where's all the games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sum_guy09
Member since 2011 • 668 Posts

i'm just wondering why the list of Wii U games is so sad.. its not helping ppl get psyched for it. i would like to see: Dark Souls, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, Ocarina of Time HD and other Nintendo exclusives in HD just to name a few.. something to tie us over til the new stuff comes out

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

What the hay are you talking about? Wii U has a great lineup.

Assassin's Creed 3

Arkham City

Bayonetta 2

Black Ops2

Darksiders2

Dragon Quest X

Epic Mickey 2

Mass Effect 3

Monster Hunter 3

New Super Mario Bros U

Pikmin 3

Rayman Legends

The Wonderful 101

Zombi U

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
It gets like this every time a new system releases... "Where are the games at?" People just like to ignore the launch line ups, no matter how good they may or may not be.
demon-zer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 demon-zer0
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

What the hay are you talking about? Wii U has a great lineup.

meetroid8

You forgot about Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Egde :P

In my opinion this and Bayonetta 2 makes me kinda want to buy Wii U... But honestly, I'd like to see some new Zelda or Metroid (from Retro), would be about time.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#5 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

where in the clouds is your head because the wii u has

assasins creed 3

batman ac complete

bayonetta 2

nsmb u

nintendo land

zombie u

cod bo2

007 legends-window

rayman legends-moved to launch window

rabbits 3

pikmin 3

trine 2hd

darksiders 2

alein colonial

monster hunter hd

and many other different games ,

smaller games include-family game 30 great games 4 , wheel of fourtune and jeopardy ,

euro96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 euro96
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts

Not sure what people expect from a launch line-up. You need to think about it, people can generally only afford to buy a couple of extra games when they buy a new console. There is little point having a long list of tripple A titles only for people to have to choose between them. I'm pretty confident out of the list of launch games, the majority of people could pick 3 games they want.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I think it's got some great upcoming games. Not a whole lot to choose from on launch day but between now and March there's a lot of great titles coming out.
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

on the way

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

There are actually a great amount of titles for a wide variety of people.

You can't expect everything at launch. And I say that even though the Wii U currently lacks anything of interest for me.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i'm just wondering why the list of Wii U games is so sad.. its not helping ppl get psyched for it. i would like to see: Dark Souls, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, Ocarina of Time HD and other Nintendo exclusives in HD just to name a few.. something to tie us over til the new stuff comes out

sum_guy09

dark souls? lol...soul calibur? lol....ocarina of time? again... dead or alive? meh

seems your tatste in games is niche my friend. niche games don't come out on a system until later..

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Hell, i am just fine with ZombiU and New Super Mario U and even the pack in game Nintendo Land. ( and a little COD:BO2 and Tekken Tag U for good measure ), these will hold me over till Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 all before March. I dont expect to see Bayonetta 2 till summer at the earliest. After that....who knows..........

Just what games are you looking for anyway? Seems like too many already

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Hell, i am just fine with ZombiU and New Super Mario U and even the pack in game Nintendo Land. ( and a little COD:BO2 and Tekken Tag U for good measure ), these will hold me over till Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 all before March. I dont expect to see Bayonetta 2 till summer at the earliest. After that....who knows..........

Just what games are you looking for anyway? Seems like too many already

Videodogg

I'm with this guy

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I think there are plenty of games for a launch. Most of the time when a new console launches its a struggle to try and pick the best game at first (or even the first 3 months or so) But with the WiiU I dont think thats a problem.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
the wiiu has one of the best launch lineups in console history, if not the best period
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

I don't know what the TC is on about, this is honestly a fantastic launch line up. One of the few console launches in history which compels me to own the system day-1.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

sum_guy09
We just got a Ocarina of Time remake. Way to encourage Nintendo to do the very thing they will be hated for... besides...upscaling games into HD doesn't really make much of a difference. Anyway, have you never experienced a console launch? They usually don't have that many games at first.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Another Ocarina remake?

No thanks.

And people say they don't want rehashes...

sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sum_guy09

i can't help it that none of my personal favorites will be out for launch, or are even on the upcoming list for that matter...asides from zelda & smash bros which won't be out forever it seems like. im just wondering where all the big sellers are at & why so few games have been planned or announced yet. im more of a casual player & there's very few games that i'm willing to invest my time or money into.

i was at least hoping for more variety...online in particular. for instance, not everybody plays Tekken...there's only 1 fighting game to choose from, when i was hoping there would be something else, but no other fighters have even been announced yet. & as for shooters.. it's hard to get excited for another COD game. i bought & played MWF3 literally 1-2 times, because it was that boring & disappointing. those games in general are repetetive & not very competitive. then i was let down once again when i found out ZombieU has no online multiplayer whatsoever. im not even sure what games im getting anymore.. probably a couple of the 1s i mentioned simply because thats all there is.. but i know i wouldn't be if there was others to choose from, & there's a good chance i might not be playing them very much. right now im more excited for the Wii console itself than any of the games.. at least until there's more exclusives or games that i know i like & will have good replay value (online).. unless its a nintendo classic like zelda, but im hoping star fox will be online.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i can't help it that none of my personal favorites will be out for launch, or are even on the upcoming list for that matter...asides from zelda & smash bros which won't be out forever it seems like. im just wondering where all the big sellers are at & why so few games have been planned or announced yet. im more of a casual player & there's very few games that i'm willing to invest my time or money into.

