Who's getting Animal Crossing New Leaf this weekend?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]I'll be downloading it from the eShop at midnight :D I don't like buying digital releases for games I can get at retail, but Animal Crossing seems like a good game to be able to take anywhere.moltenix

I've been debating if I should download it. I've gotten all my 3DS games as physical copies so far but AC seems like the type of game that would be really convenient in digital form.

I'm downloading mine I think. Can't wait!

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Both definitely have their pros and cons, it's just that in the case of its implementation on the 3DS, digital has more cons than it does on almost every other platform. If I could be guaranteed that my purchase would be downloadable on a replacement 3DS by logging in with my account, I'd do it. As it stands you have the same ability to lose a digital purchase like you do with a physical one, which is a bit silly. Even sillier given that Animal Crossing is the perfect game to have access to all the time regardless of what other game may be in the cartridge slot.DJ_Lae

Yeah, I've been avoiding retail DD on the 3DS for this reason, but I think I'll get AC just because it'll be good to always have it there. Good thing I'm paranoid with my stuff anyways.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"] Both definitely have their pros and cons, it's just that in the case of its implementation on the 3DS, digital has more cons than it does on almost every other platform. If I could be guaranteed that my purchase would be downloadable on a replacement 3DS by logging in with my account, I'd do it. As it stands you have the same ability to lose a digital purchase like you do with a physical one, which is a bit silly. Even sillier given that Animal Crossing is the perfect game to have access to all the time regardless of what other game may be in the cartridge slot.metroidfood

Yeah, I've been avoiding retail DD on the 3DS for this reason, but I think I'll get AC just because it'll be good to always have it there. Good thing I'm paranoid with my stuff anyways.

Fire Emblem: Awakening was my first full 3DS DD game and AC: NL will be my second. Those games just have to be close to me at all times because I'll play them constantly.

Nintendo definitely needs to pick up the pace and link these DDs to our NN IDs once and for all.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"] Both definitely have their pros and cons, it's just that in the case of its implementation on the 3DS, digital has more cons than it does on almost every other platform. If I could be guaranteed that my purchase would be downloadable on a replacement 3DS by logging in with my account, I'd do it. As it stands you have the same ability to lose a digital purchase like you do with a physical one, which is a bit silly. Even sillier given that Animal Crossing is the perfect game to have access to all the time regardless of what other game may be in the cartridge slot.Bigboi500

Fire Emblem: Awakening was my first full 3DS DD game and AC: NL will be my second. Those games just have to be close to me at all times because I'll play them constantly.

Nintendo definitely needs to pick up the pace and link these DDs to our NN IDs once and for all.

Animal Crossing New Leaf will be my 3rd; FE: Awakening was my 1st, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask was my 2nd (It got it free for registering Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and my 3DS XL on Club Nintendo before April 30th)

Nintendo is supposed to link the Downloaded Titles to our NNIDs sometime before the end of the year atleast that is what they said with the Wii U titles I'm hoping the 3DS titles get linked as well.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Perhaps it's time I gave Animal Crossing another go. The last time I tried to get into the series was with Wild World but it just didn't click.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#56 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I'll get it once it releases here and I plan on getting a physical copy so my library grows haha. Also so that me and my sis can share.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Getting it on eshop at midnight. Have the funds waiting now.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#58 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

Hey guys; 3DS owner here looking for some info on Animal Crossing. I've never played the franchise before, but reading some reviews and learning of its simple, charming and presumably fun gameplay has intriguied me in potentially buying the game.

Where exactly does the adictveness, charm and or fun come from exactly from this game? I get the sense that is has some elements of an RTS or some other empire building simulation, but I can't really surmise exactly.

Gaming lately has been stressful, I often spend my days playing Smite (new MOBA coming out), and come close to popping nerves as the frustration of playing it, I am really looking for something to relax and invigorate gaming for me, not sure if I could get into this game though, but the reviews seem to indicate that it is great.

anyone have any feedback on the franchise>?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#59 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
So can someone tell me why the game is worth it? I've only really played City Folk but I hear that one is bad.Haziqonfire
The game really works much better on handhelds. City Folk brought back Holiday events which was missing in Wild World, but it was mostly the same minus the mobility of the game.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
I'll pass, I heard good things about the game, but I don't think it's for me...
Avatar image for longtimelurker0
longtimelurker0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 longtimelurker0
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

I'm getting it, never tried it before, but looks like something I would like. I liked the sim games on computer, so am I destined to like this game as well? I hope so, but anyway it does look like a lot of fun, cant wait to pick it up!!

