Who Else Here Is Not Excited About SSBB?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Nick11478
Member since 2006 • 1628 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I will probably buy it. But there are people on this board that will not stop preachingabout the damned thing. I just don't think people should look at it like it's the best thing since sliced bread. Is anyone sort of getting annoyed to the people that are begging for updates, and stuff like that?
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
Its far down on the list of games to get this year, but I still want it.
supperbig92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 supperbig92
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts
hahah yeah i hear you. idk its a good game and all. but im not pooping my pants over it either. yeah idk i dont find it anoying. no affense to the people out there really excited about it and probably have it marked on their callender. but yeah i agree im not that excited or beggin for updates for this game. it doenst seem too, revolutionary, i want something new.
Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts
Super Smash Brothers Melee was a huge sucess on the GCN and it looks like SSBB will live up to it and more, so you can hardly blame everyone for being a little excited.
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Nick11478
Member since 2006 • 1628 Posts

Super Smash Brothers Melee was a huge sucess on the GCN and it looks like SSBB will live up to it and more, so you can hardly blame everyone for being a little excited.Toribor

A LITTLE EXCITED?!?!?!. The reason why I made this thread was to show you that it is not the best thing since sliced bread. People are squeezing ever drop out of this game with their "WE WANT UPDATES" and "WHEN IS THIS GAME COMING OUT BECUASE I WONT BREATHE WITHOUT IT".

CreepyNerd90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CreepyNerd90
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts

[QUOTE="Toribor"]Super Smash Brothers Melee was a huge sucess on the GCN and it looks like SSBB will live up to it and more, so you can hardly blame everyone for being a little excited.Nick11478

A LITTLE EXCITED?!?!?!. The reason why I made this thread was to show you that it is not the best thing since sliced bread. People are squeezing ever drop out of this game with their "WE WANT UPDATES" and "WHEN IS THIS GAME COMING OUT BECUASE I WONT BREATHE WITHOUT IT".

Well look who's excited now o.O
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
Well I'm exited for the game, but I agree people are talking too much about the game. Honestly I don't think it's the best game coming out this year. Metroid and Galaxy have it beat easily IMO.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

[QUOTE="Toribor"]Super Smash Brothers Melee was a huge sucess on the GCN and it looks like SSBB will live up to it and more, so you can hardly blame everyone for being a little excited.Nick11478

lol... :lol: we're just pumped up on Brawl juice
DARKJAKE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 DARKJAKE13
Member since 2005 • 131 Posts
I am excited as well for the game, but I too am getting tired of the whole " We want this character in Brawland this character in Brawl" crap. I have heard some extremely stupid suggestions for characters and it never stops. I just hope Brawl will be awesome game.
liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 liljio14
Member since 2007 • 2193 Posts

i want 2 know who said that lmfao

Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Guckyy
Member since 2007 • 1227 Posts
Of course we are going to be excited. It is many people's favorite game, Nintindo's best 4 player game, some people call it the best fighting game ever. Not to mention thatjust about everybodywho had a gamecube has been anticipating this game for years.Added to that, we get daily updates. We can't talk about any other game, because we hardly get any info on anything else. With the daily updates, there is something new to talk about everyday. (Although there are a lot of the same threads out there) I think those are plenty good enough reasons for us to be talking bout it this much.
Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts

I think people mostly want to know is if it will have Wi Fi.

If they announce no Wi Fi I think the buzz will die down.

Serpent_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serpent_01
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts
was my favorite GC game, So iam too hyped for it,
lulu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lulu52
Member since 2005 • 1173 Posts

Don't get me wrong. I will probably buy it. But there are people on this board that will not stop preachingabout the damned thing. I just don't think people should look at it like it's the best thing since sliced bread. Is anyone sort of getting annoyed to the people that are begging for updates, and stuff like that?Nick11478

WHAT!?!?! But it is the best thing since sliced bread! Even better in fact!

walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts
i might get it, eventually, but i most likley wont be getting it the days come out, i dont really care for this series, but who knows, this game could be alot of fun for me.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11996 Posts
I never cared about any of them and I will not be buying the new one.
Chickenforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chickenforce
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts
Lulu is right, it is the best thing since sliced bread!! I absolutely can't wait for this game in my opinion it will beat MP3 and maybe SMG. But thats just my opinion. And Gatsbythepig, how could you say something so cruel! It breaks my heart.
atomicd_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 atomicd_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I am super excited but im not letting EVERYONE know by saying crap and stuff.

swashbux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 swashbux
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts

Actually, SSBB IS the best thing since sliced bread.

