Who's Going To Buy a 3DS.... And Zero Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MicrosoftISdumb
MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 MicrosoftISdumb
Member since 2005 • 1959 Posts

I wil be doing so!

I just don't like any of the titles out right now, but the 3DS apparently comes with a lot of different little games that can be played. That should keep me occupied for a while. I have to buy a 3DS on launch day though, for two reasons. It shows you have baller status and it proves you are a true Nintendo video game fanatic . I never miss Nintendo launches ever! But of all the launches, this is the worst game lineup I've seen. Sucky.

How about you?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I am still debating to get SSF4 or not. I am definitly getting a 3ds though. I still have pokemon white to play now and no DS.
MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MicrosoftISdumb

I am still debating to get SSF4 or not. I am definitly getting a 3ds though. I still have pokemon white to play now and no DS.AutoPilotOn
I bought a couple really cheap Nintendo DS games to play on the 3DS too. I rather get some good titles for less than $10 shipped than one title for $30-40 that will be a throw away in a few days. I wish Kid Icarus was a launch title. :(

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#4 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i already preordered 2 games and the 3ds paid em all in full , picking up asphat tomorow

man to bad the system dont come til 27th i have to skip church ugh

Potato_Monster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Potato_Monster
Member since 2006 • 475 Posts

Leaning towards it. Kind of want to get either SSFIV or Rayman 3D, but will probably end up just getting the system with no games.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

for now I'm planning on picking up Okamiden and Pokemon White, but I mean cut Okamiden for SSFIV, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Rayman or one of the racers for $30 or $20 by May

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

I almost was going to...but I have been on a huge FIGHTER kick as of late...(MvC3 and soon to be MK), so I think buying SS4 will hold up for a while. Plus I dont own the console versions so it will be all NEW to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
All launch lineups suck. I'll be picking up either Street Fighter or pilotwings. just need to decide what one
illharmonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 illharmonics
Member since 2005 • 5470 Posts
I haven't reserved any games b/c I've got Pokemon White to finish up. But, I wan't a game that can utilize the whole top screen and show off what the 3DS is capable of. With that said, I'm probably gonna snag SFIV.
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

If I was to get it launch day then I wouldn't get any games probably. Maybe SSF4.

Gonna get it in June though, so we'll see if there are any games out by then.

MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MicrosoftISdumb

I think SFIV might be the best of the worst, hehehe. Maybe I just don't get it, but fighting games get so boring to me. I think of all the video game genre's, they have the least replayability (besdies Smash Bros which is on another planet of godlyness). You fight in about 10 matches and you beat the game, congrats. Some fighting games have different endings for different characters, but the ending are so shallow they really add nothing to the game. You just end up doing the same old fights over and over again.

**rant over**

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Me too. Maaaaaaaaybe I'll get Pilotwings, but I think I'll just hang on till there are sweeter gamez. I'll have Shogun 2 and Portal 2 to play, until the real games arrive.

LetsPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LetsPlayer
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts
Debating SF4 and Samurai w/e.
Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#14 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
Me too. I'll get it just to play the second pokemon version (white for me) and then Ill be waiting patiently for something like ocarina of time to roll around.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
only thing that looks interesting so far is mega man legends 3, so i'll just stick with my ds for now (which i just bought this week :P ) @wrecked69 - whats your sig from? it looks really familiar for some reason and its driving me crazy lol
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I received Ridge Racer 3D in the mail today so not me.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Im doing the same thing. I was thinking of getting SSF4 but i decided that i wont since i already have it for consoles. I haven't owned a DS in a really long time so im just going to pick up some DS games that i have missed for cheap. That will keep me occupied until some better games drop.

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
I'm getting SSFIV + Madden. Considering a few others. I like the launch titles. And I like the future games even more.
dalscowboys22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 dalscowboys22
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

seeing as i dont have a ds me, im not buying any 3ds games, but i will be playing pokemon soulsilver and white

cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

@wrecked69 - whats your sig from? it looks really familiar for some reason and its driving me crazy lolstarwarsjunky

Its from Persona 3. Awesome game btw.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] @wrecked69 - whats your sig from? it looks really familiar for some reason and its driving me crazy lolcabose38

Its from Persona 3. Awesome game btw.

yeah, that sounds right. i've seen q bunch of screenshots and videos, but i never actually played it yet :P
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
I am still debating to get SSF4 or not. I am definitly getting a 3ds though. I still have pokemon white to play now and no DS.AutoPilotOn
I'm in the same boat, have White sitting here and no DS, think I might just stick with white and my 3ds and wait for the better titles to appear!
Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Babugee
Member since 2004 • 8388 Posts
Same for me but I have Pokemon Black.... I dislike fighting games but i REALLY want to see that Capcom logo in 3D!!!
gary3dsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gary3dsfan
Member since 2010 • 220 Posts

Whats the point getting no games for the 3ds when you buy it. So your just going to wait for good games.? By the time you do wait the value might go down on the 3ds and you will just lose money for nothing. At least get one game for it..... isn't street fighter 4 enough !!!

