it wasnt new to the gaming community since pc and other consoles already do that. i want to see some new gameplay features on a wii fps like the first red steel was trying to do and failed at, hopefully the next one pulls it off!kenakuma
There's something to be said about pwning somebody using the Wiimote. It's actual hand-eye coordination and it makes the online very challenging. I love it.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I personally think that the Wii is perfect for FPS. Graphics aren't really that neccesary, just look at MOH2 and its popularity. Companies should take advantage of the Wii mote and develop some solid FPS for the Wii soon. Counter Strike for the Wii would probably be good.
NFS102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 NFS102
Member since 2007 • 27011 Posts

i heard tht a new ghost recon was coming out for the wii soon......dirtymurdy123

I wish this was true, but I'm pretty sure it's not coming to wii. I know it's listed on gamespot but it's no where to be found on the official website or anywhere else for that matter.

sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
I wish a good single player FPS that's not Metroid would come out for the Wii.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Black_Knight_00

Ok, thanks for the advice on MoHH2, guess I may give Medal of Odor one last chance, even after the disgraceful MoH Frontline.

As for my other question: aside from Red Steel 2, are there really no FPS coming out?

Oh, by the way: it's not FPS, but SW The Force Unleashed looks really good, it reminds me of Jedi Outcast (yummy, Jedi Outcast, good times).

Swifty_Magee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Swifty_Magee
Member since 2003 • 1130 Posts

I think it would be awesome if they brought over COD 4 and included the impressive and highly tweakable control scheme in MOHH2. COD 4 or The Orange Box; I'd love to play Half-Life 2 or Team Fortress 2 with Wii controls, and Portal seems like it would fit the system so well!

As to actual future FPS games coming out for the system, I have no idea. Hopefully something great will be out this year.

pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Yea I know if Developers know how to use the WII-Mote the WII could be the best in FPS console gaming. The only FPS game worth playing IMO is Metroid Prime 3. I got very bored with WW2 shooters so I'am not also going to touch MoH 2. So I'am currently waiting for an awesome FPS that has nothing to do with WW2.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
crysis isn' the best game ever
half life 2 would be something to get excited about not far cry or crysis

seriously watered down team fortress 2 would be awesome (maybe not watered down...) but anyway red steel 2 could be really good (red steel only sucked because of it's control the rest was alright)
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

FPA

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
The Wii really has great potential for FPS games, and from my personal experience, I prefered the Wii-mote/Nunchuck over dual-analog. I played Halo 3 at my friend's and I just thought it felt weird, the Wii controls felt so much better for FPS, and I would like to see a few more good FPS on the Wii. Hopefully developers can learn from games like MP3 and MoHH2, which both had superb controls.
epayps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 epayps2
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

I'd like a new Timesplitter, to come out on the Wii.

WiiBaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WiiBaller
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts

I think Nintendo should buy the Tom Clancy series of games. Then we would have our FPS problems solved. Beause we would get some sweet shooters, and plus the other companies would notice this ans they would start making their games for the Wii too. But I know this won't happen. So I'm not getting my hopes up.

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

maybe some kind of new alien/monster shooter!

because shooting human people makes me... uneasy and a little sick.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cyber-

MP3 is not a FPS its an FPA and while the controls are great it is in fact an adventure game.

I really hope that Retro could do the next Geist game.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Black_Knight_00

MP3 is not a FPS its an FPA and while the controls are great it is in fact an adventure game.

Cyber-

True but... I would have agreed if we were talking about MP1 or 2, those were definitely FPA, only vaguely resembling an FPS, but MP3 is more FPS than the prequels (free strafing, mouse-like aiming...).

mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrjam0

I think Nintendo should buy the Tom Clancy series of games. Then we would have our FPS problems solved. Beause we would get some sweet shooters, and plus the other companies would notice this ans they would start making their games for the Wii too. But I know this won't happen. So I'm not getting my hopes up.

WiiBaller

the only problem is that ubisoft tends to throw crap on wii

santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 santanablu3
[QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="kenakuma"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="kenakuma"]

mrjam0

he might have forgetten to mention the following, the campain is one of the worst in shooter history, as the AI takes cover behind an object and turn their back to u. graphics arent neeseearily needed, but MP had one of the best graphics last gen, to it got away by the lack of improvement this gen. character animations are very awkward as sometime u cant tell if they're dead or alive cause half of them stand up after they've been killed. u move at a very slow pace, the sprint doesnt help because its very short. and the biggest problem is that u constantly miss ur targets even when ur aim is dead on.

some people like m friend dont see these problems because he only has a wii, but i played call of duty 4 to death, so i can point out all these issues in comparison.

