Why I don't play Pokemon of my DS.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintenjoe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nintenjoe3
Member since 2010 • 385 Posts

I love pokemon games. However, I only play pokemon games on gameboy. Because after generation 3, everything kinda just lost it's charm. There's just something about the new pokemon games that makes me not like them. One thing might be the pokemon themselves. I don't like that every game, Nintendo adds like 100 pokemon. I liked the origional, when there was 250. Now there's over 1000! Some aren't even that creativel. Most of the new pokemon are just animals with spots or stripes. Games like Crystal, Red, Blue, Emerald....those were great games. Now, I just don't like the newer games.

slaytersan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 slaytersan
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I can understand your frustration with the series. I too lost interest when I was about 12-13, I am 21 now. I did however pick up Heartgold, because I felt it took me back to when I loved the series most. I loved the original 151 a lot, even bordering obsession!.
MisterEditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MisterEditor
Member since 2010 • 185 Posts

Well when the series was still newer it had much more charm. I think things have gotten a bit generic lately. The earlier games were much better I agree...though it might also just be that I have lost interest in Pokemon in general since then.

iano-87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 iano-87
Member since 2010 • 685 Posts

I played through gold and got fed up. The ones made after silver and gold just didnt do it for me. That didnt stop me from replaying red, yellow and gold repeatedly for years though.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
This seems more like something for your blog than a topic. Though I guess you should be fine with Black and White, from what I hear this game only(at least for the "initial campaign") has only like 250 never before seen like the original. Perhaps that will be up your alley.
Jay_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jay_Cash
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
There's over 1000 what? :shock: And my favorite Pokemon games were Silver and Gold... I've kind of outgrew it, but I have had an urge to play the new ones, Soul silver and whatever the other one is called... Pokemon is a franchise that has definitely been overdone.
27CDruid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 27CDruid
Member since 2007 • 2769 Posts
Honestly i think Diamond/Pearl was a fantastic game. Possibly the best yet. Fans of the old games need to stop munching on those nostalgia pills. The ingame opposition (the new team) was great in the most recent game and the competitive play is getting way better. I loved Red/Blue and im loving the new games just as much.
There's over 1000 what? :shock:Jay_Cash
There's not.
gamesavers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamesavers
Member since 2006 • 591 Posts

I love pokemon games. However, I only play pokemon games on gameboy. Because after generation 3, everything kinda just lost it's charm. There's just something about the new pokemon games that makes me not like them. One thing might be the pokemon themselves. I don't like that every game, Nintendo adds like 100 pokemon. I liked the origional, when there was 250. Now there's over 1000! Some aren't even that creativel. Most of the new pokemon are just animals with spots or stripes. Games like Crystal, Red, Blue, Emerald....those were great games. Now, I just don't like the newer games.

nintenjoe3

Crazy stuff. I justed wanted to make an allmost exact same post. Btw, what do u guys think is the max age to still play pokemon?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

There are 493 pokémons, not "more than 1000"...

27CDruid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 27CDruid
Member since 2007 • 2769 Posts

Btw, what do u guys think is the max age to still play pokemon?

gamesavers
Max age? You play what you enjoy and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. If a game is of suitable quality then why add an upper age limit? Pokemon continues to be a fairly decent RPG.
Graboola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Graboola
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

In my opinion, some of the newer Pokemon have more thought and creativity put into their design.

slaytersan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slaytersan
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="27CDruid"]Honestly i think Diamond/Pearl was a fantastic game. Possibly the best yet. Fans of the old games need to stop munching on those nostalgia pills. The ingame opposition (the new team) was great in the most recent game and the competitive play is getting way better. I loved Red/Blue and im loving the new games just as much.
There's over 1000 what? :shock:Jay_Cash
There's not.

There is nothing wrong with the nostalgia pill. Nor is there anything wrong with the game mechanics. I am trying to warm to the new additions, but they will never have the same appeal to me as the originals.