what type of zelda game would u want to see for the 3ds//3d or a 2d?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snesmast4r2260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 snesmast4r2260
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
i was thinking how much i loved the 2d games and spirit tracks and phantom hourglass did NOT satisfy my 2d zelda crave. my fav 2d zelda to date was beleive it or not the minish cap.hmm game boy advance days how i miss you so
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

As much as I love the 3D Zelda games, we need a new 2D one. It's been too long since the last good one.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

I would prefer a 3D one.

Avatar image for superfalcon1234
superfalcon1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 superfalcon1234
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

both a remake for MM, and a new 2d zelda that doesnt depend on the touch screen

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

What kind of question is that???

:S

They AREN'T going back,mate!

They'll only be making 3D Zeldas.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#6 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am sort of split.

I would like to see a 3-D portable Zelda, since I felt that PH and ST were a little bit lackluster. However, it would be interesting to see a 2-D Zelda that used the 3DS' hardware power.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

2D would be cool, but I would prefer a 3D Zelda game.

limonman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 limonman32
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

A Majora's Mask remake is due.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I always like post-Ocarina Zelda games more.
DoctorWho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DoctorWho88
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts

I don't particularly care, but 2D ones were quite special for me in terms of storyline (not directly because they were 2D), and without having to worry about 3D effects, the core content has more devs to work on it, so actually a 2D one would be quite nice.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

3D (could be done using the OoT 3DS engine)

If it is 2D though, I hope it is not touched controlled. And as for graphics controls it would be interesting to see it take a more isometric action rpg. Something like a mix between typical overhead Zelda and DIablo.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

If it is 2D though, I hope it is not touched controlled. And as for graphics controls it would be interesting to see it take a more isometric action rpg. Something like a mix between typical overhead Zelda and DIablo.

NaveedLife

if they're going to be pushing the 3d effect I don't see it being touch controlled. Maybe they'll use if for certain items but I see it being done with the circle pad and buttons.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Oracle of Ages/Seasons Remastered in the style of Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks.

Pretty pretty pwease Nintendo!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Shinobishyguy

if they're going to be pushing the 3d effect I don't see it being touch controlled. Maybe they'll use if for certain items but I see it being done with the circle pad and buttons.

Certain items are fine. I liked drawing on the map and such, but the main controls were annoying and made the game very easy.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Certain items are fine. I liked drawing on the map and such, but the main controls were annoying and made the game very easy.

you mean moving and tapping on enemies? i don't think they're going to do that. They're gonna want all the main action on the top screen. The weirdest thing i could see them doing is a kid icarus type setup where you move link with the circle pad and swipe the stylus to slash in different directions. Something like that might actually work
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Honestly? I know a lot of people will probably disagree with me, but I would LOVE to get a new Zelda in the same style as Adventure of Link, with the top-down overworld, sidescrolling action areas, EXP, and perhaps most important of all, the challenge. Zelda II is the only challenging Zelda game, and it would be great to get another one.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] if they're going to be pushing the 3d effect I don't see it being touch controlled. Maybe they'll use if for certain items but I see it being done with the circle pad and buttons.

Shinobishyguy

you mean moving and tapping on enemies? i don't think they're going to do that. They're gonna want all the main action on the top screen. The weirdest thing i could see them doing is a kid icarus type setup where you move link with the circle pad and swipe the stylus to slash in different directions. Something like that might actually work

Yeah, the combat and movement controls are what I mean. I doubt they will use them again either, which makes me happy.

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

3D.

But I suppose a brand new 2D Zelda is better than a remastered port of Majora's Mask.