What's wrong wit ZombieU?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

I love this game! I don't like 1st person shooters but this game has wrapped me up in it's suspense and not knowing what is coming next that it really doesn't mtter that it's 1st person. Gamespot was SERIOUSLY wrong in its score.

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
Everyone has their own opinions. The scores for ZombiU have been all over the place. If you have fun, then that's awesome. Lots of other people are having fun too. Others expected different things from the game and were disappointed. It seems to me that playing it as a survival game and less like a shooter game, like it was meant to be, makes it MUCH more interesting. I'll be playing it in a couple of weeks myself.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

This game punch you in the face if you run and gun like CoD

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Nothing its just one of those game you either love or you hate..the different ranging scores from critics should answer your question. I personally love it..but I can also understand why others would hate it. :)

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

The game gives off a bad impression at the beginning, but as you progress and the more you play through its actually quite a fun game but it does have its flaws. Hopefully we can see a sequel.

The games could have used more melee weapons and the ability to crouch would be nice to perhaps sneak around and such.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I think it'ss just boring and zombie game shouldn't be boring. I don't like how long some fights can last and I hate the implementation of the tablet. I know each launch game wants to show of the new gimmicks, but this game would be better off by just using the tablet for inventory

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Pros:

Good atmosphere

Genuinely creepy in parts

Interesting story and world

Single save slot makes the game more tense due to your actions now having consequence

Cons:

No autosave feature

Tedious melee combat

Radar is cool but the game flat out cheats with the radar when it needs to generate a cheap scare

Player characters are completely interchangable to the story so there's no attachment to them

Progression is deceptively linear

-Byshop

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Nothing really wrong with Zombie U if you enjoy the game. I like Zumbie U. The reviews are mixed. Gamespot only gave it a 4.5. Reviews are just a guide to consider. If you enjoy Zumbie U that is the main thing.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I think it'ss just boring and zombie game shouldn't be boring. I don't like how long some fights can last and I hate the implementation of the tablet. I know each launch game wants to show of the new gimmicks, but this game would be better off by just using the tablet for inventoryArchoNils2

This game is anything but boring, and this is the way that a zombie should be. Zombie games used to be this like the Resident Evil games and Silent Hill games from the past, and I soo glad that there is another zombie game like those since all there is now are run & gun type zombie games.

I am really really hoping for a sequel to ZombiU, and this time I would like it to be in/around the subways of and in New York City.

There is nothing with this game, and it is soo awesome and alot of fun to play.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]I think it'ss just boring and zombie game shouldn't be boring. I don't like how long some fights can last and I hate the implementation of the tablet. I know each launch game wants to show of the new gimmicks, but this game would be better off by just using the tablet for inventoryghstbstr

This game is anything but boring, and this is the way that a zombie should be. Zombie games used to be this like the Resident Evil games and Silent Hill games from the past, and I soo glad that there is another zombie game like those since all there is now are run & gun type zombie games.

I am really really hoping for a sequel to ZombiU, and this time I would like it to be in/around the subways of and in New York City.

There is nothing with this game, and it is soo awesome and alot of fun to play.

So you really think this entire scanning is actually a good thing? You think it's cool that the entire story is prettymuch some guy that talks to you via walkie talkie? If you enjoy it, fine. I didn't like it (and I actually own and like every old RE) and a lot of others seem to agree with me. It's just so average.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I don't know, but it's my most wanted Wii U game. It's sitting at a nice 76 on Metacritic.

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
I have a love hate relationship with the game. Its frustrating because at times it feels like it might be the best survival game I've ever played, then at others, you meet some baffling design choices (about two hours in, I started wondering why I the only melee weapon in the game was the bat). Either way, I think its worth a try for everyone who is up for a challenge.