Why is there still no news for Tekken 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxxxRemmyxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxxxRemmyxxxx
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts

It's just a couple days until release and there aren't even any reviews or anything. Just 2 or 3 really short trailers I've seen a hundred times and a few rumors. I even looked on the sticky threads here and they got a little bit of info, but it's just not enough!!! Ugh, I'd just like to see some gameplay or something!!!! I hate it when they give a total media blackout for a game I'm really looking forward to. Sorry, just getting a little impatient. Had to rant a little, but I'm done now:D

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
There's tons of news. Runs in 60 FPS in Full 3D, has the 3D movie Tekken Blood Vengeance+a full game on the single cartridge, has a full feature of characters, online multiplayer and survival modes. Plus there are quite a few trailers.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
There's also a lot of gameplay, also you can't just expect reviews to come out before a games released, for most games they come out after.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
its a fighting game there is no reason for news
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

its a fighting game there is no reason for newselbert_b_23
Why is that? I rather hear about the fighting genre over al those run of the mill shooters that are being released.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I saw gameplay footage and it looks like garbage. I was thinking about picking it up before that. Dead or Alive Dimensions SMOKES it. Shame too because I have been waiting a long time for the Tekken franchise to come to a Nintendo system. Looks like I will be waiting for the Wii U release. A lot of people are saying putting the movie on the cartridge forced them to slaughter the game. Shame.

Edit: Here is a link of the highly touted 60 FPS. The backgrounds looks attrocious, the character models look last generation and it looks like entire frames of animation are missing. Maybe if it was the only fighter available on 3DS I would consider it but between DOAD and SSFIV Tekken has no shot.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Dur02wIxA

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 elbert_b_23

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]its a fighting game there is no reason for newsjasonharris48

Why is that? I rather hear about the fighting genre over al those run of the mill shooters that are being released.

it because in fighting games you can predict the modes and most don't have the same 3 or 4 modes and then the fighters and there wont be any new ones in the same so thers just all the old ones, anything new on the game they used to sell it as soon as it was in developement
Avatar image for TwighlightBlade
TwighlightBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TwighlightBlade
Member since 2012 • 872 Posts

Go to the product page on Nintendo, has all the info you need.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#9 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

I saw gameplay footage and it looks like garbage. I was thinking about picking it up before that. Dead or Alive Dimensions SMOKES it. Shame too because I have been waiting a long time for the Tekken franchise to come to a Nintendo system. Looks like I will be waiting for the Wii U release. A lot of people are saying putting the movie on the cartridge forced them to slaughter the game. Shame.

Edit: Here is a link of the highly touted 60 FPS. The backgrounds looks attrocious, the character models look last generation and it looks like entire frames of animation are missing. Maybe if it was the only fighter available on 3DS I would consider it but between DOAD and SSFIV Tekken has no shot.

Euaggelistes

I think Youtube is a really bad source of comparison when talking video quality. I would go with the reviewers in this case until I can see it by myself, but at this point, NintendoLife has given 7 out of 10 and it praises the graphics Regards

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

enrique_marrodz

I think Youtube is a really bad source of comparison when talking video quality. I would go with the reviewers in this case until I can see it by myself, but at this point, NintendoLife has given 7 out of 10 and it praises the graphics Regards

I kind of agree. It can be difficult to judge how good a game looks from Youtube videos at times, but by the same token Dead or Alive Dimensions looked GORGEOUS in the videos I saw leading up to its release. I will have to read some reviews to see what they say and am hoping that the local Gamestop puts a copy in their demo 3DS. When it was first released they were running Super Street Fighter IV on it so there is an outside chance that they might throw Tekken in there but it would have to shake out Super Mario 3D Land which is what is in there now, so maybe not.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Maybe everyone is playing Dead or Alive? :P
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elbert_b_23
http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1218640p1.html ign gave it a 7.5 and said in the closing comments Tekken 3D Prime Edition definitely gets props for recreating the fast combat and fluidity of the series on a handheld. However, the lack of any real depth in the modes and lack of customization features for your fighters makes it tough to want to spend an extended amount of time with it.
JLF1MarkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JLF1MarkII
Member since 2012 • 1416 Posts

[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]its a fighting game there is no reason for newsjasonharris48

I think it's because there isn't much to tell about this game. It looks more or less like a barebones Tekken game with a large roster.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#14 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
It contains a movie too. It's great :D
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
It contains a movie too.Spinnerweb
What.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#16 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]It contains a movie too.Rod90
What.

The 3D version of Tekken Blood Vengeance.