When you first got your wii...

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kenyard7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Kenyard7
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

What did you do when you got a wii? I got mine on Christmas last year. My dad first just handed me two small boxes and they were a wii remote and nunchuck. I was silent for a second, and then (I'm small for my age) I jumped over the couch hugging my dad SO tight and I was literally hanging from his shoulders. Ahhhh. Good times

Share your stories people!

EYEInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 EYEInferno
Member since 2003 • 530 Posts
My girlfriend works at a toystore/gamestore and she said she could help me get me a Wii, and I wanted one SO BAD, because they were sold out EVERYWHERE. So she said she gets shipments at 17:00 (5 pm) so I was there at around 16:30, waited 15 minutes.. Nothing yet.. Waited another 15 minutes.. Nothing Yet.. I was starting to doubt that they would come (she said they ordered around 4).. Waited another 15 minutes.. and YES there they were, some guy came in with 2 big boxes, she opened it up and 3 Wiis were in the boxes (1 was stolen by the delivery guy hahaha), so I immediatly bought one, and in 5 minutes the other 2 Wiis were sold too. I remember walking through Amsterdam with a Wii in my hand XD. To bad though that Zelda (Wii) was sold out everywhere.. Though I found Zelda a week later :). This was a year ago btw.
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nick11478
Member since 2006 • 1628 Posts
I got my Wii Christmas day last year. I really, really, really liked it for the first 3 months that I had it, then I sold it. And got a 360.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I stood in line for about 16 hours. I was actually #2 in line. Slept in a small tent with a friend overnight(yikes) and got me a Wii at 9am on launch day. Got it with an extra controller and Nunchuck with Zelda. I then preceded by driving as fast as I could home.

It was fun as hell, I'll definitely be doing it again with Wii 2.

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ozzsoad

I got my Wii Christmas day last year. I really, really, really liked it for the first 3 months that I had it, then I sold it. And got a 360.Nick11478

Wow, that was really...dumb. Why not have both? There are way too many good games coming out for the Wii, far out numbering Xbox 360 in my opinion. To each it's own I guess...

Kenyard7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kenyard7
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
lol at your guys' stories! I have my moment on video tape. My dad says I'll be the next N64 kid!:P
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

I'd always heard people talking about how the only way to get one was to show up early in the morning right when shipments would come in (which I'm far too lazy to do), but then I found out that my Wal-Mart actually gets their shipments at 4 in the afternoon on weekdays... So I showed up and there it was, just sitting on the shelf. This was in March, and I still haven't seen another Wii on a shelf at any store. So I guess I was lucky.

sicario146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sicario146
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts
i guet my wii the second week.the first think i did was sell my ps2 to guet loz:tp couse i was broke.
Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts
July 1 - Canada Day - i drove to bestbuy after work and bought one. in and out in a few mins.
digiram79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 digiram79
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts
I bought it for my daugher for her B-day. Went everywhere in search of one for close to 2 weeks, and finally found one at Toys R Us. One left, yay!!!!!!. Of course, I told my daughter that they were sold out everywhere and we couldn't get her one. I had bought Mario Party 8 for her, and wrapped that up as her Bday gift. She opened it up, and was like ha??? Then, a big smile!!!! As a parent, you just love it when your children are happy!!!
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#11 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
brought it home, got it second day of launch....popped in Zelda
Sikzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Sikzak
Member since 2006 • 157 Posts

How and I got a Wii:

I went to the store and it was sold out... I waited about two weeks, and the nwen to the same store, and there it was. The Wii, then I bought it and went home, and started playing for some hours... quite easy for me.

chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2095 Posts
I didn't get to play it until 2 days after. I had reserved it and picked it up on launch day. The original plan was to get it first thing on Sunday morning. A few days before, my friend scores Bucs tickets and invites me and another to the game. I also planned to drive to Orlando that night to spend the day with my sister who was vacationing at the theme parks. So after the football game I picked up my Wii at Toys R Us. (It was the last one there!):lol:. By the time I got home it was time to leave. The next day at Universal Studios, my mind kept drifting toward a little white game system sitting at home in an unopened box. :P
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

I got mine on Christmas too and for 2 weeks my parents kept saying that they couldn't find a Wii anywhere and that me and my brother would have to wait until next year to get one. But then me and my brother opened up our presents on Christmas morning and we both got Wii games (I got Twilight Princess and he got the Wii Trauma Center game) and we were both dumbstruck.

I got a little confused and said "You got us Wii games but we don't have a Wii". Then my dad went to the back room and brought out a Wii. Me and my brother just laughed with happiness. The first thing we did was make Mii's and then play Wii Sports for hours and hours at our house and over at our grandparents houses and the like.

