Where is Wind Waker 2?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sykoh
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts

How come Nintendo hasn't even announced a Wind Waker 2 yet? IMO, LoZ: Wind Waker is the best Zelda game (besides Ocarina of Time) ever made. Does anyone know if Nintendo is even planning on making another Wind Waker cause it's been a long time since I've enjoyed a GOOD Zelda game. Twilight Princess was a huge disappointment for me btw.

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
I believe the game you are looking for is called phantom Hourglass. The direct sequel to wind waker.
Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sykoh

I believe the game you are looking for is called phantom Hourglass. The direct sequel to wind waker.Popadophalis

I could care less about the DS. I want a TRUE sequal to Wind Waker.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts
lol good response. the wind waker series went to the DS which was a good move by Nintendo. And they should continue the ww series on the DS will the Ocarina series stay on the console.
cougar65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cougar65
Member since 2003 • 1035 Posts

[QUOTE="Popadophalis"]I believe the game you are looking for is called phantom Hourglass. The direct sequel to wind waker.Sykoh

There already is a TRUE sequel (note the spelling) to wind waker. Its called Phantom Hourglass. It is a TRUE sequel as it takes place directly after the events of wind waker. It doesn't matter what you want, this is what you got. And don't insult the game just cuz its on the DS. It's a really good game.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

[QUOTE="Popadophalis"]I believe the game you are looking for is called phantom Hourglass. The direct sequel to wind waker.Sykoh

Don't knock it before you try it. It is an excellent game that whether you like it or not is the direct sequel to wind waker. So if you want to play the sequel you have to get it for the ds.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Well at first I was inspired by your passion for more sequels to what I consider a game that is possibly the best Zelda yet. However this statement has quickly proven to me your ignorance and lack of respect for the series, Nintendo and fellow Zelda fans. You epically fail.

Phantom Hourglass is the true sequel to Wind Waker and it was spectacular.

Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sykoh
[QUOTE="Sykoh"]

[QUOTE="Popadophalis"]I believe the game you are looking for is called phantom Hourglass. The direct sequel to wind waker.cougar65

There already is a TRUE sequel (note the spelling) to wind waker. Its called Phantom Hourglass. It is a TRUE sequel as it takes place directly after the events of wind waker. It doesn't matter what you want, this is what you got. And don't insult the game just cuz its on the DS. It's a really good game.

? I'm not insulting the game... All I said is I could care less about the DS. I don't doubt that it's a good game but what I meant by "I want a TRUE sequal" was that I want it to be on the Wii.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts
[QUOTE="cougar65"][QUOTE="Sykoh"]

? I'm not insulting the game... All I said is I could care less about the DS. I don't doubt that it's a good game but what I meant by "I want a TRUE sequal" was that I want it to be on the Wii.

Because its on the DS does not automatically make it not important or not big. the art style is kin to the console and same for the DS.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#10 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

nasty words,, and honestly im not a child no more, so wind waker 2-no go ,, nintendo made the right move with zelda tp ,,

yall keep on complaining about no mature games on gamecube thats what led us to the wii,, and no sequal on the wii get a ds ,, and phantom hourglass simple as that, dont expect nintendo to risk a loss this generation because of kiddy looking games iwata stated this they want more mature looking titles on the wii,, hince why zelda tp is not like windwaker and ssbb looks totally different from melee ,, galaxy also took a drastic overhaul from sunshine,,

so ya good work nintendo keep up it ,

with that in mind i surely dont want another cell shaded title on wii, they look horrible , zelda alttp was the best zelda game, and that didnt look cell shaded, cell shaded games dont look good,

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

#11 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
It's more like another cell shaded version of Zelda, I think it will come someday, and I certainly hope so, because WW turned out to be better than Twilight...... And I'm no counting handhelds, I want a console version too.....
Nickster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Nickster_11
Member since 2006 • 279 Posts

phantom hourglass was the true sequel to windwaker and it was great. if u dont like the ds then too bad cuz ur missing out on a great game. the more realistic zeldas will be on consoles and cell shaded will be on handhelds. o btw TP = Best game ever