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you, TC. None of the launch games appeal to me so I'm gonna just play Pokemon Black until something else comes along.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#26 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]only thing that looks interesting so far is mega man legends 3, so i'll just stick with my ds for now (which i just bought this week :P ) @wrecked69 - whats your sig from? it looks really familiar for some reason and its driving me crazy lol

It's from Persona 3, originally on PS2, but there's also a portable version for PSP which is even better. One of my all time favorite games :)
gamefan606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 gamefan606
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
I preordered a 3DS a few weeks ago. I don't plan on getting any games with it though. It looks interesting to mess around with even without games though. There just seems like there are so many things you can do with the system itself.
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

I think SFIV might be the best of the worst, hehehe. Maybe I just don't get it, but fighting games get so boring to me. I think of all the video game genre's, they have the least replayability (besdies Smash Bros which is on another planet of godlyness). You fight in about 10 matches and you beat the game, congrats. Some fighting games have different endings for different characters, but the ending are so shallow they really add nothing to the game. You just end up doing the same old fights over and over again.

**rant over**

MicrosoftISdumb

lol the same as Smash Bros...you're just bias.

Already pre-order with 1 game, will get as well SF4

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

I might get nintendo cats but that's it. I'm waiting for resident evil to come out.

sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

Wasn't planning on picking up anything, but may give SFIV or Pilotwings some consideration. I never played Pilotwings or SFIV so both would be new areas for me. Plus SFIV woudl be the first fighting game that I woudl have purchased in years. I was hoping for a good actioin game to pick up, but don't know if any of the the launch titles will be worth it. Lego SWIII I have a feeling will not be good and Samurai Warriors hasn't lived up in the past that i don;t think the game will suddenly shine on the 3DS. Hopefully the reviews will prove me wrong. Only time will tell.

TigerWars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TigerWars
Member since 2011 • 427 Posts
Yeah SSIV for me but yeah I was like you and thought i'd buy one and just wait (play AR games and stuff)...but SSIV looks pretty solid and fun and haven't played since Street FIghter 2...I just hope alot of people play it so i can be occupied with online. Also...what's next to look forward too? Whens KH, MGS, OoT, and SF64...oh yeah also those RE games?
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darth-pyschosis

I really wish Monkey Ball or one of the racers had online.

Street Fighter IV maybe, I dunno. Toys R US is having a buy one, get one half off sale on 3ds games on sunday

Maybe rayman

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darth-pyschosis

Yeah SSIV for me but yeah I was like you and thought i'd buy one and just wait (play AR games and stuff)...but SSIV looks pretty solid and fun and haven't played since Street FIghter 2...I just hope alot of people play it so i can be occupied with online. Also...what's next to look forward too? Whens KH, MGS, OoT, and SF64...oh yeah also those RE games?TigerWars

KH, MGS, and RE Revelations are likely 2012

OOT is june 7th, SF64 is this year, and RE Mercs is Q3 2011

MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MicrosoftISdumb

Whats the point getting no games for the 3ds when you buy it. So your just going to wait for good games.? By the time you do wait the value might go down on the 3ds and you will just lose money for nothing. At least get one game for it..... isn't street fighter 4 enough !!!

gary3dsfan

They point of getting it now as pointed out in my first post is for the baller status. But even beyond that, the Nintendo 3DS will be EXTREMELY hard to find in stores (just look at what happened in Japan). Will the value of the 3DS go down? Heck no, I think the DS didn't go down in price until at least a year after it was out (someone can check the specifics on that) and the Wii took several years to even go down $50. Besides, the 3DS comes with some IR games and other little things like Miis. I can wait a couple months for something good to come out. I rather not waste $40 on a crappy game, that's like telling developers that you want the same old ports over and over again. Which brings me to my next rant point... how many darn ports are there for this Nintendo 3DS release?

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
me when i buy a new system i need at least one new game. i just have to do it.
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts
Just going to wait until it at least has a few games that appeal to me. The launch lineup looks pretty bland.
SnowyPaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SnowyPaws
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

As of right now I have a blue 3ds ordered, but I am not getting any games for it yet since there aren't any that have released yet that really catch my eye, Until then I just plan to play my regular ds games on my 3ds until something like Dragon Quest 3d or Final Fantasy 3d comes out.