Who needs teh stupid sensor bar!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Loco4siempre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Loco4siempre
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts
Hey guys, check this out: I was browsing some Wii vids at YouTube, and I found something SO weird: you can actually play the Wii without the sensor bar!! All you need to do is this: 1) Place 2 candles at the place where you would put your sensor bar, with a distance of 15 cm. between them, and then lit them up.2) ... (There isn´t any number 2) Actually, this trick it´s pretty well known, but I want someone to explain me how this works, ´cause I have no idea!! BTW, here is the vid , in case you don´t belive me
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
:o Are u serious ?!
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
It's old but still cool, it's because all the sensor bar has is two leds and the candles are atcing like the leds thus making it act like the sensor bar.
gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gamer0100
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
Old but yeah all u need is to things that emit a specific light.
cam2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cam2009
Member since 2005 • 1397 Posts
yeah, the only reason the sensor bar plugs into the wii is for power. it doesn't actually send information to the computer, like say, a mouse does when it's connect to your computer. all is is two lights. i don't know a whole lot about how it works, but you could use the LEDs in remote controls, candles, etc. but unless you have a projector and need the sensor far away from the wii, it's a lot more convienent to just use the bar.
Kakua_Omari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kakua_Omari
Member since 2005 • 939 Posts
It is cool, but I imagine it'll get expensive lighting a candle every time you play and then replacing it once it burns out, cheaper to just pay for the tiny amount of electricity the sensor bar uses rather than go through a ton of candles. Cool, but useless.
EndlessGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 EndlessGame
Member since 2006 • 912 Posts
Yeah, it's because all the sensor bar does is emit beams of infrared light.   The same type of light is also emitted by fire, and anything else that emits heat.   That's why you get control anomalies with a powerful light behind your TV while playing the Wii.   I've heard it before, but this is still cool. :D
Babugee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Babugee
Member since 2004 • 8388 Posts
do the safer way and use flash lights.. or the sensor bar... or cheese sticks
Loco4siempre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Loco4siempre
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts

It is cool, but I imagine it'll get expensive lighting a candle every time you play and then replacing it once it burns out, cheaper to just pay for the tiny amount of electricity the sensor bar uses rather than go through a ton of candles. Cool, but useless.Kakua_Omari

Actually, I put the candle things like an example. There are other things (more effecient and little more complex) that you can use instead.

angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
Please don't start these topics back up. Back when people first saw these videos being released all of a sudden everybody hated the sensor bar. I mean come on it comes with the system and only cost $10 to replace if you break it. What sane person would sit candles next to their TV while they play Wii. These topics are like saying "WHO NEED CUPS THE TOILET BOWL WORKS FOR DRINKING TOO"
Avatar image for Eternal_Phoenix
Eternal_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Eternal_Phoenix
Member since 2003 • 9227 Posts

Sensor bar vs burning down the house, which to choose?

Maybe in a couple of month, Nintendo (or someone else) will figure how to play with out the bar, although I don't mind it at all.