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11995 Posts
Give it another two years. Their games take awhile but they are always great.
The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#14 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts
Not everyone wants the Windwaker series to stay on DS. I want Windwaker II on console as well man.
gameplaya123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 gameplaya123
Member since 2006 • 2372 Posts

Just becauase it's not on the Wii doesn't mean it's not a "TRUE" sequel. Phantom Hourglass is a spectacular game and if you don't want to give it a try because it's on the DS, it's your loss.

DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#16 DannyRice
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts

I'm starting to think I don't give what the graphics look like. The very most important thing to a Zelda game is that it is FUN. Like every other game. Unoriginal games aren't as fun because you've done it already. Twilight Princess was great, but I'd have to go with Ocarina of Time as my favorite because it invented everything Twilight Princess did.

Phantom Hourglass IS Wind Waker 2. It occurs immediately after Wind Waker. The graphics are fine, and the game is one of the best Zelda's, well, ever, because it is so unique.

However, I think Eiji Aonuma can't avoid putting parts into his games that aren't as fun as other parts. What I mean is like the Triforce Collection in Wind Waker, way too many masks that are nigh impossible to find in Majora's Mask, too much wolf in Twilight Princess, and Temple of the Ocean King in Phantom Hourglass. He should take another good look at Ocarina of Time to find Miyamoto's secret: he makes things original, really, REALLY good, and never once, not ONCE, puts a dull moment in the game (see A Link to the Past and Super Mario Galaxy for this evidence too).

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Well Phantom Hourglass is the "true" sequel to Wind Waker. It starts almost directly where the first game ended.

Harsadi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#18 Harsadi
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I don't think that'll happen, Nintendo got bigger plans than that.

Phantom Hourglass is THE sequel.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

nasty words,, and honestly im not a child no more, so wind waker 2-no go

mariokart64fan

Are you too "adult" for Wind Waker? Cell shaded means immature now, hey? I didn't know that.

Thanks for letting me know. God I feel like such an idiot, thinking that Wind Waker was one of the best and freshest titles to ever come out of the Zelda franchise.

Again, thanks for letting me know that art style equals maturity. I never would have guessed.

in2DarKneSs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 in2DarKneSs
Member since 2006 • 233 Posts
I think if we all really look at it we can agree that Wind Waker kicked ass, and so does Phantom Hourglass. However, he is not disputing it is a good zelda game. He is saying that instead of a DS sequel he would like a wii sequel set in the same universe, he is not saying it will happen. I mean I have been waiting for Megaman Legends 3 since 2000, I can hope all I want it doesn't mean I will get it. Also, some more Tales games like the Destiny Remake Director's cut would be nice.
cafccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cafccc
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

bob_newman

Are you too "adult" for Wind Waker? Cell shaded means immature now, hey? I didn't know that.

Thanks for letting me know. God I feel like such an idiot, thinking that Wind Waker was one of the best and freshest titles to ever come out of the Zelda franchise.

Again, thanks for letting me know that art style equals maturity. I never would have guessed.

Yeh, wind waker wasnt taht kiddy, i do recall a sword piercing ganondorfs head at the end, i doubt thats considered kiddy. Also Cel shaded games dont mean agems are kiddy, No More Heroes, Killer 7 and Okami were not kiddy and No More Heros was made for adult, all 3 of those were cel shaded.

fyor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fyor
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts
I WANT ANY NEW ZELDA GAME!!!!!
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

I don't think you understand. How many times must we tell you: Phantom Hourglass is the true sequel to the Wind Waker! You wanted a sequel, and guess what? One already exists! Go play it and stop complaining.

13wanderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 13wanderer
Member since 2005 • 317 Posts

in2darkness, Tales of Symphonia 2 is coming to Wii.