anyway, someone mentioned that red steel 2 will be the best. im looking forward to it, because aside from the controls, RS wasnt that bad of a game. hopefully if they're making a timesplitters, it'll be even better

um to put it straight i agree with some of the point you said. but we are not comparing other games on other console to MOHH2 cause we are talking about Nintendo here(big difference.) the A.I in MOH is horrible but still is doesn't make the game bad. a game with no a.i is still fun. your favorite classic game has no A.I yet i still have not seen anybody joke on Golden eye or even halo 1. that said i would like to remind you guys that MOH isn't a real Sim's fps. its closer to an arcade style FPS. so i myself expected it to have dumb AI and massive waste of clips on any gun. the campain can not be judged.(thats opinionated) i know people that thought that MOH:H2 had a awsome story....(don't ask me, i personaly hate it) but the big point that I'm trying to make is if you nit pick any type of glitches or even bad graphics, you are going to have no games in your library
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Black_Knight_00

True but... I would have agreed if we were talking about MP1 or 2, those were definitely FPA, only vaguely resembling an FPS, but MP3 is more FPS than the prequels (free strafing, mouse-like aiming...).

thats mor ein depth control but it does not change the genre. The substance of the game is still a hardcore adventure in its purest form. It remains a FPS. And MoH is the best FPS on Wii unfortunately its a WWII shooter and it sold terribly.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

Timesplitters 4 Wii-exclussive (keeping my fingers crossed ;) ). If Nintendo published that game it would be huge.

MOH:H2 has great controls (some feel tacked on, I don't even bother using the stationary machine guns) and is good for online multiplayer but it is fairly generic, the campaign mode was very average.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cyber-

Timesplitters 4 Wii-exclussive (keeping my fingers crossed ;) ). If Nintendo published that game it would be huge.

MOH:H2 has great controls (some feel tacked on, I don't even bother using the stationary machine guns) and is good for online multiplayer but it is fairly generic, the campaign mode was very average.

umcommon
I just recently found out that the machine gun is easier than first thought.
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mrjam0
[QUOTE="mrjam0"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="kenakuma"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="kenakuma"]

santanablu3

um to put it straight i agree with some of the point you said. but we are not comparing other games on other console to MOHH2 cause we are talking about Nintendo here(big difference.) the A.I in MOH is horrible but still is doesn't make the game bad. a game with no a.i is still fun. your favorite classic game has no A.I yet i still have not seen anybody joke on Golden eye or even halo 1. that said i would like to remind you guys that MOH isn't a real Sim's fps. its closer to an arcade style FPS. so i myself expected it to have dumb AI and massive waste of clips on any gun. the campain can not be judged.(thats opinionated) i know people that thought that MOH:H2 had a awsome story....(don't ask me, i personaly hate it) but the big point that I'm trying to make is if you nit pick any type of glitches or even bad graphics, you are going to have no games in your library

dumbest AI ever, original super mario, but still is concidered one of the best games ever made, i get ur point. but if u notice, most of my points were derrived from the online play. and as a hardcore gamer, i get in the habit of judging games, factoring out the good and the bad. its similar to critics who review games, as im sure uve seen many on the forums who do so. i dont see how looking for quality games is an issue, for i have well over 50 games sitting under my television. not to mention that ive sold many as well

Carroll-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Carroll-06
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
Half Life 2 would be brilliant if they could work out the graphics and controls. Or Team-Fortress 2 would be pretty fun, the list is endless.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cyber-

Half Life 2 would be brilliant if they could work out the graphics and controls. Or Team-Fortress 2 would be pretty fun, the list is endless.Carroll-06

or ten times better an orignal game because we never get that from devs.

Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts
I'm not sure what FPS games are on the horizon for Wii topic creator...but I'm shocked to know that as of now, no huge FPS has been announced for the Wii. A big name developer is missing out on a chance to make A LOT of money, if they would just put the time in to make a great FPS for Wii. We all know Retro Studios could do it easily, but who knows what they're working on at the moment. You'd think maybe Valve (speaking at nintendo's GDC last year) was at the very least messing around with the console. Anyway, devs are missing out on a huge opportunity to make one of the biggest FPS's (hype wise) for the wii. Imagine the chaos and hype for a Wii FPS if a big name developer came out and said they were starting development on "so-and-so FPS". Remember when Red Steel was first announced? It was crazy. Now imagine if a developer took the time to make a REALLY good FPS for the Wii. It's a shame.
Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts

[QUOTE="Carroll-06"]Half Life 2 would be brilliant if they could work out the graphics and controls. Or Team-Fortress 2 would be pretty fun, the list is endless.Cyber-

or tent times better an orignal game because we never get that from devs.

Yea...no more ports lol. Seriously

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
blah, meh, and duh... i lol'ed :lol: nice one dude :P
Black_Knight_00