It was one of the best Christmas' I've ever had.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
I remember first playing Wii-Sports. I felt like a 3yr old on christmas day :), it was so fun and all the blood rushed to my head.
Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts
woke up around 5am on launch day. went to a kmart next to my house, with my nephew. the kmart had 4 wii's, and 2 teens were infront of us. they gave us small papers that said the numbers of our wiis. 3-4 hours later, we went back and got wii's. :).good times. goood times.
FalcoFootball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FalcoFootball
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I missed out on launch day and woke up every Sunday bright and early to see if I could nab a Wii. And two weeks later I was in a huge line in Target at 7am and was second to last to recieve a ticket stub that got me a Wii. Got home around 9am and played Zelda; felt like Christmas came early.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#18 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
i got the Wii and Raving Rabbids at the same time for Christmas. i was going to open the game first, but my dad told me that it would kinda ruin the other gift..which kind of gave it aay..but i was still skeptical because we had been looking for Wiis up until the day before christmas..so when i opened it i let out a small scream and immediately set it up and played some Wii Sports!
rafasosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rafasosa
Member since 2007 • 22835 Posts
Igot my wii the release day here on Caracas, about the last days of November. And I had to wait for Christmas to get it (that wait almost killed my). When my parents gave it to me I spend 9 hours playing twilight princess
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ozzsoad
[QUOTE="ozzsoad"]

[QUOTE="Nick11478"]I got my Wii Christmas day last year. I really, really, really liked it for the first 3 months that I had it, then I sold it. And got a 360.Nick11478

Wow, that was really...dumb. Why not have both? There are way too many good games coming out for the Wii, far out numbering Xbox 360 in my opinion. To each it's own I guess...

Nintendo has ZERO third-party support. Therefor I would have to rely on Nintendo's (good) but childish games for the rest of the systems eternity. I really wasn't into that. I think that the 360 is 10x better overall, such as graphics, gameplay, games, online play, ect. I also think that the 360 is coming out with the better games such as, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, All of the EA Sports games.

ZERO third-party support....then what are games like Guitar Hero 3, Resident Evil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Spore, No More Heroes, Zack & Wiki, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Okami, Opoona, Monster Hunter 3, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Fatal Frame 4 doing on the Wii's current and future launch list?

And is it a proven fact that the 360 is 10X better than the Wii? Did you do some research on that one?

Graphics, yes. Online play, deifinatley. It's a matter of opinion on which system has better games. The 360 had a year head start but yet I own twice as many Wii games....hmmm. Gameplay wise, the 360 definitley does NOT beat the Wii. You're a fool to think so. The Wii has revelotionized the way we play and will be playing in the future. You really think the next Xbox and PS are going to use a traditional gamepad. I seriously doubt it. So no, I don't agree with you on that one.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
I waited in line for like 4 hours at best buy a week or two after the wii had come out because it was sold out, I got one, went to mcdonalds to get something to eat, but I was so excited that I couldn't so I plugged it in and played Wii Sports like all day.
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
I waited in the parking lot of Wal-Mart for a couple hours. When they opened the store, I picked up the Wii, extra remote/nunchuk, Zelda, Excitetruck, and some Wii points. I rushed home, set it up, and my life has been great ever since. ;)
Gigglefitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Gigglefitz
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
Early January. Went to Zellers and asked one of my friends if he had it in stock. They just came in an hour ago, and he was holding one for me (i was hyping this thing from day one... I HAD to own it). I asked if he was kidding. He said no and pulled one out. The only thing i could say was get your key, I need some games! (Twilight Princess, WarioWare, and Rayman.) I didn't even think he knew that I wanted one, let alone that he'd hold one for me (after the staff got their pick of course). I was thrilled.
Gigglefitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gigglefitz
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts

My brother's first go-round with Wii Tenis was awesome! I came home from work, and my fiancee was laughing. I asked her what was going on, and she told me he was sleeping on the couch when he sat up, opened his eyes, and started swinging his (empty) hand left to right. She asked him what the hell he was doing, and he said "I'm playing tennis, but Ryan won't give me any shots" (i'm lethal up front); then proceeded to fall back down on the couch and resume sleeping. CRAZY!

ChrissieGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#26 ChrissieGirl
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts

It was around January-February earlier this year. Once I had enough money I tried SO hard to find a Wii since my desire to have one was very strong, but no success. I eventually went into my local GameStation and pre-ordered one, realizing it'd be harder to get one otherwise. I waited a whole month for my Wii - I tried to get one sooner, even nearly resorted to eBay - and I ended up getting a little bit jealous of my best friend who's parents found one leftin Argos and bought it with no problems or waiting.

