What Nintendo franchise in your opinion look great at HD?

#1 Posted by onesiphorus (2796 posts) -

It has been many years since New Super Mario Bros. U became the first game in a Nintendo franchise to jump from SD to HD graphics. Since then, many more Nintendo franchises (Mario Kart, Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Pikmin, etc.) have made the HD including Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind.

I ask this forum: what Nintendo franchise in your opinion look great at HD?

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (21619 posts) -

breath of the wild with vivd setting on my OLED looked fantastic

Mario odyssey was almost as pretty as zelda but they compromised a bit for 60fps.

mario kart looks gorgeous in HD

i also really like the artstyle of hyrule warriors. havnt opened my copy of fire emblem warriors yet.

smash bros. the wiiU one was so/so. but ultimate finally delivered. super pretty.

--------

games that need to look better:

pikmin. pikmin 3 was great but i feel could of used a bit better textures

kirby. rainbow curse isnt a real kirby game and star allies wasnt much of a looker.

donkey kong 2D - tropical freeze was pretty. better than 2D mario. but not as good as rayman legends imo(graphically)

2D mario - new super mario bros is basically the wii game in HD without much improvement.

star fox - star fox zero was a let down(graphically) starlink did it better.

splatoon. the ink looks gorgeous and the 60 fps 1080p is super sharp....but graphically a bit basic.

#3 Posted by judaspete (2894 posts) -

Smash looks great. Same with Breath of the Wild, Odyssey, MK8, and Xenoblade. Does Bayonetta count?

ARMS doesn't push the hardware, but I like the art style and it sure is polished.

#4 Posted by Speeny (1374 posts) -

Well so far Breath of the Wild & Mario Odyssey looked great in my opinion. Animal Crossing Switch will look fantastic too seeing as it's the first HD game in the franchise.

#5 Posted by Ovirew (8792 posts) -

I still remember how gorgeous BotW looked when I had it. Nintendo really nailed the art direction for that game, from Link and his costumes, down to the environment and the monsters and animals within.

#6 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (18557 posts) -

I think Mario Odyssey looks pretty good... and runs well too.

But man I'd love to see something like Wind Waker HD come to the Switch. It'd look awesome.

#7 Posted by KBFloYd (21619 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I think Mario Odyssey looks pretty good... and runs well too.

But man I'd love to see something like Wind Waker HD come to the Switch. It'd look awesome.

oh yea! forgot about windwaker. that looks beautiful.

#8 Edited by sakaiXx (5161 posts) -

Zelda Wind Waker is fantastic on Wii U. Also they cut down the triforce collectible quest, which is such a good thing cause that caused me to hate the original on gamecube.