Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Papermario
Member since 2016 • 245 Posts

that game was pretty awesome....

i didnt even know they had a number 2....

i heard it wasn't that good though....

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

The sequel was alright, it just released into a more flooded market for FPS and didn't have that impressive impact the first game did.

But yes, I remember Perfect Dark. N64 original is still good but better played on 360/X1 for the updated controls.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Papermario

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

The sequel was alright, it just released into a more flooded market for FPS and didn't have that impressive impact the first game did.

But yes, I remember Perfect Dark. N64 original is still good but better played on 360/X1 for the updated controls.

the first one reminded of 007 but its own little touches

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

That was a great game. And the fact you could add bots (before they were even called bots) to a match was a big deal at the time.

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Papermario

@judaspete said:

That was a great game. And the fact you could add bots (before they were even called bots) to a match was a big deal at the time.

ooooo yeah !! i forgot about that lol !!! havent played it in years

thewizzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 thewizzer
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I remember the original Perfect Dark game for the Nintendo 64. My nephews had the game and the stupid rumble pack was required for that game which was annoying.

Plus the graphics were pretty horrible and back then I i didnt understand the game and how to start it. It was a poor mans version of Goldeneye which was the problem at the time back then

Papermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Papermario

@thewizzer said:

I remember the original Perfect Dark game for the Nintendo 64. My nephews had the game and the stupid rumble pack was required for that game which was annoying.

Plus the graphics were pretty horrible and back then I i didnt understand the game and how to start it. It was a poor mans version of Goldeneye which was the problem at the time back then

such a hater lol....

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4209 Posts

It’s a cool looking game I missed out on in 2000. Did play goldeneye 007 in 1998 though. Wow......seems a far away time to ponder.

At any rate, Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark both look like great games. The 2nd game was mediocre at best on the 360 though (as I heard).

Wish we could get an N64 classic with these two games in particular.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I was more into Golden Eye and Turok 2 than Perfect Dark. At some point I got tired of the N64 library and got the PS which offered a lot more genre's and CDrom was pretty tough to beat for storage.

xwingz900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xwingz900
Member since 2018 • 27 Posts

**** yeah I remember Perfect Dark, it's a lot better than most modern shooters.

thewizzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thewizzer
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I never bothered trying to play Perfect Dark back then. Because of the damn rumble pack nonsense

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Of course. One of about 3 games I've ever put in over 2000+ hours. Just so much customization to be had in multiplayer playing with bots. Being able to control their positions, mannerism, characteristics, etc. along with the vast majority of weapons and levels to choose from? Actually being able to use bots in single player Co-Op to assist you? Yep, I had plenty of fun trying out many scenarios...

...Are people confusing the Expansion Pak with the rumble pak? Pretty sure you can play without the rumble whereas the Expansion Pak was definitely a requirement which I do believe is a fair complaint. Majora Mask was the first game I found out the hard way that certain games can't be played without one...

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@thewizzer said:

Rumble pak was not required, but the memory expansion was... the game is easy to start.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I still have my original Perfect Dark N64 cart, And Xbox 360 Perfect Dark Zero Disc. So I can remember this series.