What would have made RE4 the best game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RE4WiiGirl
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

If it had 2 player I think it would be much more appreciated.

What would make it even better would be if you had 2 team levels, where you and a friend (wi-fi maybe even) could go though levels toghether killing people. Or you could just choose a certain level to play against up to 3 friends on wi-fi to shoot eachother, or just on your console.

That would have been awesome but nevertheless, its my fav Wii game. Hopefully theyll bring some of those ideas to RE5 and then hopefully again theyll release it on Wii.

Your thoughts?

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
I think...uh...Resident Evil 4 was good enough. No need to complain about an amazing game when there are other games out there that really need fixing.
Sk8nNotH8n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Sk8nNotH8n
Member since 2006 • 1519 Posts
I think...uh...Resident Evil 4 was good enough. No need to complain about an amazing game when there are other games out there that really need fixing.bob_newman
QFT RE4 was amazing even before it came out for the Wii, it only got better.
RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RE4WiiGirl

I think...uh...Resident Evil 4 was good enough. No need to complain about an amazing game when there are other games out there that really need fixing.bob_newman

Im not complaining about it all. All i was saying were suggestions and what would have made it #1. Ive youve got no useful input on the subject then dont reply.

xplay666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xplay666
Member since 2005 • 79 Posts

What would make it even better would be if you had 2 team levels, where you and a friend (wi-fi maybe even) could go though levels toghether killing people. Or you could just choose a certain level to play against up to 3 friends on wi-fi to shoot eachother, or just on your console.

That would have been awesome but nevertheless, its my fav Wii game. Hopefully theyll bring some of those ideas to RE5 and then hopefully again theyll release it on Wii.

Your thoughts?

RE4WiiGirl

I love Re4 and its one of my favorite game of all time, but i don't think multiplayer would work because of the gameplay. You can't walk and shoot at the same time. It would be weird to walk around see your opponent, aim, fire a few shots and then walk/run. In any case I think it would be abit awkward.

I think a better idea would be two player co-op in mercenaries (opposed to co-op for the story mode which would kind of change the story a bit).

RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RE4WiiGirl
Yeah that would be a good idea! I love The Mercenaries mini game, best fun! Gotta hate those chainsaw/mg freaks though lol
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]I think...uh...Resident Evil 4 was good enough. No need to complain about an amazing game when there are other games out there that really need fixing.RE4WiiGirl

Im not complaining about it all. All i was saying were suggestions and what would have made it #1. Ive youve got no useful input on the subject then dont reply.

1) It is the best game in a lot of people's opinions.

2) Not every game needs multiplayer. In fact, it can hinder rather than help in some cases.

3) That was my input. Just because it isn't what you wanted to hear, doesn't mean it's not input.

Kangakings99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kangakings99
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
[QUOTE="RE4WiiGirl"]

Your thoughts?

xplay666

I love Re4 and its one of my favorite game of all time, but i don't think multiplayer would work because of the gameplay. You can't walk and shoot at the same time. It would be weird to walk around see your opponent, aim, fire a few shots and then walk/run. In any case I think it would be abit awkward.

I think a better idea would be two player co-op in mercenaries (opposed to co-op for the story mode which would kind of change the story a bit).

Competitive multiplayer for RE4 would not work, it just wouldn't feel right...did anyone here try the multiplayer in metroid prime 2? It was poor and an unnecessary addition to an already brilliant game, RE4 multiplayer would (IMO) have the same effect. And hey, why try and make it no 1? It already is #1to me

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts
Oh well multi-player Vs. ur friend would not be a good idea becasue u have to stop and aim and shoot u know Co-Op maybe but Vs. other people will not happen
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
it needs more chainsaws... CHAINSAW as a weapon!!!1!11!!!one!!!!!!!!!
Decacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Decacon
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts

In my mind, resident evil4: wii edition is the closest thing to the perfect video game package out there. Although chainsaw as a weapon would be sick.

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
for it to be number 1? If it was new, say RE5.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts
I dont think it would be better with multiplayer. This is because the gameplay wouldn't fit and you would get lines in reviews like "sadly this game is let down by it's multi-player which feels tacked-on at best". See what I mean? That sort of phrase would lower the score make the game worse.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's a 4 year old game that still holds it's own in today's gaming cycle.

What else do you want?

Plus multiplayer for that game is like New Coke (destined to fail) nothing says scary like not being alone right?

_Devastator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _Devastator
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
Easy, more ammo.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
its tied for number 3 on my current best games of all time galaxy being the other Tales of Symphonia being number 2 and Zelda Ocarina of time being number 1....it doesnt need anything else added to it its alredy perfect
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Yeah, RE5 won't come to Wii.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Maybe Umbrella Chronicles is more of your type of game. RE4 was made to be a suspenseful, scary 3rd person adventure. It wouldn't have been as effective with 2 or 3 other people blasting all of the zombies alongside you - it would've been too easy. While I appreciate your point, I still love the way the game was made, and wouldn't change much about it, to be honest with you.
Avatar image for baseballplaya13
baseballplaya13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 baseballplaya13
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I cant think of any way multiplayer would work well besides a co-op. Otherwise its great except for one thing. GIVE ME MORE AMMO!!
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

It's a 4 year old game that still holds it's own in today's gaming cycle.