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
Getting up tomorrow morning to go out and pick up a copy of the game as well as a guide, eeeeee!!! :D :D :D :D

I'm getting it, never tried it before, but looks like something I would like. I liked the sim games on computer, so am I destined to like this game as well? I hope so, but anyway it does look like a lot of fun, cant wait to pick it up!!

longtimelurker0
Yeah it's kinda similar to the Sims in a way, although I know people who've liked one but not the other.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#63 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]So can someone tell me why the game is worth it? I've only really played City Folk but I hear that one is bad.Minishdriveby
The game really works much better on handhelds. City Folk brought back Holiday events which was missing in Wild World, but it was mostly the same minus the mobility of the game.

Thanks. After reading up on the game a bit more I decided to take the plunge.

JBrOfKw.jpg

My first digital download of a full retail game :P.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]So can someone tell me why the game is worth it? I've only really played City Folk but I hear that one is bad.Haziqonfire

Thanks. After reading up on the game a bit more I decided to take the plung. 

JBrOfKw.jpg

My first digital download of a full retail game :P.

Awesome Haz. I hope you find it more enjoyable. Most of the time I just run around collecting Fish and bugs for the museum. I'll be getting a physical copy tomorrow. Apparently, K-Mart has them for $29.99.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Looks like i'm getting the digital version.

My first 3DS downloaded retail game! Apparently, it'll be available at 12am EST so that means I might be able to get it at 10pm tonight in my time zone. :)

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Hey guys; 3DS owner here looking for some info on Animal Crossing. I've never played the franchise before, but reading some reviews and learning of its simple, charming and presumably fun gameplay has intriguied me in potentially buying the game.

Where exactly does the adictveness, charm and or fun come from exactly from this game? I get the sense that is has some elements of an RTS or some other empire building simulation, but I can't really surmise exactly.

Gaming lately has been stressful, I often spend my days playing Smite (new MOBA coming out), and come close to popping nerves as the frustration of playing it, I am really looking for something to relax and invigorate gaming for me, not sure if I could get into this game though, but the reviews seem to indicate that it is great.

anyone have any feedback on the franchise>?

Dead-Memories

It's not really any sort of strategy or empire game, it's more like the Sims, except instead of taking care of your person you play as them and you're more focused on collecting things and customizing your house/town/character. You can also chat with the other villagers of your town and make them happy as well, and there's a ton of events and other special things that appear occasionally.

So yeah, if you like collecting stuff, customization, and just milling about with NPCs then it's the perfect game to relax to.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 haziqonfire

Awesome Haz. I hope you find it more enjoyable. Most of the time I just run around collecting Fish and bugs for the museum. I'll be getting a physical copy tomorrow. Apparently, K-Mart has them for $29.99.Minishdriveby

Thanks. It sounds pretty cool actually, to just go in and explore.

I looked for some physical copy deals here too but nothing worth wild :(.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]Awesome Haz. I hope you find it more enjoyable. Most of the time I just run around collecting Fish and bugs for the museum. I'll be getting a physical copy tomorrow. Apparently, K-Mart has them for $29.99.Haziqonfire

YAY! We can visit each other's towns!

RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 RoniHot
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts
omg, meeeeeee. I've had the GameCube version, DS version, and Wii version. I pre-orderd it and I will be picking it up FIRST THING tomorrow morning! I flipping love Animal Crossing! I was tempted to download from the eShop, but I feel much safer owning a hard copy.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]Awesome Haz. I hope you find it more enjoyable. Most of the time I just run around collecting Fish and bugs for the museum. I'll be getting a physical copy tomorrow. Apparently, K-Mart has them for $29.99.Jaysonguy

YAY! We can visit each other's towns!

