What do you think Nintendo will focus more at E3: Project Cafe or the 3DS?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
I think hardware wise PC and game wise, probably the 3DS.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Well I think Iwata or someone at Nintendo already said what their E3 is going to be about. Alot of 3DS, some Wii, and some Project Cafe. Im just going by memory fyi, so I could be wrong.

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

DS, 3DS, and Wii I hope. Wouldn't mind hearing more about their new console, but I hope they also focus on giving us great games on systems that are already released (so some of us don't have to buy new hardware to play their games). I also don't want to see the original DS platform die either. The games are cheaper than 3DS games, and the DS lite has far better battery life than the 3DS. Also, I would like more Wii games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

Probably more 3DS, they'll show Project Cafe and give the specs, but I'm sure 3DS is gonna get a lot of love

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I'm sure they will show the 3DS and Wii titles but mainly focus on Project Cafe because last year they focused on Wii and DS titles for an hour then the 2nd hour they focused exclusively on the 3DS.

They said Project Cafe will be playable at E3 so they need to show it off because it might release before E3 next year.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#6 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Probably Project Cafe.

Phazon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Phazon64
Member since 2009 • 612 Posts

Oddly enough I haven't thought about this...

I'd have to go with Cafe but I can still see Nintendo spending a lot of time on the 3DS.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

They need to focus on hardware that's on sale right now. 3DS will get the most time, with Wii and DS as honorable mentions, and a short tease of whatever parts of the new hardware are nearly finalized, either the controller or the actual console.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

They need to focus on hardware that's on sale right now. 3DS will get the most time, with Wii and DS as honorable mentions, and a short tease of whatever parts of the new hardware are nearly finalized, either the controller or the actual console.

JordanElek

The system is confirmed to be playable so I'm sure they will play it at E3.

Last year they focused on Wii and DS for an Hour then had an Hour for 3DS.

This year I think they will focus on Wii for 10 minutes 3DS for 50 minutes, and then focus on Project Cafe for an Hour.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
50-50.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think Project Cafe will be a major focus of the event, but also Zelda: Skyward Sword and the 3DS in general.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
3DS, Cafe more than likely has another E3 to go through before it goes on sale in the US.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

40% 3DS, 20% Wii, 40% Project Cafe. We have another E3 left :P

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
3DS, Cafe more than likely has another E3 to go through before it goes on sale in the US. Sepewrath
That makes sense, also where is that anime cartoon in your sig from, i can't put my finger on it, oh and can you tell me the scene :3
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sepewrath
Well I cant remember the scene or episode specifically, but its from Durarara.
iAmAbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iAmAbel
Member since 2011 • 860 Posts

50-20

revofanboy2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 revofanboy2005
Member since 2005 • 364 Posts

Probably more 3DS, they'll show Project Cafe and give the specs, but I'm sure 3DS is gonna get a lot of love

i dont think nintendo has given us specs for anything since the gamecube. Or the DS. i cant remember. I expect IGN to do some digging and get the specs for us.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

15% sales talk

20% wii

30% 3ds

35% cafe

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#19 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well they usually give a fair amount of treatment to all platforms they have ,

so you will find a section of ds 3ds wii and project cafe ,

may it be in a brief list like last gens 2003 confrence where they announced the games in small pictures-marioparty 5 mariokart and fzero gx i think were the games of that year ,

but any how ,

i believe theyll talk about 3ds more and pc/wii2

but games wise itll be a fair amount for each system they want the sells , and they will by supporting their console til the very end and wii still has 1 year to go so theyl l have to announce games for that platform ,

and ds well they can do what they want with that , id keep that as a back up incase 3ds falls in

but nintendos smart ill let them decide lol

Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

They'll kick off with showing Cafe and 3DS then sit back and have third parties present their software.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

They'll kick off with showing Cafe and 3DS then sit back and have third parties present their software.

Ganados0
Judging by what they've been saying lately, that's probably pretty accurate, though I think the Cafe announcement will be the very last thing, within the last fifteen or twenty minutes or so. They usually hold their big cards till last unless the whole presentation is going to focus on it.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Between those 2, definitely the 3DS but mostly I think they'll be talking about the Wii and Sales.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I think it's a 3DS E3 mostly because of the reveal of Vita/NGP.

As for Cafe, I expect Final console name, maybe some games to be announced, video and tech demos.