What else do you want?

Plus multiplayer for that game is like New Coke (destined to fail) nothing says scary like not being alone right?

Jaysonguy

4 years? i remember when a i buy this game i was so excited!!! i'm getting older too lol

RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RE4WiiGirl
Yeah maybe just 2 player in the Mercenaries would have been cool. Then if your feeling mean you can kill your friend near the end so you win haha! Chainsaws and MG's would be very cool to use aswell yes good idea :D
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
It would have been the best game if they made it Cel-Shaded and added an ocean that you had to traverse that took up 75% of the game because it's so effing huge.
Warplane11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Warplane11
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts
Once you kill enemies who have pitchforks chainsaws and weapons like that you can pick them up
PK-er1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 PK-er1111
Member since 2005 • 609 Posts
Well, i don't think shooting eachother would work at all, because you have to STOP, and draw out your weapon to attack. BUt i think competitive Mercenaries would be fun. Or if Luis was a playable character in it. either way, i don't think there's much to be improved upon.
Sumna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sumna
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts

It should have given you the choice at the end to let Leon take Ashley up on her offer.

In all seriousness though, it should have included a flamethrower as a weapon.

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
Co-op would be sick.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

co-op mercenaries

new content

improved graphics

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
I personally would've liked to see more use of "forts" e.g the beginning of the game where you run into the house with a shotgun while the villagers are attacking. Still, it's one of my favourite games of all time.
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts

In my mind, resident evil4: wii edition is the closest thing to the perfect video game package out there. Although chainsaw as a weapon would be sick.

Decacon
No Doubt! Chainsaws would rock my world, but honestly how gangsta is that mob costume eh? with the freaking CT, dang i gots to go play it now.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
RE4 wouldn't suit co-op
would be interesting but definitly not a needed feature

anyway wot would have made it perfect is if the last boss fight was anywhere near as good as the rest of them... sadly it sucked
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]I think...uh...Resident Evil 4 was good enough. No need to complain about an amazing game when there are other games out there that really need fixing.RE4WiiGirl

lol it was no.1 for it's generaton, it just didn't sell that great, but it's argueably the best game of it's era (arguable to metroid prime)

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30685 Posts

Easy, more ammo._Devastator

Then it wouldnt be much of a survival game, if you could just mow people down with a ton of ammo there wouldnt be much of a challenge. Ever played with the Chicago typewriter, the game is a cake walk, its fun playing like that but only because you have played and beat the game normally several times. I dont think anything needed to be added to this game, especially multiplayer. Wiimote controls was the last thing to put this game over the top.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

I would actually rather that RE4 had less ammo. It was just a shooter, no "Survival" or "Horror" in it. I was never low on ammo when playing through the game.

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

RE4 does not need to be made better.

It is almost perfect. (Damn you, Ashley's ears)

Greencrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Greencrash
Member since 2005 • 886 Posts
in RE5 not ( not 4), they shold add Multiplayer, and something stupid like having 1 boss time travel from another game and fight you for no reason.
guisepppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 guisepppe
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts
I don't think multiplayer would have done any good for that game. It is still the #1 game in my collection. So in my eyes, it is already the best game out there, and it hasn't been surpassed to this date (in my humble opinion of course). It isn't perfect, but it's pretty damned close to it.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

[QUOTE="_Devastator"]Easy, more ammo.kieranb2000

I would actually rather that RE4 had less ammo. It was just a shooter, no "Survival" or "Horror" in it. I was never low on ammo when playing through the game.

Yeah, but it would have been sweet if they had a bonus mode where you have practically infinate ammo.

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#38 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

He was just throwing his opinion out there. It's not like he was spamming or flaming.

Two player would have been nice but I don't think it would have worked well in the story mode. Co-op belongs in Mercinaries if anything.

supererman14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 supererman14
Member since 2004 • 925 Posts

The game is amazing but no one can ever deny that there are ways to make any game better.

Co-Op: I know this one would have a lot of people screaming no no no, but thats only cause you have no friends to play it with. The Co-Op mode would have to not be just an add on though.
There would have to twice as many zombies for co-op mode.

There would have to be much more puzzles that require timing and two people working together to get from area to area.

Much more time like when you were in the house with luis except it would be with your partner.

Certain sequences would have one of the player go into a hand to hand struggle with a somethingand you would have to shoot the something without shooting your partner too much.

Another thing that would have to be used during certain parts of the game would be seperating you and your partner. During these sequences you and your partner would go to complete different parts of the level and have to work to find each other again.

These sequences would be especially difficult during boss battles where certain bosses would try and grab one of you and use them as a shield agaisnt them as they struggle to get free.

For storage you each have seperate storage containers but you can swap items and weapons with each other whenever you are standing next to each other and go into the storage menu.