Oh, and nobody better dis WW or PH, those games rocked!

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts
[QUOTE="Sykoh"][QUOTE="cougar65"][QUOTE="Sykoh"]

[QUOTE="Popadophalis"]I believe the game you are looking for is called phantom Hourglass. The direct sequel to wind waker.Rocky32189

I don't think you understand. How many times must we tell you: Phantom Hourglass is the true sequel to the Wind Waker! You wanted a sequel, and guess what? One already exists! Go play it and stop complaining.

seriously. its the sequel. the "TRUE" one. :P

whats wrong with this guy?

bluej33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#26 bluej33
Member since 2007 • 687 Posts

Actually, it IS the true sequel to Wind Waker... >.>

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Phantom Hourglass is a TRUE sequal to the Windwaker. Just because it's on a different system doesn't make it any less legitimate of a game.

Toon_ROB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Toon_ROB
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts
I wouldnt mind having a new console wind waker. But its just as fine on the ds.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chefstubbies

I wouldnt mind having a new console wind waker. But its just as fine on the ds.Toon_ROB

I found two cel-shaded Zelda games to be plenty. I would personally like to see something that isn't simply a re-hash of what's already been done.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Phantom Hourglass was an an amazing game and happens to be my favorite DS game alongside Mario Kart DS. It has a lengthy adventure and was a perfect "on the go" Zelda game. I especially liked the fact I didn't have to hunt down Heart pieces and I just had to find whole hearts. The idea of heart pieces has always been a tedious effort on my part... especially since I like completing games 100%.

[QUOTE="Toon_ROB"]I wouldnt mind having a new console wind waker. But its just as fine on the ds.chefstubbies

I found two cel-shaded Zelda games to be plenty. I would personally like to see something that isn't simply a re-hash of what's already been done.

you mean like Twilight Princess?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
WW2 is out on DS -- Phantom Hourglass.
cheesenuggets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cheesenuggets
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
on the ds
jsrock_on54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 jsrock_on54
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts

id rather see the series chance than ANOTHER game just like the rest.

no need for a ww2 on the wii

need for something different outweighs that by a longshot

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts
Its up my butt.
kombat130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kombat130
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts
Wind Waker is an awesome game and PH is the direct sequal to it. So PH is wind waker 2, but a third one for the wii isn't a bad idea at all but I think what nintendo is trying to do is bring the wind waker titles to the DS and put the other zelda titles on the wii but Yes I do agree that they should put another wind waker title for the wii.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
i will never buy another nintendo system if they ever bring back the ocean (on consoles)
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

I'm starting to think I don't give what the graphics look like. The very most important thing to a Zelda game is that it is FUN. Like every other game. Unoriginal games aren't as fun because you've done it already. Twilight Princess was great, but I'd have to go with Ocarina of Time as my favorite because it invented everything Twilight Princess did.

Phantom Hourglass IS Wind Waker 2. It occurs immediately after Wind Waker. The graphics are fine, and the game is one of the best Zelda's, well, ever, because it is so unique.

However, I think Eiji Aonuma can't avoid putting parts into his games that aren't as fun as other parts. What I mean is like the Triforce Collection in Wind Waker, way too many masks that are nigh impossible to find in Majora's Mask, too much wolf in Twilight Princess, and Temple of the Ocean King in Phantom Hourglass. He should take another good look at Ocarina of Time to find Miyamoto's secret: he makes things original, really, REALLY good, and never once, not ONCE, puts a dull moment in the game (see A Link to the Past and Super Mario Galaxy for this evidence too).

