Why do all of you play your Wii's?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigBoi_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 BigBoi_24
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
Besides Wii Sports which was undoubtedly a decent game, why do all of you play your Wiis? Zelda wasnt very good compared to the others, and Rayman was good and funny, but very short. The whole Wii experience is short lived. But after getting bored and buying a 360 and PS3 and falling in love with them, I look back at my Wii and almost feel bad for it and want to go back to it. SO I have decided to go back to my Wii, but I have to ask why do you all play your Wiis? I think I need a little inspiration to show my Wii some love.
Hippostrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Hippostrike
Member since 2006 • 1014 Posts
Super Paper Mario
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
BecauseTP was way better than OoT, and there are several other games I enjoy playing by myself and multiplayer. I'm playing HOF mode in Madden, restarting TP, and finishing up a few loose ends in Excite Truck. Soon I will be picking up the Bigs, and Manhunt 2 so thats my reason.
blackyoshi93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blackyoshi93
Member since 2006 • 350 Posts
I have 360 and its my favourite yes but I still love my wii and get my playing time in.(PS) The PS3 is terrible and theres no way its better then a wii your just one of those people who think graphics is the most important thing in a game.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

People can't put into words whythey like golf, or whythey listen to country music, or why they buy People magazine, or why they watch soap operas, so how do you expect me to put into words why I play the Wii? It's fun!

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
Twilight Princess was better than you're giving it credit for. But right now I'm playing my Wii for Gunstar Heroes, Bonk's Revenge, Star Fox 64 and R-Type III.
BigBoi_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigBoi_24
Yea i just realized im not giving Twilight Princess enuf credit. It was a pretty good game. I just got bored of trying to find all those darn bugs and tears!!
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
Scarface is pretty fun, but of course its on other systems too. Mario Strikers is damn fun.. if you live in EU (or have a special system, wink wink) otherwise, SMP is OK, godfather is OK, NFS Carbon is OK... definately rent ot buy trauma center, its really fun... and if you want a challenge, try your hand at koroinpa marble mania, which is basic, but very difficult as the levels progress, and entertaining all through.
BigBoi_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BigBoi_24
ay manhunt 2 looks like its gonna be SWEET. Im picking that up for sure
Tuvac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tuvac
Member since 2007 • 222 Posts
TP is the best 3-D Zelda so far. As for why I play it, two words... Virtual Console. Nostalgia, ftw.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Super Paper Mario is taking mostly my time. I want to beat it at 100%. I bought Skies of Arcadia Legends. Ok, it's a GameCube game but it's one of my favorite RPG that I played and I can play it on my Wii.

I'm planning to buy many Turbografx (console that I never owned) games when they'll come.

I begin to think that maybe I'll buy Super Mario Strikers.I might play it online but nothing have been confirmed for me. Then it's Metroid Prime 3, Batalion Wars 2, Zack & Wiki, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, NiGHTS,... too many games to be counted.

I might rent a 360 for Blue Dragon. It's the only game I want to play on it since it's being developed by the team of Chrono Trigger. Gears of War bored me to hell and I really can't stand Halo or any FPS that are coming on the console.

No plans for a PS3.

ZeroDemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 ZeroDemo
Member since 2006 • 1026 Posts

Besides Wii Sports which was undoubtedly a decent game, why do all of you play your Wiis? Zelda wasnt very good compared to the others, and Rayman was good and funny, but very short. The whole Wii experience is short lived. But after getting bored and buying a 360 and PS3 and falling in love with them, I look back at my Wii and almost feel bad for it and want to go back to it. SO I have decided to go back to my Wii, but I have to ask why do you all play your Wiis? I think I need a little inspiration to show my Wii some love.BigBoi_24

I play the Wii because I support a NEW gen console. I don't need an xbox1.5 or a Ps2.5. They only have better graphics. So what? Still proper consoles, sure, but I went with the new gen instead of next gen.

I play Wii sports with my girlfriend, WarioWare with her and some friends aswell. So, multiplayer is a big thing.

I play Zelda because I love Zelda, and the first wii motion controls feel ok with it.

I'm awaiting some newer games, nobody thinks about the fact that developers need to learn about the wii before they can produce a proper game. Everybody thinks all games are going to be like Spiderman3. I will laugh at all those people at the end of this year. When the controls are polished like a pearl that just got waxed.

