Why Hasn't This Happened Yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

etmaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 etmaul
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts

After reading about the Playstation Now news, I wonder why Nintendo has announced something similar. Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but with such a lackluster Wii U VC line-up, do you think Nintendo's ace in the whole is a similar service to PS Now? I'm not talking about cross-play on the 3DS and the Wii, but releasing their previous systems library, which would include Gamecube titles. I feel like this could bolster sales, especially if you could play them on the gamepad.

What do you guys think?

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

That would be awesome if they gave players the chance to buy DS, GBA, NES, Super SNES, etc, on the Virtual Console. Would there be any reason for NIntendo not to do that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

The thing about VC is, it's a nice feature, but all three console manufacturers seem to have trouble keeping the libraries regularly updated. The Wii came out in 2006, it's 2014. I'm sure not every great game on every Nintendo system has been released on the VC within that time period, and now the VC service was pretty much reset with the launch of the Wii-U. Not to mention that the service can't be an accurate representation of the history of Nintendo, since many hit games were only released in Japan or other territories and never translated and released elsewhere.

If they did some sort of streaming service, maybe it would be cool, idk. If they don't have a large selection of hit games to choose from right away, people probably aren't going to put much faith into them adding all of their beloved favorites anytime soon. I'd rather VC stays like it is than go streaming, but it would just be nice if Nintendo could get all of their games on there already. If they wait too much longer, they're going to have to start worrying about providing Wii-U owners the space to download and store Gamecube and Wii games yet.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think it's biggest hurdle is that Nintendo doesn't have the infrastructure to do it

btroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By btroof
Member since 2012 • 42 Posts

@Ovirew: I agree with everything you said

The only reason a Streaming service would be good is because the lack of HD space on Wii U. Ima have to buy an external HD soon.

etmaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 etmaul
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts

@Jaysonguy: I agree with you on that one. Time to shake things up at the top. It's almost like they need to bring in some MS or Sony people and say, "hey, what's your secret and can I have some."

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@etmaul said:

@Jaysonguy: I agree with you on that one. Time to shake things up at the top. It's almost like they need to bring in some MS or Sony people and say, "hey, what's your secret and can I have some."

ps now isnt even out yet...i might be choppy or laggy...nintendo might decise its not worth it.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

nintendo doesnt need streaming they need better backward compatibility. i hate wii mode. they should have made wii game playable directly and not from wii mode. after all the cpu in wiiu is not that great because they wanted backward compatibility, they should hav done it better imo. also they should release gamecube and wii games on cirtual console and make a proper emulater that rerenders them in hd (this should be easy since the wiiu is basically a much stronger gamecube and wii tech wise).

playstation now for me seems like a bad idea, first u pay for online then u pay another subcription for ps now to rent games, not only that u stream them. sound like a bad idea. either way time will tell.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#9 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

That'd really be incredible if Nintendo did that. I know that I'd definitely have a much lighter wallet from buying games that I missed the first time around.