why hasnt nintendo given us mario 3 yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chenzo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chenzo22
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts

super mario mario bros. 3 was suppose to arrive on the 3ds' eshop in december. we are almost in february now and i dont have my game yet. what is the deal? its their own game

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

to make money.... they put all the crap out first...so that you buy those first because you wouldn't of bought them otherwise....then years later when the install base is bigger they release th big ones to make more money.

i think..

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Yeah, this has boggled my mind as well. The Wii Shop was massive compared to the Wii U. Plus i thought the Wii U was supposed to have N64 and Gamecube games. I've always said Nintendo could live off the virtual console, if done properly.

Like the poster above, looks like Nintendo was rationing out it's good titles. Doesn't make sense to me, but oh well. If Nintendo is afraid people won't buy old games like Golf or Balloon fight, then don't even bother adding them. You'd think with Nintendo not selling as many Wii U's as expected, they'd beef up the VC to make it more attractive to the current owners, as a thank you.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#4  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

to make money.... they put all the crap out first...so that you buy those first because you wouldn't of bought them otherwise....then years later when the install base is bigger they release th big ones to make more money.

i think..

It makes sense!

It also makes the Virtual Console 90% less awesome than it should be considering Nintendo's ridiculously big and great catalog.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Pierst179 said:
@KBFloYd said:

i think..

It makes sense!

It also makes the Virtual Console 90% less awesome than it should be considering Nintendo's ridiculously big and great catalog.

I feel like Nintendo would make a lot more if they just had everything up and available. Because I'm sure a lot of people would be discouraged from even checking the VC a second time due to how small it is. If they had everything up, people can actually talk about a game and go "Oh hey let's go get it from the VC" without worrying about whether or not it's there.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Virtual console was kind of a selling point for me.

I want my Shining Force!!!

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

There's no excuse. Japan and Europe have had it for a while. They've also had ALTTP for a while and were barely getting it. Japan just got Mario Deluxe and Europe should be getting it soon. Both territories will be getting it for free also. I'd say it's just NoA being NoA....

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Weird, I thought everyone had it, since it's such a big title. I bought it as soon I saw it.. Such an awesome game. Sorry americans.. Hope you get it soon..

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Because of Reggie Fils-Aime

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

If I had to make an educated guess, it would be because Nintendo has far more pressing issues at hand right now. And they're not making any money.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

why don't they make a Nathan Drake type realism based Mario lol, imagine it "it's Mario like you've never known him before... vicious, callus, uncaring, merciless and out for vengeance.Get in his way, you DIE" I'd play that... gruff looking dude with mustache and scruffy overalls. "he was just a working man, a mechanic minding his own business when they pushed him too far" I'd like his special nunchaku wrenches, and shotgun hammer... nail machine gun.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Because it's Nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#13 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

RealJaysonGuy makes a good point. I have to wonder if all of the other stuff going on behind the scenes is causing a delay with the regularly-scheduled eShop releases and whatnot. First there was the whole deal with the projected Wii-U sales forecast not being met, and then Iwata and other big-wigs taking some pay cuts. Now Nintendo gets shares from the founding family, and they seem to be in discussions about their future plans with a unified OS platform for their next console, and they're considering mergers or acquisitions.

I'm not sure if that's an excuse for it, but perhaps somewhere along the line some guy in Redmond, WA isn't getting the OK to upload the next batch of games to the eShop yet. I could kind of see something like that happening with Nintendo.

But idk. I also wonder about Pokémon Bank. There's been hardly any announcements about progress on that front, either.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

I just want the Gamecube games, seriously!