When can we expect the DS price to drop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

paul_hubans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 paul_hubans
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts
My friend said he'd probably pick one up when the price drops... I wonder when that will happen? I wanted to get my grandma one for Christmas so she could play the latest Pokemon games (she loves those games). Do you think we can expect a price drop for the holiday season? :)
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I doubt it. The DS is currently the best-selling system on the market, and people will buy it at Christmas regardless of the price. I don't imagine we'll be seeing a price drop until summer 2009, but I could be wrong.
usB-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 usB-
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Phat dropped dramaticly when Lite came. But since there will be no new DS soon, it wont drop much.
NoSssweat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NoSssweat
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts
Shortly after it isn't in high demand or isn't brilliant value.
zoe256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 zoe256
Member since 2007 • 2821 Posts
I don't think it will drop either, maybe in a few years when it's becoming outdated and sales are dropping.
usB-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 usB-
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Accually, I was thinking about getting a Lite. But I can't let go off my Phat. It would feel like I was cheating on it. ;o

Steelpoppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Steelpoppy
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts
true. Also, if they did drop the price, it would be by a little amout. Thry might drop it to 100$, but if you really want the thing, go and get it. Even if the price does drop, i think it wouldn't by enough to esit for another year.
MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#8 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts

Isn't it most likely to drop when the new ds comes out? Btw you have an awsome grandma...

Steelpoppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Steelpoppy
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts

Isn't it most likely to drop when the new ds comes out? Btw you have an awsome grandma...

MangoLlamas
Lol, wut? There is no new ds. They didn't reveal it this year at e3.
Radiohead85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Radiohead85
Member since 2003 • 3068 Posts

much like everyone else has said, there is no real reason at all for Nintendo to drop the price of the DS Lite, for multiple reasons:

1. The console is selling like crazy, even 2 years after its release. I still go to stores and see that they're depleted of DSs.

2. $129 still leaves the DS Lite as the absolute cheapest console on the market, $40 cheaper than the PSP. They really don't have a reason to drop the price when the console is so cheap already.

If they do drop the price, which will likely happen when Nintendo announces their next handheld (nobody knows when that will happen, it might be multiple years), the DS Lite will probably drop to $99 at the least.

I would say just get it now. If you need to go cheaper than the $129, maybe buy a used one from a Gamestop/EB Games...but I would really suggest getting a new one

A80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 A80
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts
Why would it...it's only $129.