What pokemon game to buy for 3ds from x, omega ruby and sun?

leontas2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By leontas2007
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts

hello everyone, I was looking for a 3ds pokemon game and I was between pokemon x and pokemon sun and omega ruby.

Now the problem is that I always found the new/old pokemon games easy and the new ones just not with not so much new features, the only games that I have finished before many many years was ruby yellow and one that most people hate but I personaly really like, pokemon coloseum(well I skipped pokemon on ds).. anyway.

I heard about pokemon sun that is different and it would be something new to the series but after the release I saw many hatefull reviews, some of them refering to the fact that its for newcomers.

Now I can get x or omega for a good price but I don't mind buying sun for its full price. So is pokemon sun worth its full price or its better to go with an older one?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It depends on what you want.

XY was all for Gen 1 fans. You do get a few new Pokémons, but it's obvious they wanted the gen 1 crowd back into the series.

OR and AS were there to fill your Pokédex with all the legendarys. There are many portals that directly lead you to a legendary that can easily be captured.

Sun/Moon tried to be different, but in the core it's just an even simpler Pokémon game. Dungeons los a lot of complexity, everything is much smaller, it's extremely easy (unless you start to turn off stuff like Xp Share and you avoid some features like this island where you can level up your Pokémon). The game even shows you how effective an attack is versus your enemy Pokémon oO It's pretty well to get your Pokémon to Level 100 though. With this werid island alone I got more than 2 boxes filled with Level 100 Pokémon.

If you want the last "challenging" Pokémon, get Black/White (2)

leontas2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 leontas2007
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts

@ArchoNils2: well that's a shame, I don't know where to get black or white. If its challenging thought maybe it deserves the whole proccess to find it and buy it from ebay

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@leontas2007: The first Black/White was decent, but for me the last Pokemon game that I spent a lot of time playing and was kind of challenging was Pearl/Diamond.

X and Y are my favorites of the newer ones. The games are very easy, but you can catch most of the Pokemon in it, and the graphics made a big leap from the DS games in that one.

I would avoid Omega/Alpha since they aren't really as good as the originals imo.

Sun and Moon seemed alright, but I didn't get very far in the game while I owned it. I hated how the game had the longest intro ever before you could be on your way.