Don't destroy my plants!
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 haziqonfire

CF9n8aS.png

Download faster >.<

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 moltenix

My download has completed!

How on earth am I gonna sleep tonight? :P

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Downloading mine. :) I thought that I would have to wait till midnight PST since I live on the west coast, but it's already up here as well :)
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 haziqonfire

I named my town YOLO, because YOLO.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 moltenix

I love that i've got the game already but... everyone's closed for the day! :cry:

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 haziqonfire

I love that i've got the game already but... everyone's closed for the day! :cry:

moltenix
Yeah, that's a problem lol.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AutoPilotOn
I am downloading it now.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 haziqonfire

BMU5ALtCAAIbYh6.jpg:large

Finally!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#79 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Finally got my down payment secured on the house. I sold a ton of bugs haha. And I have a swollen eye right now because I can't find any medicine :lol:

I'm hoping the fishing lure becomes available soon. I want to catch a coelacanth!!!!

Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#80 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
I'm downloading it as I type! Any tips for new players? This is my first AC :D
RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 RoniHot
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts
My local GameStop doesn't open until noon!!! I'm DYING!!!
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Minishdriveby
Soooo... apparently they are tearing down the K-Mart in town; however, I still managed to get my copy for $29.99 at Best Buy through Price Matching.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 haziqonfire
Soooo... apparently they are tearing down the K-Mart in town; however, I still managed to get my copy for $29.99 at Best Buy through Price Matching.Minishdriveby
Awesome. I don't know if I have you on my 3DS or not already, I think I do. If not you should add me!
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Soooo... apparently they are tearing down the K-Mart in town; however, I still managed to get my copy for $29.99 at Best Buy through Price Matching.Minishdriveby
Where did you price match it too?
peruwolf93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 peruwolf93
Member since 2010 • 110 Posts

This was also my first purchase on the eShop, just couldn't resist.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]Soooo... apparently they are tearing down the K-Mart in town; however, I still managed to get my copy for $29.99 at Best Buy through Price Matching.YoshiYogurt

I said it was $29.99 at K-Mart and showed them a picture of an ad posted on CAG. They said "Okay".

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]Soooo... apparently they are tearing down the K-Mart in town; however, I still managed to get my copy for $29.99 at Best Buy through Price Matching.Haziqonfire
Awesome. I don't know if I have you on my 3DS or not already, I think I do. If not you should add me!

What's your friend code Haz? I'll totally add you. I'm trying to visit someone's town.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#88 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I have no idea what my friend code is, but I'll try to add it soon. Not much to do in my town right now. Still waiting for my house and fishing pole. Once I get the house I'll obviously start decorating.

Friend code: 1461-6213-9792

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Anyone had any negative first impressions?

Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#90 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts

I'm getting my house too :D

Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Hakumen21
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts

Anyone had any negative first impressions?

Optical_Order
for Wild World, i did b/c getting bells was much slower and it is definitely inferior to new Leaf. Just play New Leaf knowing there is no rush, and relax and there you go. :)
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

Just picked it up and having a blast with it.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]Soooo... apparently they are tearing down the K-Mart in town; however, I still managed to get my copy for $29.99 at Best Buy through Price Matching.Minishdriveby

I said it was $29.99 at K-Mart and showed them a picture of an ad posted on CAG. They said "Okay".

K-mart, Gamestop, and best buy all sold out and I forget to pre order of course.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

ac2.png

ac1.png

I love designing clothes! A little disappointed that there aren't more options though... no pants!? 

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 AutoPilotOn
If anyones adds me just msg me to let me know.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#96 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Can you have more than one player in the game like the previous games? Like have 2 character saves on one game? I can't seem to find any information on that unless I'm using the internet wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found out you can but you're just a regular resident.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Minishdriveby
I caught three sharks in about an hour last night.... amazing!
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] Where did you price match it too?YoshiYogurt

K-mart, Gamestop, and best buy all sold out and I forget to pre order of course.

Target? Wal-Mart? Toys R Us?
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#99 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
You can hold a gun to my head and tell me to get it, I'll say shoot away I'm not playing.
Avatar image for wilber_robinson
wilber_robinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 wilber_robinson
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
was gonna get the combo pak. but other things came up. :(