i was at least hoping for more variety...online in particular. for instance, not everybody plays Tekken...there's only 1 fighting game to choose from, when i was hoping there would be something else, but no other fighters have even been announced yet. & as for shooters.. it's hard to get excited for another COD game. i bought & played MWF3 literally 1-2 times, because it was that boring & disappointing. those games in general are repetetive & not very competitive. then i was let down once again when i found out ZombieU has no online multiplayer whatsoever. im not even sure what games im getting anymore.. probably a couple of the 1s i mentioned simply because thats all there is.. but i know i wouldn't be if there was others to choose from, & there's a good chance i might not be playing them very much. right now im more excited for the Wii console itself than any of the games.. at least until there's more exclusives or games that i know i like & will have good replay value (online).. unless its a nintendo classic like zelda, but im hoping star fox will be online.

sum_guy09

you're wierd.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I don't blame you for not being interested in the launch lineup (though it has some seemingly great titles), but to say it has a poor launch or no games is simply wrong. I think it has a great lineup, it just doesn't have a Zelda, metroid, 3D mario, or new IP from nintendo that makes me go wow, so I am a bit cautious for now.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Are you blind?

It has a bunchload of games...

sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sum_guy09

it has a good launch lineup, yes.. i can't deny that, i just didn't see anything that made me go "Hell yea!".. or anything that i'm a personal fan of. there could have been at least 1 more fighter (mortal kombat, dead or alive, soul calibur, etc.. but there isn't so much as an announcment for any of those games which was surprising to me. i also think dark souls atorias of the abyss would've been really cool on it.. PS3 & Japan only got it recently, & there's alot of big fans of the series. if that happened i probably wouldn't even touch my PS3 again until the PS4 came out.

right now the games im thinking about getting are Black Ops, ZombieU, Trine 2 directors cut, & Tekken. i just hope i don't only play them 1 time. Aliens would've been nice.. Ghost Recon would've been nice.. but as far as i know they're still TBA. oh well.. i probably shouldn't even be getting the WiiU til more games come out but i don't have any self control. i just wanna see that sexy black box sitting next to my playstation

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#24 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

sum_guy09

Why the hell would you want yet another rerelease of Ocarina of Time when the 3DS one was released last year? Why not another new Zelda or remake of a different Zelda?

sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sum_guy09

[QUOTE="sum_guy09"]

turtlethetaffer

Why the hell would you want yet another rerelease of Ocarina of Time when the 3DS one was released last year? Why not another new Zelda or remake of a different Zelda?

because i didn't play it much on the 3DS, & id rather play it in HD on the big screen.. & because i might be dead by the time a remake of zelda gets released.. but of course i'd prefer an entirely new game, as well as star fox, smash bros, mario 3D, metroid, mario kart etc... it was my biggest motivation for getting a Wii U. i also think Wii U should've got castlevania lord of shadows 2.. it belongs on there instead of PC, but an exclusive would be even better. i also hope it gets GTA5
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
I think you were looking for the PS Vita forums. They are that way ---->
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#27 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="sum_guy09"]

sum_guy09

because i didn't play it much on the 3DS, & id rather play it in HD on the big screen.. & because i might be dead by the time a remake of zelda gets released.. but of course i'd prefer an entirely new game, as well as star fox, smash bros, mario 3D, metroid, mario kart etc... it was my biggest motivation for getting a Wii U. i also think Wii U should've got castlevania lord of shadows 2.. it belongs on there instead of PC, but an exclusive would be even better. i also hope it gets GTA5

I'd love for there to be a brand new Star Fox game on WiiU, preferrably one that is in the vein of SF64. That is, no weird gimmicks (on foot sections), just pure, un hindered on rails shooting with lots of replay value.

sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sum_guy09

I think you were looking for the PS Vita forums. They are that way ---->nini200

seeing as how i named mostly nintendo games that makes alot of sense...

sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sum_guy09

[QUOTE="sum_guy09"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

turtlethetaffer

I'd love for there to be a brand new Star Fox game on WiiU, preferrably one that is in the vein of SF64. That is, no weird gimmicks (on foot sections), just pure, un hindered on rails shooting with lots of replay value.

yup.. u & me think alike. im all about the N64 style games & i hope there's more like those to come, just pushing the Wii U to its limits in terms of graphics.. bigger maps & of course replay value. i think online would work well with star fox but it should just be there as an option like deathmatch/coop
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
I've held off getting Assassins creed 3 so I can pick it up on the wii u and I'll pick up zombie u as well, might even get black ops 2 on it.. The launch line up looks awesome to me, and I'm a PC/ps3 gamer who thought the wii was beyond average, but the wii u looks great! Like Nintendo is trying again.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#31 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts
Be patient for the games you want. It happens when a next gen console is launched.