Edit, I made that post before reading any more, Lulu is right

KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts
I agree 100% with your post. I still will buy it, but people are taking it a little too far.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I agree. Melee is one of the most overrated games of all time. It's fun but such a shallow fighter. If I want a great fighter I'll play Virtua Fighter.
EaglesPhan89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EaglesPhan89
Member since 2006 • 1549 Posts
Mariokart: Double Dash!! and Super Smash Bros. Melee are the two gamecube games that all of my friends love to play. Even my non-gamer friends are excited for Brawl just because the concept is so much fun and its mainly an upgrade on everything they love! I can't wait!
JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts
not as excited as i should be. im more hyped for SMG and GH3
jsrock_on54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jsrock_on54
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts
i will most likely buy it when it comes out, but these games dont seem THAT great. its just a beatemup fighing game with Nintendo charactors
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
Im not really excited bought games that come out. Some excited people like to stay up all night just to wait and see the Website get updated.
Avatar image for twosaxy4myshirt
twosaxy4myshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 twosaxy4myshirt
Member since 2007 • 1089 Posts

My normal day: 
5:30 a.m.  Wake up.  Thank God for SSB.  Check for SSBB updates.  Get ready for work.
6:00 a.m.  Leave for work.  Check podcasts to see if there are SSBB updates.
6:30 a.m.  Arrive at work.  Check for SSBB updates.
7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  Work with periodic breaks to check for SSBB updates.
5:00 p.m.  Sit in traffic during rush hour, wondering if SSBB will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
6:00 p.m.  Arrive at home.  Check for SSBB updates.
6:30 p.m.  Thank God for food and SSB.  Eat.
7:00 p.m.  Log on and tell everyone who I want to see in SSBB complete with movesets and special abilities.
7:30 p.m.  Repeatedly post about how excited I am complete with CAPS LOCK, tYPos, and !!!!!1 at the end of each sentence.
9:30 p.m.  Get ready for bed.  Thank God for SSB.  Go to sleep dreaming about SSBB.

11:19 p.m.  Slap anyone who thinks I'm serious.

I am a BIG fan of the Smash Bros. games.  I consider the experience to be the most fun and unpredictable multiplayer gameplay (with Bomberman and Mario Kart tied for second).  However, I understand where you are coming from.  I feel like people who have sold their souls to a game that's half a year away are a bit, well, lame.  I say grow up, get a life, and wait for the game as if you never knew it was coming out.  
meedak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 meedak
Member since 2003 • 177 Posts

I agree. Melee is one of the most overrated games of all time. It's fun but such a shallow fighter. If I want a great fighter I'll play Virtua Fighter.Rocky32189

Anyone who thinks SSBM is a shallow fighter isn't good enough at it. It's totally unique in the way that there no combos you can memorize, all you can utilize are combinations you yourself come up with, which makes two people even using the same character able to play completely differently.

Personally, I cannot wait for this game. Honestly, every update I see just makes me more excited.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
I want it, but I will not go across the country or something to buy it. It's just a game after all
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2097 Posts

I never cared about any of them and I will not be buying the new one.gatsbythepig

Finally someone who agrees with me. I may be biased but I never liked fighting games to begin with. Just some intense button mashing and its over in a few minutes. It boggles my mind on how much people are hyping this silly game. Sure I've played the others before with friends and relatives but they did absolutely nothing for me. Its pathetic on how theres countless threads started on how "Will this character be in it" or "How will multiplayer work?". The list goes on and on.The most annoying part is how people preach about how great this game will be like they're part of an elitist cult and it makes me dislike it even more. This is one I will definitely NOT be buying.:?

brettneo3012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 brettneo3012
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts
I'll buy it.. But I'm not overly excited for it... Yes, I go on the Smash Website ever so randomly to see updates, but until I see something dramatic happen to Smash Bros, I won't rant on about it.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
I'm not excited about it at all. That might be b/c I never played SSBM on the GC, though. I'll probably still get Brawl if the reviews are great, but I'm not excited about it.