Why should I get Majora's Mask?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mike885
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

I'm just wondering, but why should i really get it, because tons of people have been saying for anyone that hasn't gotton it needs it. I remember beating ocarina when I was like 8 and tried majoras at a friends and hated it because of the time limit, I also hated pikmin though at around the same time. Later now I got new play control pikmin and loved it, because the time limit with the days isn't a problem for me anymore now that im older, so its less challenging. Will it basicly be the same with Majora's mask or should I not bother getting it?

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

MM's time limit may frusterate some people, but if it's really an issue...you can slow it down by doing...something.

JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JebranRush
Member since 2009 • 1401 Posts

It's a fantastic game. The time limit, if it so bothers you, can be slowed to a near crawl by [spoiler] playing the Song of Time backwards. [/spoiler]

I highly recommend it. It's a challenging game, regardless of the time limit.

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mike885

MM's time limit may frusterate some people, but if it's really an issue...you can slow it down by doing...something.

thetravman

I know, but pikmins time limit also used to but now that i'm older It doesn't bother me at all. Would it basicly be the same with Majora's Mask?

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

Mike885

I know, but pikmins time limit also used to but now that i'm older It doesn't bother me at all. Would it basicly be the same with Majora's Mask?

Should be, especially since MM's "Time Limit" isn't as strict as Pikmin's since you can rewind time, slow down time, or even skip days. But you should definitely try the game, it is by far the best of the 3D Zelda games IMO.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Use the sticky

Ishboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ishboy12
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

Haha, wish I knew how to slow it when I was played through it :D. Oh well, now I know.

To answer the question; MM is very similar in most regards to OoT. If you remember liking OoT then you will like Majora's Mask, despite the "time limit" it has. The ocarina, adventure, weapons, magic, lands, and story are still there, and it's often debatable as to which N64 Zelda was the best (OoT or MM).

You've already said the time limit doesn't irk you anymore, so if you like zelda then you'll love Majora's Mask too. :)

Zombie_Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zombie_Eric
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts

I played Ocarina and Majora's Mask both around the 8-10 age range also, and ISTRONGLY preferred Ocarina to Majora's Mask back then. But now that I'm older I think I have a better appreciation for MM. It's definately a unique Zelda experience and I'm really glad that I've played through it. So, now that you're older, you might be able to appreciate it better too. Or not... it all depends.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

the bunny hood and fierce diety(or whatever its called)

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Its the darkest themed Zelda, great story, beautiful soundtrack, perfect level of challenge. Its the perfect sequel to OoT.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Heh, I figured the slow time technique by accident when I first played the game. Best random discovery ever. :p

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

its a great game, but dont get it if youre not interested. theres no "BUY MAJORAS'S NAO!" mandate.

JohnCarterS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JohnCarterS
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Because Legend of Zelda games are the best games ever.
Itsthetruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Itsthetruth
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

Yes the time limit is strange at first, but it really makes Majora's Mask something totally different. In other Zeldas or othergames you'll eventually get back to a zone where the people recognise you and thank you for saving them before. However in MM, you keep going back and forth in time during the game soit's like things have never happened, noone remembers you. I found it awesome for a game tobe able to give you that "frustation".

Andcompleting that bookby helping people because you know their future is one of my favourite gaming moments. Cant remember thename... book of deeds? book of achievements hehe?

In my opinion:

1-Ocarina of Time (N64)

2-Majora's Mask (N64)

3-Wind Waker (GC)

4-A Link to the Past (SNES)

5-Twilight Princess (GC/Wii)

My only concern is if graphics aren't so good nowadays and it make's it harder for you to enjoy the game. But other than that it's a recommended title.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
You don't have to if you don't want to.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

why should I tell you why? :P

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mike885

You don't have to if you don't want to.OreoMilkshake
Never said I don't want it, i was just asking because when i was little I hated pikmin but now about 7 years later I like the game a lot more and don't mind the time limit so much. I'm just wondering if majora's mask would basicly work the same way with me.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I would advise you to read a Review or watch a video of the game to get more of a feel with it now that you are in your older state of mind.
Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Dgalmun
Member since 2009 • 16266 Posts
The game is not that bad it wasn't as good as OOT but it was pretty good despite the time limit.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
The game was an experiment. It succeeded under some aspects and ended up pissing fans off with some bad design variations. All in all, it's a great game, if you can get past the time limit and other minor quirks you'll surely enjoy the improved OoT engine and the amazing masks collection which give you a bunch of special powers. don't pass on it of you're a Zelda fan.
boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 boba707
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts

i have it on the 64 so i dont see any reason to get it VC

Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hungry_Jello
Member since 2008 • 3024 Posts

You should get it because you can turn into a Zora and play the song of time with a fish bone guitar. Thats reason enough.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

You should most Definitely get it:)

Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

well, it may be the boldest change in gameplay that ever ocurred to a zelda game... but thank god it's the way it is.

majora's mask is a blast, man. download it.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
because it's a zelda game
fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

I'm not gonna convince you to get an amazing game. If you decide not to get it, your loss.

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mike885

I'm not gonna convince you to get an amazing game. If you decide not to get it, your loss.

fluffy_kins

I never said I didn't want to, I just wanted to know why I should. I also wanted to know if it would be like pikmin, where i hated pikmin (like majora) when I was little but played the wii version recently and was fine with the time limit now that i am older and it isn't so challenging.

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fluffy_kins

honestly the time limit isnt even a big deal. There's a song you can play that slows the counter thing down so much it's not even an issue anymore. Plus when you go back in time, all your major items are saved. People complain way too much about it

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mike885

honestly the time limit isnt even a big deal. There's a song you can play that slows the counter thing down so much it's not even an issue anymore. Plus when you go back in time, all your major items are saved. People complain way too much about it

fluffy_kins

I know, but I was like 8 and i didn't know about the thing that slows down time. I just hated the time limit when I was little because it made it so much more challenging for me, but now that i'm older i'm wondering if i'd be like pikmin was where i hated the time limit when i was younger but now I don't mind.

Avatar image for decimatetheweak
decimatetheweak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 decimatetheweak
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

dude have you played twilight princess

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mike885

dude have you played twilight princess

decimatetheweak

ya

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fluffy_kins

[QUOTE="fluffy_kins"]

Mike885

I know, but I was like 8 and i didn't know about the thing that slows down time. I just hated the time limit when I was little because it made it so much more challenging for me, but now that i'm older i'm wondering if i'd be like pikmin was where i hated the time limit when i was younger but now I don't mind.

idk, i have never played pikmin. I guess it's worth a shot to try it again right? It really is an awesome game, my favorite game in fact :)

Avatar image for RepairmanGraeme
RepairmanGraeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RepairmanGraeme
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

This is the first Zelda game I played and for me one of the best. Since its time based its a lot more creative in its side quests having to meet people at certain times bringing you closer to the characters and the ending sequence reflects this and makes completing it very rewarding and worth while.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Even if You don't 'cheat' the time limit is only there one time if i remember correctly.
After that You get ways of influencing time.
And teleports etc.
So the time limit shouldn't bother You very long just the first time through it can be annoying.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the dungeons yet. There are only four of them (if I remember right), but they're easily the best dungeons of all the 3D games in my opinion. The Stone Tower is genius. So is the Water Temple (whatever it's called). The other two aren't as memorable since I haven't played it in many years, but I do remember enjoying them.

MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Why should I get Majora's Mask?

Because it's the best Zelda ever made, 'duh ...

metswonin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 metswonin69
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts

You should get it because it is probably the best game to come out on the Wii in over a year....

its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

well just slow down the time by playing the song of time backwords

and yes i would sugest it i beat it like 3 times on the n64 so i dont need to buy it on VC

g1rldraco7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#39 g1rldraco7
Member since 2008 • 2988 Posts
if you're a zelda fan get the game, don't get something just because everyone else is.
MagnuzGuerra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MagnuzGuerra
Member since 2004 • 1037 Posts
Like JordanElek said, it has the best dungeons of any 3D Zelda game, imo. And it's challenging not only to beat them, but to get to them too. Lots of quests and hard puzzles, great sense of humor and it's awesome to investigate the life of every npc. To me, it's the best 3D Zelda game. Oh, you'll just love how you have do "carry" the Deku Princess at the end of the first dungeon. :D
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
I love how dark the story is compared to other Zelda games, for example lets compare the starts. OOT: You wake up, meet a hot girl, go talk to a tree who dies, but sets you off on a quest to save hyrule from a dark force. Generic RPG fare (well, not the Tree much), and not very dark. MM: You are riding through the woods on your horse when suddenly you get knocked unconscious and mugged by a Skull Kid and a couple of fairies. They take your Ocarina and your horse, you chase after them, they turn you into a Deku Scrub. Then you find out that the moon is gonna crash in 3 days and kill lots of people. Substantially darker and more unique. And some of the things I found really depressing, mainly Anju. The poor woman runs an Inn practically on her own, has to look after her insane mother who treats her like dirt and to top it off, her fiance has left her (OR HAS HE? DUN DUN DUNNNN). See, substantially darker and more depressing. Still has a great sense of humour at times though XD