But eventually the day came, when I was surfing the Internet in the first week of March, that I got the phonecall from GameStation saying my Wii had finally come into stock, and that I could pick it up anytime. As soon as I got off of the phone with them, I screamed with joy.:D My mum came home not long after, took me up to GameStation and I bought it. That's pretty much my story. ^^;

6-signObito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 6-signObito
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts

I told my grandma that I wanted to buy it and she took me to Gamestop. Thing is that they didn't have any so we looked for about an hour and we finally found a Meijer that had one. I ran to the game department and made sure that no one else saw it. And I've had ever since then (that was about last June.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

I got mine 3 or 4 months after launch. I showed up to work (Best Buy) about 10 minutes early one day and there was a stack of about 25 of them in the middle of the floor. So I got one and Sonic and the Secret Rings and took it out to my car. Worked my shift and then went home and played it.

Not too epic huh?

SpikeX22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpikeX22
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
I got my wii about a year to the day, I didn't really do much my brother and I tried that weekend at a Toys R Us and we left before anything happened becuase we got cold, it was just one of those things for us, when it happened it happened you know? Well a few days later we heard from a relative working at wal-mart that they had a shipment coming in, again same thing we didn't really rush to get there nor were we planning on staying much past an hour, well low and behold we're thinking about leaving when the manager comes out and starts handing out tickets to the people in line, rumor had it that they had 22. After counting the people we thought about hightailing it out of there, when they called the guy next to me 21 and said 22 and handed me the last ticket. As silly as it sounds at that moment I suddenly cared more for the Wii than I had before and I could swear I heard Charlie Bucket singing I've got a golden ticket in my ears. Sure enough they had all 22 Wii's and when I bumped into a classmate we swapped phone numbers so that when SSBB came out we could battle.
cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts
I got mine on Christmas last year. My mom was in a mall buying Christmas presents when she came across a Gamestop. About 2 or 3 people were in line, so she went in and asked the worker if they had any Wiis. The worker said no, but they could come in any minute now. She went around the mall, came back, and they had gotten the Wiis. She walked in, and bought one. WOO HOO! I then SOMEHOW figured out I was getting one for Christmas, so she let me play Wii Sports for about 30 minutes, and then we boxed it up until Christmas. How cruel lol. I had already brushed aside the idea to get a Wii because I thought they would all be sold out. I was wrong lol.
Gaticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gaticus
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts
I got mine at 12:22am on Nov.19, 2006. I was working at a gamestore at the time and we were shipped 6 consoles; 1 was for a contest winner, 4 were for 1st come 1st served sale and one wasa for employee allocation... it was allocated to me! I have been having a blast with it ever since!:D
mysimsrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mysimsrule
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
i first got my wii on my birthday this july. my Dad told me that hedidn'tget me one because they were sold out and i was gutted :(. But then he told me to get a plate out of the cupboard and i just felt a box, looked in and it was the wii. i was ecstatic and gave hugs all round. aww
saucepark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 saucepark
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
One of my friend works for Ubisoft in Montreal... it was one per employee but as some of them didn't want it, i got one with a 10% rebate... I got it the launch day, without any line up... and the same day i bought a 42 po Sharp TV to enjoy it... One of my best day in 2006 as I spent the whole night playing Zelda !!! The big N. rules !!
wertyui5467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wertyui5467
Member since 2006 • 1138 Posts

My dad got it for me on launch day!!!

I played non stop...about a month ago I decided to sell it seing as how MP3 disapointed me...but my parents wouldn't let me...I'm glad I didn't...Mario galaxy looks incredible can't wait till monday!!!

nonthe less a 360 would make me happy!

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts
When I got my Wii at the store I held it against my chest and made sure no one touched it. When I got home my Mom told me to put it down on the table so she can see it, then I said NO IT IS MY BABY!!!!!
EYEInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 EYEInferno
Member since 2003 • 530 Posts

My dad got it for me on launch day!!!

I played non stop...about a month ago I decided to sell it seing as how MP3 disapointed me...but my parents wouldn't let me...I'm glad I didn't...Mario galaxy looks incredible can't wait till monday!!!

nonthe less a 360 would make me happy!

wertyui5467
[spoiler] Lol *spoiled kid warning* [/spoiler] Keep your Wii man, the line-up is GREAT, the 360 sux, I had one and the only games I liked were Gears of War and Guitar Hero II, had a lot more games next to those but none were any fun at all..
pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
I remember in febuary where wiis were sold out in circuit city, target and gamestop. I was really have doubts on getting one then i go to best buy and i just asked the guy do you have any WIIs. He was like yea we jsut got some in right now. I waited about 5 minutes till he came back from the back room where all the WIIs are then he handed me the box and it felt like magic...
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#38 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts
I stayed up til midnight at my local Wal Mart for the launch. I also got it with Red Steel and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Twas a good day.
Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#39 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts
I got my Wii on launch day last year. I sat in line for 9.5 hours at Wal-Mart(which wasn't too bad considering everyone had a DS and we had a great time playing Mario Kart and talking a laughing). I'll never forget seeing the pile of Wii's get brought out at midnight. There were 20 Wii's total, and I was 16th in line. Good times, man. Good times.
Tangle03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tangle03
Member since 2007 • 312 Posts

