Why should I buy a Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madbrad07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 madbrad07
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

As it stands, I plan on buying a Wii U at launch, but Im afraid I'm more excited about the hype rather than the practicality of actually owning one. I am a casual gamer and am of the "Halo Generation" meaning when I first got introduced to the LAN gaming experience via Halo, I was hooked and my preference for gaming now leans towards competitive multiplayer games, particularly FPSs and occasionally RTSs like Starcraft, which by the way is the first game I have ever considered just as much fun to watch as it is to play! But anyway, back to my point, Im looking to expand my palette in a sense, and Im really curious about the composite of things we will be able to do with the Wii U compared to the new Xbox and Playstation. Help me out guys, voice some opinions and let me see some different perspectives on why I should, or shouldnt get geared up for Nintendo.

Thanks!

madbrad07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 madbrad07
EDIT: By posting this in the Nintendo Wii & WiiU forum, I am expecting biased responses, but that's what I want! I want some enthusiasm :)
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

As a life long Nintendo fan who has been playing video games on Nintendo hardware since the original NES launched I can tell you that the only reason to own a Nintendo console nowadays is if you want to play Nintendo games. Now that might sound like a bad thing but I happen to think Nintendo makes the best games which is why I always purchase their systems. The Wii U is supposed to bring in the same third party support that Sony and Microsoft currently enjoy so you might see the same kind of games on the Wii U as you see now on the Xbox 360 and the PS3m but if you already have one of those and like online multiplayer (which Nintendo is not known for) there really is no reason to purchase a Wii U unless you want the first party titles.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Are you excited about any of the launch games? A fan of Mario or Pikmin? If so, that should be reason enough.
videog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 videog
Member since 2011 • 327 Posts

Why should you buy a Wii U you ask...BECUZ I SAID SO!!! Jk it seems so far that third party companpanies are giving it a chance. So thats a reason I guess...

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

you should buy it because you're a fanboy and you buy everything nintendo makes................. JOKING! but seriously, you should TRY it out at the stores before you buy it. I'm not sure if I'll get one. Personally I'm waiting to see the actual console in person and demo it, before I decide if I'm going to fork over the money. the Wii is a gimmic, but can the wii U be more of a gaming machine? we'll see....

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I am a casual gamer

madbrad07

You are Nintendo's number one demographic.

You are Nintendo's main focus, they built their entire company around you.

If you have children or little brothers or sisters you have a clear sweep, everything that Nintendo is and will ever be is directed right at you.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

i truly dont mean to be rude or negative but if your not really looking forward to owning the console but are just swept up in the hype as you say and you feel the need to have others tell you why you should buy the system...well then maybe you shouldnt buy it?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Fan of Pikmin? Then go for it. And that's about it.
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

want the same games as teh xbox ans PS3, but i want them to run better without my energy hungry and bulky PC. i want a standard control scheme with something new. i want the amazing exlcusives that only nintendo can offer.

=Wii U

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

If you have to ask then the answer is "No" ...do you like Mario/Zelda/Metroid games?..if "No" then don't get it...if "yes" to either of those games, then you will have to, to play..simple as that. Don't buy base on hype or because someone tells you to. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072abf2e969
deactivated-5c072abf2e969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5c072abf2e969
Member since 2009 • 249 Posts

if you need encouragement to buy something, then you shouldn't really get it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

you should buy it because you're a fanboy and you buy everything nintendo makes................. JOKING! but seriously, you should TRY it out at the stores before you buy it. I'm not sure if I'll get one. Personally I'm waiting to see the actual console in person and demo it, before I decide if I'm going to fork over the money. the Wii is a gimmic, but can the wii U be more of a gaming machine? we'll see....

Talldude80
I am going to try the WiiU out NEXT WEEK!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D I'll post my opinions on it at a later date.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

That is the job of Reggie Fils-Aime to inspire you to buy the Wii U. Failing that if your not a die hard Nintendo fan.

Seems once again Nintendo has introduced a new control scheme. The Tablet Controller A.K.A the Gamepad. Looks like since apple and iPad,1,2,3 and other tablet computers arrived. People seem to like Tablets. So Nintendo has to get into the act with a Tablet shaped controller. Then find a way to convince people why a second screen via the Gampad tablet will add to game play.

Nintendo no doubt will make creative use of that new Controller. Nintendo has in the past made innovations with control schemes. But this time Nintendo has had a more difficult time convincing people that the Wii U is worthwhile investment. Given that this will be Nintendo Most expensive console, Given that the Wii U also features Nintendo's most expensive controller ever. That Tablet controller "GamePad" is what Nintendo is hoping will be another revolutionary advancement to innovative, creative, gamplay that will help the videogame industry forward.

I have decided to take a chance on Nintendo's sixth home videogame console. I have saved $350.00 for the Wii U fund thus far.

But No one can convince you to buy a Wii U. If Reggie, Iwata, Miyamoto and the rest of the Nintendo crew have not convinced you. Then they have not done their job.

So Nintendo has 1 year to 18 months to show the world why the Wii U is worth it. Before Sony and Microsoft launch.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I hate seeing people ask questions like this. If you don't already see a reason to own the console then don't. I'm buying it because there are games coming out for it that I want to play, and it'll likely get a lot more in the future that I'll also want. You need to ask two questions, are there games coming out that I want, and will I enjoy the controller, and depending on that make up your mind.
madbrad07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 madbrad07

As a life long Nintendo fan who has been playing video games on Nintendo hardware since the original NES launched I can tell you that the only reason to own a Nintendo console nowadays is if you want to play Nintendo games. Now that might sound like a bad thing but I happen to think Nintendo makes the best games which is why I always purchase their systems. The Wii U is supposed to bring in the same third party support that Sony and Microsoft currently enjoy so you might see the same kind of games on the Wii U as you see now on the Xbox 360 and the PS3m but if you already have one of those and like online multiplayer (which Nintendo is not known for) there really is no reason to purchase a Wii U unless you want the first party titles.

Euaggelistes

Thanks buddy :)

darkdude2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darkdude2k12
Member since 2011 • 874 Posts

What a bunch of pathetic responses.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

as clueless as you sound... i'd just let an informed person buy your consoles...like your wife or your son... your job is to just sit your a$$ by the tv and play it.

madbrad07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 madbrad07

as clueless as you sound... i'd just let an informed person buy your consoles...like your wife or your son... your job is to just sit your a$$ by the tv and play it.

KBFloYd

Haha, sounds about right. My son loves the Wii!

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I think there will be plenty to like and enjoy with the Wii U. Just treat yourself to a nice launch and buy a bunch of games.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34668 Posts
Just get one when there are games for it you know you want. It's pretty simple.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

madbrad07

Haha, sounds about right. My son loves the Wii!

see...there ya go. ask your son.

slowpokebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 slowpokebro
Member since 2012 • 572 Posts
You should buy a brain to help in your decision.