TheCo-Opmode would have to beunlockable after you beat the game on normal.

A need for this would haveto be spiltscreen andthere is friendly fire.(Friendly fire would allow you to clearzombies out of levels and give peoplethe option to have there own homemade vrs. mode wherever they want throughout the entire game)

Now I don't think anybody could deny with all of those features added into co-op it would become a game of the year. They would be big changes and some game sequences would have to be redone but you asked what would make the game best game of the year and that version of Co-Op on top of the regular game definetly would I think.

Now I have already seen someone say this but I completely agree and have to repeat it and add to it. Picking up dead enemies weapons. The only thing is these weapons would have to all have a 1-5 time usage with something like a 40% chance of 1 a 20% of 2 a 20% chance of 3 a 10% chance of 4 and a 10% chance of 5.
All these weapons would have entertaining ways to use them.
For example the pitchfork you could stab into enemies and then pin them to the ground or wallwith it. After this they could probably still be alive and can struggle so you can then bust a cap into their struggling bodies.
And the chainsaw...for the wii version of the game you would be able to run with the control stick and swing the wii-mote in any direction controlling the chainsaw in 1:1 and be able to hack zombies limbs off with the chainsaw. But this would be time limited, like 5, 8 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds.

Speaking of hacked off limbs I would have liked to be able to not just blast zombies heads off but also to be able to blast there limbs off so that they are missing arms but grow parasite ones of are missing legs but get spider like legs instead. It would have just been entertaining to blast off zombie limbs on top of head in blood splattering glory.

those are some things that I think could make the game better. Its a great game to begin with but I think for the wii-make of it they should have added some stuff like that for bonus features.

blockhead1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blockhead1293
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts
to me. i thought the game was just about perfect. IMO best game for the wii that i have
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

The only thing that I think should be changed is the ending boss. He was way too easy and simple. I mean, only one form? It felt like a huge let down for me. The game was so good, and then the ending boss was so easy and short, not epic feeling at all.

MrMartinLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#42 MrMartinLee
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts
Ashley as a playable character in Mercenaries! Come on, give the girl a gun and let her kick some butt! For the Wii specifically, I would have liked some more levels to the shooting gallery. The new controls made it much easier and I could have kept playing for more bottlecaps or something. Still one of my favorite games...
Daxol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Daxol
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts
I would have liked more weapons, scariest enemies and more extras, give it some more replay value than it already has and then it would be perfect.
jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

If it was easier.I havent beaten this game and i got in in oct. Im still trying.

JDiamnz[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dieworm
Member since 2004 • 6416 Posts
Consistency. The first third of the game was one amazing experience--everything I wanted in a good survival horror. The second part was great, too but then slowly started to morph. The last part, it turned into some run and gun generic action shooter. I wish the game remained that same slow, strategic village horror experience. I enjoyed running for my life into a house with only 8 bullets for my shotgun and a few clips for my pistol while pushing furniture in front of the door knowing that there's dozens of crazy villagers outside ready to break in.
Wally7943

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Wally7943
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
This game basically throws ammo at you, you must miss a lot.
Wally7943

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Wally7943
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
Consistency. The first third of the game was one amazing experience--everything I wanted in a good survival horror. The second part was great, too but then slowly started to morph. The last part, it turned into some run and gun generic action shooter. I wish the game remained that same slow, strategic village horror experience. I enjoyed running for my life into a house with only 8 bullets for my shotgun and a few clips for my pistol while pushing furniture in front of the door knowing that there's dozens of crazy villagers outside ready to break in.dieworm
I thought I was the only one who wanted the rest of the game to be like the village. After that it just isn't as fun.
RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RE4WiiGirl

[QUOTE="dieworm"]Consistency. The first third of the game was one amazing experience--everything I wanted in a good survival horror. The second part was great, too but then slowly started to morph. The last part, it turned into some run and gun generic action shooter. I wish the game remained that same slow, strategic village horror experience. I enjoyed running for my life into a house with only 8 bullets for my shotgun and a few clips for my pistol while pushing furniture in front of the door knowing that there's dozens of crazy villagers outside ready to break in.Wally7943
I thought I was the only one who wanted the rest of the game to be like the village. After that it just isn't as fun.

I missed the Village parts too, its my fav one in The Mercenaries extras. After you get into the castle everything just keeps changing, you go into another castle, you go into a sewer, onto an island etc... but still it was fun! I actually did run out of ammo at one point right near the end, right after you get into Saddlers.. whatever its called and Ada blows up the passage way, and after that theres a Merchant. Which really sucked because you have no choice but to go into a hallway type thing with about 6 people you need to kill, and they kept capturing Ashley so I 'died' a few times there. Eventually we just ran passed them into the room with the virus laser thing and it was all good.

Anyway, RE4 IS my fav game on the Wii, but I just really would have liked if there was a co-op in Mercenaries or something coz I feel bad playing when theres people watching me and noone else can play, + it would be more fun it we had a team goin on :)
Ah well, I still love it!

damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts

Coop would be perfect.