What is your final verdict on this generation of Nintendo consoles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1 Nintendo4evar
Member since 2016 • 197 Posts

I know some who will defend the fact that their some juice out of the Wii U and 3DS but if you really get to it, they are basically dead hell we could argue that the Xbox one is dead since they porting every goddamn games to PC. Personally I think it was great and had some cool games like a Link Between World or Super Mario 3D world an brought back some cool franchise like Star Fox that came back via a remake and a new game, it was pretty underrated imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I love the Wii U! Sure it has it's flaws; I wish it was more powerful, I wish it had a better online service, etc., but the most important thing is the fun that I get from the games and I had a lot of fun with the games on the Wii U. I think that it has provided more fun to me than any other system of this generation and I feel that it has definitely been a big improvement over Nintendo's last generation console, the Wii.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Both systems have some of the best games Nintendo has ever made. So my final verdict is ... guilty? Of fun games? And I sentence them to be replayed for life.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nintendo4evar

@storm_of_swords: Yup that's my exact reaction it has flaws but the games make for it.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nintendo4evar

@JordanElek: :)

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

I feel like this gen went by too fast. I only got the Wii U holiday 2014, so this gen has only been 1.5 years long for me. I still have a back log of Wii U games to beat. I have played most of them, but only for short periods because of time commitments as an adult. Some games you don't really complete, but just keep playing them when you get an itch like Fast Racing Neo, Mario Kart 8, Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2012, Super Mario Maker, and Wii Sports Club. But I understand that Nintendo needs to upgrade and refresh their hardware. I will try to adopt the NX early if the price is right, but I am still going to keep the Wii U plugged in. I still have some more games and Amiibos to pick up for the Wii U, and maybe 1 or 2 more controllers.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nintendo4evar

@Collie_Lover: That's exactly what I'm talking about. It was too short but at the same time we can't really blame them.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

3 DS ---> awesome ( I got 3 DS XL, 1 New DS XL and each of my have have their 3DS ).

WiiU ---> has games but lacks in everything else that make the other two be purchasable BEFORE purchasing a WiiU.

Don´t get me wrong, I love Nintendo games but I like to play something else other than ONLY Nintendo games in the systems, the WiiU fails miserably in doing that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

It's not final because they haven't stopped making games for it!

But so far for the Wii U...

Hardware - Meh. But it is HD which is very nice!

Software: I give it a...

out of 10

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
deactivated-5cc06aedd290c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
Member since 2016 • 45 Posts

3ds - Amazing! Rivals the nes and snes as the best nintendo platform ever for me.. especially If sun, moon, and dq7-8 are great and the snes VC is fleshed out. If only they would add in a gameboy advance VC, I could probably skip out on the next 5 years of gaming and be perfectly happy with just my 3ds then.

Wii U- Cool system hardware-wise. I like the ability to play off screen and the graphical power is just fine for me (720p and 30fps with xbox360 visuals is PERFECTLY fine for me) but there's a severe lack of original games. Most of my time on Wii U has been spent with super mario 3d world and mario kart8, which offered nothing interesting since I have the n64/cube/ds/3ds/wii versions of those games. Really the only wii U game that had real potential to captivate me was Xenoblade X, but the tiny text, thin story, and HUGE learning curve made it nearly impossible to get into.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

As a 3DS and Wii U owner, I'm satisfied with Nintendo's efforts this generation. I'm particularly impressed that I am satisfied even though the Wii U is their worst selling console ever. It gives me security in investing in future Nintendo products.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

This generation I'm torn. Nintendo unleashed Captain Toad on us and thats awesome. But they didn't put him in Smash and it tainted my enjoyment of it. In the end I guess I'd give Nintendo a A-. Game wise they were phenomenal. But the hardware could have been beefier.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I just found the Wii game lineup to be vastly superior...

It took the entire generation to get Zelda, which we still don't have. A true 3D Mario platformer never came. No Metroid. Smash Bros. stripped some of the bets features of Brawl - albeit we got MegaMan.

I just wasn't thrilled. We got Captain Toad at least.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nintendo4evar

@trugs26: Yeah even when their consoles fail they can still make great games for them!

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nintendo4evar
@sonic_spark said:

I just found the Wii U game lineup to be vastly superior...

It took the entire generation to get Zelda, which we still don't have. A true 3D Mario platformer that's actually better than SMG never. Smash Bros is 10x times better then the depressant Brawl - albeit we got MegaMan.

I was just thrilled. We got Captain Toad as a bonus.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@nintendo4evar: I see what you did there..

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#17  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

3DS - 8/10 - It got off to a rough start. After Nintendo dropped the price and released Star Fox 64 and Ocarina of Time, I was sold. It has some really fantastic games. A Link Between Worlds and the Fire Emblem games had me hooked for weeks. Being backwards compatible with the DS is certainly a bonus and booting up old software is done in a common sense way. I wish it got more shooters, like Metroid Prime Hunters and Goldeneye Rouge Agent; both of which I greatly enjoyed on the DS. Other than that, I'd say the 3DS has been an excellent addition to Nintendo's handheld line.

Wii U - 4/10 - The thing is loaded with good ideas, but they didn't really pan out for many reasons. 3rd parties fled the system and it had(still has) massive droughts for AAA software. And it's a shame. A lot of games could have benefited from the second screen. Nintendo's software is a big hit and miss for me. Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze is one of the best platformers I have ever played, and Bayonetta 2 is incredible. Meanwhile, all Mario 3D World makes me want to do is play Galaxy instead, and Xenoblade turned into a massive disappointment. Even though I'm lukewarm on the Wii, I'll take its library over Wii U. The Wii U has been a disappointment that I kept hoping would get better.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nintendo4evar

@sonic_spark: :)

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nintendo4evar

@YearoftheSnake5: Is the Wii U that bad?