why can't nintendo just allow manhunt 2 and just not ebdorse it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vonboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 vonboy
Member since 2007 • 171 Posts

why can't nintendo just allow the game to be developed for the wii and not promote it at all? like delete everything on the website about the game and stuff like that.

MasterSwordXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MasterSwordXXX
Member since 2007 • 943 Posts
dunno, i wish they could just change it to M
vonboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vonboy
Member since 2007 • 171 Posts
how about they also remove the seal of quality thing and say that they were in no way involved with the production of the game (aside from providing a dev kit of course)
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4 liljio14
Member since 2007 • 2193 Posts

how about they also remove the seal of quality thing and say that they were in no way involved with the production of the game (aside from providing a dev kit of course)vonboy

which systems ever done that

ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts

How would that work?

AcousticDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 AcousticDoc
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts
nintendo gets a little profit for each game sold even if it's third party. Even if they did remove endoresement, they will still be connected finacially...unless they remove the profit the get form manhunt 2. But that will never happen since it's basically giving rockstar a free game to put on their system.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
This is just as bad as that one thread where the guy asked "why don't they just not rate the game?".
hiho24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hiho24
Member since 2005 • 4052 Posts
Nintendo has a rule about AO games. They aren't going to change the rule to make Rockstar happy.
xvwvx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 xvwvx
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts
Because that's not how the system works. You can't just allow a game to be put on your system and not endorce it. Nintendo sells the license to the game maker, and is, therefore, endorcing in right then and there. It's not like Rockstar makes a game without the permission of Nintendo (or Sony in this case, as well) and just puts it on the system. They pay Nintendo for the right to make a game on their system. There's no other way around it. The game needs to get dropped to an M rating, or it's going to be an abyssmal failure. Which is a shame, because I want it.
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 liljio14
i'm still goi8ng 2 get it somehow
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
i'm still goi8ng 2 get it somehowliljio14
Unless R* manages to make it an M, or if its released on PC, theres no way you'll ever be playing this game
cubeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cubeman
Member since 2005 • 4274 Posts
Its not more of them not wanting Manhunt as it is with the fact that it got the AO rating. If Manhunt 2 got an M rating than it would be released on the Wii and PS2. However until Rockstar edits the game don't expect to see it on consoles. And any game to be released on any console is basically saying they have its backing, so they can't just skip out on endorsing it.
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 liljio14

[QUOTE="liljio14"]i'm still goi8ng 2 get it somehowhazbazz
Unless R* manages to make it an M, or if its released on PC, theres no way you'll ever be playing this game

i bet i get that game cuz i have older brothers that can get it 4 me

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="hazbazz"][QUOTE="liljio14"]i'm still goi8ng 2 get it somehowliljio14

Well see? You're part of the problem, it's cases exactly like yours that make this happen to the game industry.

If people would just follow the rules we wouldn't need to have all these things going on.

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts
they've done that with the NES where developers made games for it without their approval but they've probably made laws against that now.. but if nintendo lets them make it i'd say that that's pretty much a stamp of approval from them no matter what else they do. anyway, i don't even care cause i have no interest in this game. i think take-two is just doing all this controversial stuff on purpose for publicity. how much do you think the sales of the original GTA san andreas went up after people heard about the hot coffee thing? they probably knew this would happen. they're just counting on this to boost sales.
smarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 smarth
Member since 2004 • 48 Posts
it is NOT nintendo that has the problem with the game, it is the ratings board. they are the ones who decide what is too violent so take it up with them.
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
Allowing such a high profile game to be AO and available is begging for a lawsuit these days.
ranman1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 ranman1990
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts
obviously if a game is rated AO no one will buy it because stores wont put it on shelves , they dont sell games with AO ratings remember what happend with GTA , after they found out you can have sex in the game ! it was rated AO and stores took it off shelves.
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

how about they also remove the seal of quality thing and say that they were in no way involved with the production of the game (aside from providing a dev kit of course)vonboy
Ya they could just make it a random disk in a case that just happens to work on Wii!

Also the Wii doesn't have an option for AO ratings, only EC to M.... If it happens to be realeased on Wii then they would have to do a small update, or it just updates when you get the game.

Xerlaoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xerlaoth
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts
Same reason Sony can't. PR nightmare.
AcousticDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AcousticDoc
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts
they've done that with the NES where developers made games for it without their approval but they've probably made laws against that now.. but if nintendo lets them make it i'd say that that's pretty much a stamp of approval from them no matter what else they do. anyway, i don't even care cause i have no interest in this game. i think take-two is just doing all this controversial stuff on purpose for publicity. how much do you think the sales of the original GTA san andreas went up after people heard about the hot coffee thing? they probably knew this would happen. they're just counting on this to boost sales. japanesegoth

Those were bible games! 
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
I have a better question: why can't parents pay attention to what their kids are playing? Let the parents make their own choices with what their kids can and can't do so they us adults aren't punished. This ESRB mess is really stupid in my opinion.
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
Nintendo has a rule about AO games. They aren't going to change the rule to make Rockstar happy.hiho24
They should change the AO rule. BTW, I love your sig.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

why can't nintendo just allow the game to be developed for the wii and not promote it at all? like delete everything on the website about the game and stuff like that.

vonboy

Well with the game not being carried by retailers, and Nintendo not promoting it. It wont do much for sales, so it would be sort of pointless to release it in that manner.

rbcc1800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rbcc1800
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts

[QUOTE="hazbazz"][QUOTE="liljio14"]i'm still goi8ng 2 get it somehowliljio14

a: learn English.

b: get you're facts straight, it's not because you can't buy it, it's because practically no one will sell it. Actually no one will sell it, because neither company, sony or nintendo, will allow it on their systems anyway. So even if Rockstar released it, it wouldn't exist.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft don't want to be affiliated with Ao games, so therefore they don't allow the games on their systems.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#27 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
Well, if you are allowing the game to be released on your system you are already supporting it.
camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
dunno, i wish they could just change it to MMasterSwordXXX
Oh my god your icon is the bomb!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAA *roar laugh*....Oh man that's good.