Whats wrong with Wii's graphics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tri4ce5dude5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tri4ce5dude5
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts
Wii has bad graphics than the other systems. sure it offers good simulation but when gamecube was as good as PS2 and Xbox but when wii came everything got HD and wii stayed with bad graphics. Why did wii decide to have bad graphics? everyone would like it with better graphics and i am hoping wii 2 will get HD
Pdietz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Pdietz
Member since 2007 • 5194 Posts

I dont think anything is wrong with wii's graphics its slick and unique

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Is it me or does this remind anyone else of another topic created recently?

Anyway i do not think that graphics will make the Wii better. I play games for the gameplay and story. I have never bought a game nor console for HD. HD is nice and all but i think the Wii has great games with beautiful art styles. Also it kept the costs down which was a great idea for sales.

msuspartan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 msuspartan11
Member since 2009 • 572 Posts
Graphics make a game so much better. I think the Wii's graphics are good enough but I bet a lot more developers would create FPSs for the system if they would look good on them.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
haha at this topic getting locked. Anyways, to answer the question, the Wii is more superior in its visual capabilities than all of the last gen consoles. The innovative controls more than make up for graphics anyway. There's nothing "wrong" with the Wii's graphics even though they aren't up to par with the other consoles, which is the only reason why you think they're bad.
Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts
Nothing is wrong with them, I blame the stupid third party developers again. I have one game to prove that the wii is capable of excellent graphics: Metroid Prime 3 That is a beauteous game.
Pdietz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Pdietz
Member since 2007 • 5194 Posts

To show you wii's graphics try super smash bros brawl

YAY MY 50TH POST :)

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Yeah, a quick look at wikipedia would have answered this question. The wii is not an HD console, it is not much more powerful (if any), than the xbox. However, the wii can create good looking games as long as you aren't ewxpecting Lost Planet 2 or somrthing.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wiifan001
Nothing is wrong with them, I blame the stupid third party developers again. I have one game to prove that the wii is capable of excellent graphics: Metroid Prime 3 That is a beauteous game.Pyro767
I'm pretty sure there's a plethora of titles you haven't seen yet. ;)
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
This thread made me laugh. The Wii didn't DECIDE to have bad graphics, it gave them up for gimmicks. And for more money.
Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pyro767
[QUOTE="Pyro767"]Nothing is wrong with them, I blame the stupid third party developers again. I have one game to prove that the wii is capable of excellent graphics: Metroid Prime 3 That is a beauteous game.wiifan001

More like there's a lot I didn't mention, I was just using one of the best example. Included in the awesome graphics department is Galaxy, Brawl, and Zelda TP.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wiifan001
[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="Pyro767"]Nothing is wrong with them, I blame the stupid third party developers again. I have one game to prove that the wii is capable of excellent graphics: Metroid Prime 3 That is a beauteous game.Pyro767

More like there's a lot I didn't mention, I was just using one of the best example. Included in the awesome graphics department is Galaxy, Brawl, and Zelda TP.

Oh Sounded like Metroid Prime 3 was the one and only game there was to prove :P
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

This thread made me laugh. The Wii didn't DECIDE to have bad graphics, it gave them up for gimmicks. And for more money.Tikicobra
Gimmicks=more money.:roll:

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

I don't see anything wrong with the Wii's graphics, and graphics don't make a game "good" anyways gameplay does I mean you can have the best looking game ever but if the controls are crap then the experience is ruined, or thats how I see it.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Graphics don't mean a thing if the gameplay is terrible. Gameplay beats all.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I'm sorry, but you try playing a 360 or PS3 for a while sometime, and explore their online gaming setups as well, then come back to the Wii and tell me what you think. It's really a no-brainer, the Wii just can't hold a candle to the power, speed or detail of the current gen.

teh_fish_stick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 teh_fish_stick
Member since 2009 • 2245 Posts

The Wii's graphics have a lot of potential, it's just that the third-party developers keep making games that are horribly bad in gameplay/graphics.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

I'm sorry, but you try playing a 360 or PS3 for a while sometime, and explore their online gaming setups as well, then come back to the Wii and tell me what you think. It's really a no-brainer, the Wii just can't hold a candle to the power, speed or detail of the current gen.

Ovirew
I often go from PC (which blows the graphics of the 360 and PS3 out of the water) to the Wii and don't have a problem with the Wii's graphics as long as some effort is put in to them. The only thing the Wii is weak at is the number of online multiplayers, but it makes up for that by being the most fun you can have with a game system (PC games can be way too serious sometimes).
Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pyro767

The Wii's graphics have a lot of potential, it's just that the third-party developers keep making games that are horribly bad in gameplay/graphics.

teh_fish_stick
Exactly what I say. Well done!
maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

Nothing is wrong with Wii's graphics...if you look @ games even from 3rd party with effort put in, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Nintendo decide to change the way games are played, for most part it worked out well. They went the smart way as a business & made $ @ launch while competitors made loss.

It is weaker than PS3 or XBOX360 interms of graphics power...but nothing wrong with its graphics.

g1rldraco7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#22 g1rldraco7
Member since 2008 • 2988 Posts
The Wii's graphics are fine, quit badmouthing them!
Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

Nothing is wrong with Wii's graphics...if you look @ games even from 3rd party with effort put in, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Nintendo decide to change the way games are played, for most part it worked out well. They went the smart way as a business & made $ @ launch while competitors made loss.

It is weaker than PS3 or XBOX360 interms of graphics power...but nothing wrong with its graphics.

maxgil2

This why I think the Wii's graphics are the way they are: The Wii's gameplay is different than the other consoles' and it costs more to use these features as standardfor the Wii. For example, how much do you think a DS would cost if it had the PSP's graphics? I would cost a lot to have two good sized screens with a resolution of at least 320x240(as opposed to the DS' 256x192),a 333MHz processor(as opposed to the DSi's 133MHz), 32MB of Ram(as opposed to the DSi's 16MB), 1MB of VRAM(as opposed to the DS' 656kb), and having one of the two screens being a touch screen. If Nintendo wants to innovate with gameplay, graphical capabilities must be sacrificed(and maybe a few other things) to keep the cost down. I'm fine with the Wii's graphics considering that they're at least better than the GC's.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

1. Just because you're new here doesn't mean you shouldn't use proper grammar.

2. The Wii did not need to go HD, as it's sales have proven. It was the smart business move.

3. It really doesn't matter. Wii games can still be just as good and better than games on other consoles, regardless of visuals.

PJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PJ24
Member since 2005 • 3816 Posts
Please use System Wars for console comparisions.