i waited in line at walmart.i was fourth in line (first was a little girl thinking it was PS3 launch).we got ours like 4 minutes before launch day midnight (11 /18/07 11:56pm). there were30 Wiis and most of the people in line got there like 9:30pm. it was really relaxing we didnt even have to WAIT in line we could walk all around the store and still keep our spot in line. i read a book while i waited and others bought food to eat meanwhile.... I got Twilight Princess with the Wii. I paid for the Wii with money i won from school..... I got home and went to sleep. Next day i played Wii sports for half the day and the other half with Twilight Princess. :D

(My city is pretty relaxed on Halo launch the shelves were packed with Halo 3 and stood that way for a week:| )

starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
I remeber I got it nov.26/06 and I called EB games every day during that week to see if they had them
GSmashX_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GSmashX_202
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

Well here's my story

I was at my local Wal-mart waiting in line for my Wii. Out of nowere a wal mart worker comes up and says there no more wii in stock. I was really pissed. Week after week me and my dad would got to every store Target, Toysr'us, and EB games. We were close but not close enough. Then it was Christmas moring and on X-Mas eve my parnets said we might get a wii until next summer. When me and my bro were done opening all of the presnets I saw a red wapped box at the back of the tree. I graped it and tared a pice of the wapping of and right in front of my eyes said "Wii". Right then and there I graped my parnets and gave then the biggest hug I ever gave them ( I even had tears coming out of my eyes) :oops:. Then my parnets gave me Red Steel and my bro TP.

I was by far the greatest X-Mas I ever had and will always remember:D

AzzoLovesBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 AzzoLovesBirdy
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts

My first Wii got robbed.

Went with my little brother, and brough it with an extra WiiMote and Nunchuck plus 2 games (Prince of Persia & Medal of Honor) cost around £300. Walked out with happy and excited faces with springs in our steps. About 10 minutefrom home, I woke up in a hospital, I'd been knocked over the head by some theifs who ran of withthe big bag with the brand new Wii and accessories in it. My little brother - who ran home to get help - told me everything.Istill don't remember a thing.
Anyway, about 6 weeks later, I gota new shiny Wii, but brought home incar. The end.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I went to Wal-Mart the afternoon of an exam that didn't go so well, and i saw one lonely Wii sitting in the display glass thing. i raced across the street to the bank, withdrew my money, and bought the console. Man i was happy that day.
King613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 King613
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
My mom had made a deal with me if i went to summer school that she would get me a wii and i kept calling the ebgames everyday untill i just about was gonna give up then the one right beside my house shipped in about 15 and i whiped it there bought it and went home set it up played tennis for about 20-30 mins and went to basketball practice it was july 31st next week i got Dbt2. 
Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts
I didn't get mine until March. I wasn't going to camp out for one, and it wasn't until late February that I found out Target's put their Wii's out on Saturday (or maybe Sunday) morning. So, I just went in early one Saturday and picked one up with Zelda. It took me about 3 months more before I could find a second Wiimote though.
ken_drummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ken_drummer
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts

I was just like. I think i'll get a Wii. I called EB games, they had like 5.

Drove there, got it, played it.

Rexatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Rexatar
Member since 2007 • 365 Posts
I got my Wii about a few months ago from Walmart.

I must have called every place that sold these for about three days before I finally had any luck. It was about 8:00PM and I decided to call the Walmart in Taylor (A Texas town just a bit north from where I live)to see if they had any. I ask if there are any Wii's in stock and the lady says that they have only one left. So me, my mom, and my two brothers drive up there to get it, hoping that someone else doesn't buy it before we get there. Sure enough there it was! I was so exited because I had wanted the Wii since it came out, but could never find one because well... it's the Wii and was sold out everywhere! Anyway I finally got the Wii, along with "Wii Play" and "Wario Ware Smooth Moves", as well as another remote and nun-chuck. As soon as we got home we plugged it in, and played until two in the morning.
fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts
well,lets see...be4 I got a wii i bought rayman and then i got twilight princess for christmas and i was 5th in line at rogers video for a wii and one day when i came home from my acting class,i shouted Woo HOO!! several times and it was sitting right on the table,i was so excited i fell asleep right away and in the morning we set it up and I played rayman.And then my friends,i just couldent wait for super mario galaxy.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#50 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
Got in in april it and i dropped it so i had to wait for eB to get more in stock wich toook like a month and a half but im glad i had warranty!