What Would You Like From A Paper Mario 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OmegaCookie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 237

User Lists: 0

#1 OmegaCookie7
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts

The first two Paper Mario games were great. They were fun, unique and simplistic RPG's that were a welcome change from most of the RPG's on the market. Unfortunately, Super Paper Mario was a bit of a let down. While still a great game, the platforming/RPG crossover didn't do it for me. The RPG elements didn't seem as well implimented as they could have been, and the platforming experience was a bit slow and dull in my opinion.

If they get around to a Paper Mario 4, and hopefully it'll happen this gen, I'd like it to go back to it's roots. Although I'd like the turn based battles to have mor mini-game esque battles similar to the Mario and Luigi series. It'd also be fun to have multiple characters with independent levels rather than just having Mario level up with supporting characters that rarely feel like they're developing.

Anyway, to put it simply, I want it to be turn based and more like the first two games.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I want it to be more like The Thousand Year Door but on a bigger scale. I loved the first two Paper Marios.
sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 sicteliko
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
Challenge...
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

The first two Paper Mario games were great. They were fun, unique and simplistic RPG's that were a welcome change from most of the RPG's on the market. Unfortunately, Super Paper Mario was a bit of a let down. While still a great game, the platforming/RPG crossover didn't do it for me. The RPG elements didn't seem as well implimented as they could have been, and the platforming experience was a bit slow and dull in my opinion.

If they get around to a Paper Mario 4, and hopefully it'll happen this gen, I'd like it to go back to it's roots. Although I'd like the turn based battles to have mor mini-game esque battles similar to the Mario and Luigi series. It'd also be fun to have multiple characters with independent levels rather than just having Mario level up with supporting characters that rarely feel like they're developing.

Anyway, to put it simply, I want it to be turn based and more like the first two games.

OmegaCookie7

Indeed. I have to agree with you on the ideas for the next game. I would love to be able to level my partners up and have them expand more than the previous games allowed. Though, the platforming elements could be implemented outside of battle and it would really add to the game's length.

dc486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 dc486
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
ive actually only played super paper mario. actually im in the middle of it now. on world 6 i think it is. so i cant comment on the others. but i would like to see a more engaging story with either a more of an rpg style or a full platforming game. its a great game but sometimes it can just get a little slow and it feels more like a chore to get through some of the parts in the game. But some parts in the game are spectacular and thats what keeps me going. it reminds me alot of my youth back in the good old days of snes. thats what i love most about the game prolly.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
Challenge...sicteliko
Exactly.
Jedifro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Jedifro
Member since 2008 • 121 Posts
I really enjoyed the first two Paper Mario titles, but my favorite Mario RPG would still have to be Super Mario RPG for the SNES. Anyway....for the next Paper Mario, I think they need to go back to the format they had before. Super Paper Mario was not bad, but the platforming seemed out of place. I really think some of the elements from the Mario and Luigi series on the gameboy/DS could really help the series improve in a lot of ways. For example, the combat of being able to dodge and possibly deflect attacks could be a really fun addition. I would also like to see some really good use of the Wiimote, perhaps even wii motion plus, for the attacks and special attacks. They also need to bring back the stage for each fight like they did for Thousand year door, it was so creative and made the mario rpgs stand apart from all the other turn based games out there.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
more sidequests, more game, less tedious character switching for very spontaneous tasks
nnfnnfnfnnfnnf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nnfnnfnfnnfnnf
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

For example, the combat of being able to dodge and possibly deflect attacks could be a really fun addition. Jedifro

I know in thousand year door you could dodge or at least limit the damage of an attack by hitting a button (I forget which one) at the right time. I don't know if thats at all what you mean.

I also liked the more RPGish Paper Marios and would love to see another.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

More Safari, Less Track

Thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I don't care if it's like the original Paper Mario or Super Paper Mario; I just want another entry in the Paper Mario series worthy of the franchise.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
More Partner choices.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
I liked SPM, its my fav.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="OmegaCookie7"]

I would have to say Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door.
OmegaCookie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OmegaCookie7

[QUOTE="Jedifro"] For example, the combat of being able to dodge and possibly deflect attacks could be a really fun addition. nnfnnfnfnnfnnf

I know in thousand year door you could dodge or at least limit the damage of an attack by hitting a button (I forget which one) at the right time. I don't know if thats at all what you mean.

I also liked the more RPGish Paper Marios and would love to see another.

I think he means being able to jump on enemies and deflect their projectiles with the hammer and what not instead of just "guarding"
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
Multiplayer battles:P.
Thecatgun101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Thecatgun101
Member since 2008 • 389 Posts
Not like the Wii version!
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I would like to have the same 2d to 3d flipping, except make it an RPG like the first two. I would also like it to be a bit more challenging, and would it kill them to go a little more into detail visually?
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i liked the n64 and gc paper marios, but i thought super paper mario was a complete bore. so naturally, id like to something more similar to the older games. the most obvious template to start with would be to have the n64/gc combat system, but with action commands made for the wiimote. that alone would be a good change that doesnt butcher what made the other games so engrossing. some basic presentation additions like pointer manipulated combat menus would be nice too.

OmegaCookie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OmegaCookie7
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]I would like to have the same 2d to 3d flipping, except make it an RPG like the first two. I would also like it to be a bit more challenging, and would it kill them to go a little more into detail visually?

Difficulty options would be nice, although it's rarely done with RPG's so I don't think we'd be seeing that in Mario anytime soon.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#21 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]I would like to have the same 2d to 3d flipping, except make it an RPG like the first two. I would also like it to be a bit more challenging, and would it kill them to go a little more into detail visually?OmegaCookie7
Difficulty options would be nice, although it's rarely done with RPG's so I don't think we'd be seeing that in Mario anytime soon.

RPGs aren't really suited for multiple difficulty options. It could work I suppose, but that's kind more for the shooter and action/fighting genres as well as music/rhythm
Negemite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Negemite
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

Make Paper Mario 4's a direct sequel to Super Paper Mario. But this time let's make the game hard as possible because Super Paper Mario is too easy. We need something that will kick casual gamer's ass. Also the game will have a new feature and that is BLAST PROCESSING!!!

P.S.

Don't make the game as hard as Sliver Surfer on NES!!!

Obamamaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Obamamaniac
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts
I don't know if I can really comment on this as I've played through SPM and only seen footage (abeit a lot of footage) of the first two, and I tent to think that remaking SPM with less dimension changing and more RPG stuff should just about make me buy the game. Just keep Count BLeck in the game, he was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
A better story wouldn't kill it.
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers