What is Ace Attourney Like???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts
I saw this game in best buy and had a huge urge to buy it because it looked really fun and i have heard alot of people talk about it here on Gamespot. It looks interesting anf fun, but how is the game play and how could a game be based on a lawyer? What is this game about and would you recomend me buying it? Thanks!
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 parksits
Is it an anime show of somesort?(bump in disguise)
Avatar image for Space_Godzillla
Space_Godzillla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Space_Godzillla
Member since 2004 • 4100 Posts

Ace Attorney is an interesting genre, it turns something like court room drama and turns it into something fun. The game is heavily text based so if you are going into this thinking your getting recorded voices, don't. The game has that anime art style, and it works great. Anyways the game starts off in the courtroom where you'll take on your first case, the first game contains 5 cases, the last being added for the DS release.

Through the cases you will be investigating and examining crime scenes looking for clues and evidence, also exchanging somewhat humorous and insightful conversations with the townsfolk/witnesses. The game has a great story and plot, many plot twists and a cast of colorful, awesome characters. It can be pretty lengthy, especially if you take your time with it. I totally suggest the game to any DS owner whos interested to try it out. But just a word of advice, I'm suggesting you pick up the first game if you are referring the to sequel, Justice for All.

parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 parksits
Thanks thats about all the confirmation i need, ill find the first one likely at a gamestop or eb games
mac906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 mac906
Member since 2005 • 22536 Posts
You said it all Space_Godzilla. I would highly recommend this game. :)
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
Even though the game requires a lot of reading (and i do mean, A LOT), I find the plot to be its greatest strength. The various plot twists and story arcs are like reading a manga through your DS, but interactively. The court room and investigation missions are extremely well done and I find it hard to believe such a game to be rendered through any other console apart from the unique interface the DS is able to provide. The experience is a great one, even though it's a one time deal. It may not have any replay value, but it certainly holds high on my list of greatest DS games ever designed, and you still have a decent amount of hours put into it (say around 10 hours or more).
Xanatos11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Xanatos11
Member since 2004 • 292 Posts

I totally agree with the other guys above. Its a very fun, text driven game. very similar to Hotel Dusk in that sense but more investigative, and intense. When I first played it I just got so imersed I loved it at once. It feels very exciting when a trial gets heated. And the characters are very flashed out so you really get into it. Its also very abstract and requires a great deal of thought. A good deal of which is often "outside-the-box"

So hey, give it a shot.

And yeah, play the 1st game 1st, then move onto Justice for All. Ive just played the second and I kinda regretted it, though im going to get the 1st soon

DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts
Phoenix Wright was a game that didn't appeal to me at first, and dropped completely off my radar.  After hearing all the positive comments, and having the opportunity to aquire the first game in the series, I decided to give it a try.  Where the heck was my mind?  This series was great, and I couldn't be happier that a sequel was on it's way.  I'm currently playing through the second game in the DS series, and I simply can't stop.  Phoenix Wright has a way of drawing you in, and you can't stop playing until it's done.  Although the games don't have much replay value, they are pretty lengthy, and well worth the price of admission.  I say go for it, cause by the time you really want to play them, they'll probably be going for ridiculous $$$$$$$$$ on eBay.
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 parksits
Thanks guys, I have no doubt now, I am definately going to pick this one up asap. It sounds really fun and i really dont mind if there isn't much replay value if the story is so amazing.
graham_celtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 graham_celtic
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
Once I started playing it I just couldn't stop because the story was just so good. 
Avatar image for psychojakrabbit
psychojakrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psychojakrabbit
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
Wasn't sure about it at first also, but it is one great game. Get it you'll thank yourself later. ;)