When characters die in Fire Emblem, do they get replacments ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Ok, characters die and get perma-death. Are more characters brought into the story later to fill in the gaps? Can the game actually be finished will all the characters alive? Does it matter to the story which ever characters do die. obviously aside from your character or Chrom?

I was just wondering, because i lost a couple of characters early in the game, and i really dont know how important they were to the story. The dialog between the survivors act as if nothing ever happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
You don't get replacements. You could reclass some of your other units with a second seal if you want different kinds of units. It's completely possible to finish the game with all your characters. For a first time player however, it might mean restarting a lot of chapters. Depends on what characters you lost. If some of the women never get married to another character, you won't be able to recruit their child later in the game.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

once thye die they are gone forever

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Ok, characters die and get perma-death. Are more characters brought into the story later to fill in the gaps? Can the game actually be finished will all the characters alive? Does it matter to the story which ever characters do die. obviously aside from your character or Chrom?

I was just wondering, because i lost a couple of characters early in the game, and i really dont know how important they were to the story. The dialog between the survivors act as if nothing ever happened.

Videodogg
If you lose certain characters that are integral to the story, they don't die. Rather, they retreat- you still lose them for good, but they stick around to say their lines as necessary. I imagine characters like that to be maimed or crippled- alive, but unable to fight.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#5 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Are more characters brought into the story later to fill in the gaps?

Only in Shadow Dragon for the DS, probably the worst entry in the series.

Can the game actually be finished will all the characters alive?

Yes, don't let anyone die. Awakening even has an option to turn off character death. There are a few story important characters in each game that don't die when defeated they just retreat and are still in the story but won't be able to fight anymore.

Does it matter to the story which ever characters do die

No, most characters don't have much of a role in the story or scenes. If you don't get a pairing to have kids in Awakening you will miss recruiting them.
Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

Only in Shadow Dragon for the DS, probably the worst entry in the series. Legolas_Katarn

Yeah I could not really get into that one.  Why is that?  But they did like everything right in Awakening.  The AI should be less determined to kill a single person though.