DannyRice

I think what Aonuma is doing is extending the game a bit, while you may think the concept of collecting things like triforce pieces and the tears in TP monotonous, the overall experience like the places you go the things you see were enjoyable, at least to me they were. When it came to Wolf time in TP I dont think it lasted to long, it was no longer than you were a kid in OoT. I mean no matter the game or who is responsible for it there will always be points that you dont enjoy as much the rest, even in Mario Galaxy there were parts that werent as fun as the rest of the game.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
I don't have enough money to buy a DS just to play Phantom Hourglass, so it would be kinda nice if they put it on the Wii.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chefstubbies
Phantom Hourglass was an an amazing game and happens to be my favorite DS game alongside Mario Kart DS. It has a lengthy adventure and was a perfect "on the go" Zelda game. I especially liked the fact I didn't have to hunt down Heart pieces and I just had to find whole hearts. The idea of heart pieces has always been a tedious effort on my part... especially since I like completing games 100%. [QUOTE="chefstubbies"]

[QUOTE="Toon_ROB"]I wouldnt mind having a new console wind waker. But its just as fine on the ds.ZumaJones07

Well...I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, but yes. Like Twiligh tPrincess. Twilight PRincess was exactly like Majora's Mask and Ocarina Of Time.

All I meant in my post is that I'd like to see something new in the franchise. And playing as a dog doesn't count, nor does using a stylus instead of a directional pad, and the same goes for swapping analog for a laser pointer.

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts
[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Phantom Hourglass was an an amazing game and happens to be my favorite DS game alongside Mario Kart DS. It has a lengthy adventure and was a perfect "on the go" Zelda game. I especially liked the fact I didn't have to hunt down Heart pieces and I just had to find whole hearts. The idea of heart pieces has always been a tedious effort on my part... especially since I like completing games 100%. [QUOTE="chefstubbies"]

[QUOTE="Toon_ROB"]I wouldnt mind having a new console wind waker. But its just as fine on the ds.chefstubbies

Well...I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, but yes. Like Twiligh tPrincess. Twilight PRincess was exactly like Majora's Mask and Ocarina Of Time.

All I meant in my post is that I'd like to see something new in the franchise. And playing as a dog doesn't count, nor does using a stylus instead of a directional pad, and the same goes for swapping analog for a laser pointer.

IMO playing with the stylus counted as something completely new. You never had to use any buttons the entire game, it was all controlled in a NEW way that played great.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chefstubbies
[QUOTE="chefstubbies"][QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Phantom Hourglass was an an amazing game and happens to be my favorite DS game alongside Mario Kart DS. It has a lengthy adventure and was a perfect "on the go" Zelda game. I especially liked the fact I didn't have to hunt down Heart pieces and I just had to find whole hearts. The idea of heart pieces has always been a tedious effort on my part... especially since I like completing games 100%. [QUOTE="chefstubbies"]

[QUOTE="Toon_ROB"]I wouldnt mind having a new console wind waker. But its just as fine on the ds.gamer6464

IMO playing with the stylus counted as something completely new. You never had to use any buttons the entire game, it was all controlled in a NEW way that played great.

Controls were new yes, but all of Links actions were the same as before.

Here's more what I'd like to see. Oblivion...but with Link in Hyrule. Link with stats, upgradable weapons and armor, the ability to use the hookshot and the boomerang and the iron boots in the open field, not just in the dungeons they were found in.

idofriar1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 idofriar1313
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

bob_newman

ha, u owned him.

don't worry, its prolly some little kid who bouhgt crap games like bug island cause it looked mature and all his freinds whould hae dug him. prolly didn't play galaxy either cuz he saw all the cute stars. this is becoming a problem. i had my cousin over and saw my wii games, skipped mario galxy, zack and wiki, and rrr2 and went straight to halo 3 while i whispered to myself...

...idiot

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#43 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

^ People just feel more grown up when they play these much more violent, bloody video games not realizing what true quality lies in a game. Those who buy games at a first glance because they see these baaad dudes holding guns and laughing at Mario Galaxy and other Nintendo titles for being too kiddy is just plain stupid. In their mind, it makes them feel more grown up and mature playing games intended for Mature/Adult audiences. It's really quite sad how easily fooled these kids can be. I'm 18 and I've never owned a Mature rated game before.