Cheers.

ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

ive been playingmelee and playing Pokemon Pearl in preparation for PBR next week.

im gonna be playing PBR for a week or 2

then when Prime 3 comes out ill bealll overthat like a fly on a horse

Ctown_Canaduh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ctown_Canaduh
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
The Ron Burgandy "quote" in your sig is so horribly horrible misquoted it makes me :sadface:
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

Besides Wii Sports which was undoubtedly a decent game, why do all of you play your Wiis? Zelda wasnt very good compared to the others, and Rayman was good and funny, but very short. The whole Wii experience is short lived. But after getting bored and buying a 360 and PS3 and falling in love with them, I look back at my Wii and almost feel bad for it and want to go back to it. SO I have decided to go back to my Wii, but I have to ask why do you all play your Wiis? I think I need a little inspiration to show my Wii some love.BigBoi_24

60 percent of the time, it works, EVERY time

jbeasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jbeasly
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
Sonic and the secret rings is fun and its pretty hard which will last a while until nintendo gets there first party titles and you might want to try Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 2, and super paper mario, or resident evil 4 wii edition.
Schuy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Schuy69
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Honestly my grandparents play my wii more than i do, they had it for 3 months then i took it back and they bought one... Im not a zelda fan and kiddie games make me puke so im pickin up Re4 and Manhunt asap so i can get some time in on my 250 dollar brick. Really the only time i consider playin right now is when there is no one on Live...good that there will be some gore from nintendo this time around
frassefask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frassefask
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts
why do alot of wii fans hate ps3... imean its still a good console and its fun and just because you own a ps3 oesnt mean you think graphics is the most important thing
The_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Chronicle
Member since 2005 • 852 Posts
I dont play mine. This will change when MP3 and RE4 come out though
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
Because its the coolest
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
What an utterly useless topic.
So many of these types of threads on the boards lately. Sorry, but I just think this is pointless, it's not even fun.
dominae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dominae
Member since 2003 • 938 Posts
What an utterly useless topic.
So many of these types of threads on the boards lately. Sorry, but I just think this is pointless, it's not even fun.
Conjuration
Mean, but true.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I play Sonic and the Secret Rings and right now addicted to The Godfather: Blackhand Edition.

- It uses the Wii controls VERY Well, my third fav. Wii game.

Sephiroth99000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Sephiroth99000
Member since 2004 • 443 Posts
I agree with the TP. I havent seen much reason to use my wii for months. but resident evil 4 comes out tomorrow so, that's all about to change.
heblish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 heblish
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

LOZTP was sooooo good and took up my first 2 months then i got really into wii sports(got pro on everything) then i got mario party 8 super paper mario and wario ware which are really good games for multiplayer and single and the future for the wii is loking beautiful it has strikers brawl and metroid coming out and a nba nfl wwe and tna game coming out so you are definently crazy for still playing your ps3 because it only has the insane graphiccs but seriously it has nogood games and the controler needs to make an improvmentand ill give the 360 gears of war and halo but thats really it

Avatar image for Runcola_Uzumaki
Runcola_Uzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Runcola_Uzumaki
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts
'Cause I can.
Hagfors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Hagfors
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoi_24"]Yea i just realized im not giving Twilight Princess enuf credit. It was a pretty good game. I just got bored of trying to find all those darn bugs and tears!![/QUOTE ]

well after you finish finding all of them the game gets really fun. the ability of transforming into wolf form and warping everywhere and the new dungeons. after finding the tears the game gets really interesting.

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

I am constantly looking for the new classics that I will enjoy 10 years from now. For my 360 I play Gears, Oblivion, Dead Rising, and the Tom Clancy titles. I am also patiently wating for Fable 2 and Halo 3, b/c they are going to be awesome! In all, the 360 has come out with the best games of the consoles, but in all fairness they have a year headstart.

I got my Wii a few weeks ago and am still extremely excited about it. Nintendo has proven every generation (with exception to maybe the GCN), that they can pump out quality games that are still amazing. How many PSone titles do you stil play? None, I bet. However, OoT, Mario 64, Starfox64, Goldeneye, and countless others are still being played all over the place. The Wii is going to keep offering great titles like TP, and good ones like SPM, RE:4, and Warioware. I play my Wii because every game offers an experience that video games have never offered.

Between owning the 360 and the Wii I am getting a well rounded collection of NEXT gen, and NEW gen games.

cali_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cali_skills
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
dont know wAt to tell i dont play my wii anymore its just collectin dust
camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
So far just to play all the past Gamecube games I'm finally able to play. Since it's my first Nintendo console and all. I'm really sticking to the older stuff I've never gotten to play more than the actual Wii games lol.
Ire-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ire-7
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts
scarface or madden but scarface presently
smithy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#32 smithy92
Member since 2005 • 896 Posts
Well it's fun when you have a decent game like zelda or downloaded some VC games.
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
BecauseTP was way better than OoT, and there are several other games I enjoy playing by myself and multiplayer. I'm playing HOF mode in Madden, restarting TP, and finishing up a few loose ends in Excite Truck. Soon I will be picking up the Bigs, and Manhunt 2 so thats my reason.Sepewrath
r u joking?saying tp in better then Oot is like saying zelda 2 was better then 1
joeyg1097

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 joeyg1097
Member since 2002 • 93 Posts
Trauma Centre, Excite Truck, Sonic, Red Steel, Call of Duty 3, Godfather, Scarface, Super Paper Mario, Warioware, Madden,and SSX Blur to name a few. Spiderman 3 is also pretty fun.
Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Guckyy
Member since 2007 • 1227 Posts
SPM is what I play. If you pick out some good VC games, you could really get addictided too. Right now,thats all play, but I have patience. Patience for mario strikers, SSBB, mario galaxy, and maybe MP3. At the end of this year, people will be asking "why do all of you play your 360's when you could be playing Wii?"
kazekage1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kazekage1234
Member since 2007 • 1351 Posts
cause of paper mario and soon re4:wii and maybe mp8
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts

why do alot of wii fans hate ps3... imean its still a good console and its fun and just because you own a ps3 oesnt mean you think graphics is the most important thingfrassefask

Probably because we've been constantly bashed by them (PS3 Fans) in an attempt to make them feel better about the purchase of their $600.00 grill.

MedicMike66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MedicMike66
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts
If you were bored with it then, chances are you'll be bored with it in the future. I don't know where you kids get the money for all three. I don't see any logical reason to buy a PS3 except "just cause", unless you're a FF fanboy. $600 for a few here and there exclusives...
Carlo030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Carlo030
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
For now, you've got Super Paper Mario to have an amazing story. Theres Madden to have a sweet sports game. And Warioware is just random enough to be interesting. But there are a ton of good games coming up! Super Smash Brothers Brawl will be frickin stupendous. Mario Galaxy looks pretty dang good too.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]BecauseTP was way better than OoT, and there are several other games I enjoy playing by myself and multiplayer. I'm playing HOF mode in Madden, restarting TP, and finishing up a few loose ends in Excite Truck. Soon I will be picking up the Bigs, and Manhunt 2 so thats my reason.kazekage1234
r u joking?saying tp in better then Oot is like saying zelda 2 was better then 1

Well I guess I'm guilty of sin, because TP is better than Ocarina of Time, whatever you believe is on you. Thats my opinion on the matter.

juno_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 juno_22
Member since 2004 • 1161 Posts

Yea i just realized im not giving Twilight Princess enuf credit. It was a pretty good game. I just got bored of trying to find all those darn bugs and tears!!BigBoi_24

awwww boohoooo poor baby, get over it. those parts were like 5 mins long if you know how to play video games and TP is better then any other zelda to date. if you cant get over a super easy non stressful part of a great game then you need to throw in the towel and stop gaming for the rest of us

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

BecauseTP was way better than OoT, and there are several other games I enjoy playing by myself and multiplayer. I'm playing HOF mode in Madden, restarting TP, and finishing up a few loose ends in Excite Truck. Soon I will be picking up the Bigs, and Manhunt 2 so thats my reason.Sepewrath

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAH HAAAH HAAAHAA AAHAHAH!

Seriously, what have you been smoking?

TP was ok, but defently not as great as OOT.

Mercury Meltdown looks cool.