As for Wii, some games to be released maybe Xenoblade and Last Story but Zelda: Skyword Sword will probably be the showcase on the Wii side.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

painguy1
Save a 1% for the DS. Trust me, they WILL say something about DS software.
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts
It will be easily the 3DS, simply because it is already out, and it has alot of games that need conformation on release dates. Wii 2 (project cafe/ Stream) will be shown off with alot of tech demos, maybe 1 or 2 playable games and several titles will be confirmed for it.
knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 knightseason
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

40% 3DS, 40% Project Cafe, 10% Wii and DS and 10% on sales talk.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sepewrath
Judging by what they've been saying lately, that's probably pretty accurate, though I think the Cafe announcement will be the very last thing, within the last fifteen or twenty minutes or so. They usually hold their big cards till last unless the whole presentation is going to focus on it.JordanElek
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, If I had to guess, I would say they start the show with the 3DS and its upcoming library, move on to the Wii and then finish up with the new system. They don't want people writing about the new console throughout the whole presentation and ignore the rest of it. They also aren't going to fully tip their hands on the new console, so it can have a condensed time. For those saying they will do sales talk and talk about the DS, I doubt it, outside of at best a passing mention. The DS has seen its last major release, they don't want attention going away from the 3DS on the handheld front. I think they just have too much on their plate to spend much time talking about sales, particularly since the Wii and DS sales were down over the last year.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="Ganados0"]

JordanElek
Judging by what they've been saying lately, that's probably pretty accurate, though I think the Cafe announcement will be the very last thing, within the last fifteen or twenty minutes or so. They usually hold their big cards till last unless the whole presentation is going to focus on it.

That is true, but last year they showed Skyward Sword right as the show started, and it was easily the biggest thing they showed. Nintendo is unpredictable.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sepewrath
Not really, everyone knew Skyward Sword was going to be there, the 3DS was the major focus and the surprises like DKC and GoldenEye were bigger than the known quantity that was Skyward Sword.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#30 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I think the 3DS will get most of the attention during the presentation. Cafe will be shows, specs will be revealed but real gameplay will only be seen on the show floor.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

DS, 3DS, and Wii I hope. Wouldn't mind hearing more about their new console, but I hope they also focus on giving us great games on systems that are already released (so some of us don't have to buy new hardware to play their games). I also don't want to see the original DS platform die either. The games are cheaper than 3DS games, and the DS lite has far better battery life than the 3DS. Also, I would like more Wii games.

LovePotionNo9

Things have to move forward. I'd expect the 3DS to be the biggest emphasis since Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Star Fox are all coming this year

MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Hopefully lots of Cafe and less sales talk on the other hand. Start off with 3DS announcements, trailers, etc. . Then they might have one or two games alongside Skyward Sword ready, for the Wiis final year. As a European, I already got my Xeno and LS assured, so I wouldn't mind if they wrapped this up quickly and continue with a big showing for next years new console plan :P

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#33 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
The new NIntendo console will be saved for last , followed up with at least one software game for it, maybe a couple more. We'll get a ton of 3ds software (and note super mario 3ds), followed up with a few things here and there over the wii (Skyward Sword of course).
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts
[QUOTE="painguy1"]

Rod90
Save a 1% for the DS. Trust me, they WILL say something about DS software.

Yeah they will probably at least mention Professor Layton 4 which is a DS game (unless they decide to move it to the 3DS), and I'm sure they'll mention sales. I doubt the DS will get much time though. I think 3DS will be the major focus with a good amount to project cafe and a small amount to the Wii.
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
they will spend a lot of their time on the Cafe but i bet most of the show goes to the 3DS as it needs to get some steam built up and a strong E3 showing and the release of a bunch of great software for it is just what the doctor ordered. I do hope the Wii will get some love to though, as its been pretty game starved for a while (The Conduit 2 just does not count I am afraid). And just to state the obvious, Zelda will get a lot of face time as it is the one big game from Nintendo we know about.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Both really. They are Nintendo's new products after all. :P

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I think they should leave Project Cafe for last.

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
Nintendo E3 1...3DS games and hardware 2...Cafe intro and testing 3....Remaining Wii lineup including LoZ SS and lots of ports of games we in US dont have like Last Story. we may know some of this, but just saying what focus will be. Either way, Nintendo is going to ahve the best E3 just because if they introduce us to the next gen possibly?!
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
I actually think that Nintendo will focus mostly on Project Cafe. Last year Nintendo "won" E3, and their focus was mainly on software (Goldeneye, DKC Returns) and those games did not meet expectations. I think this year they will mainly focus on the capability of their new hardware and how it exceeds the current gen consoles. Everybody knows that its about time for a new Mario Kart and SSB, so we know those will be the launch titles (plus I predict that will have a new Star Fox at launch). After last year Nintendo will not make the mistake of focusing on software again. Besides, other than the titles that I've already mentioned, we don't need to see another Nintendo franchise released this gen (Mario platformer for 3DS and Skyward Sword being the exceptions).
OceansBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 OceansBloom
Member since 2011 • 91 Posts
They're going to have to talk about the 3DS a tad more than Project Cafe in my mind.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]I actually think that Nintendo will focus mostly on Project Cafe. Last year Nintendo "won" E3, and their focus was mainly on software (Goldeneye, DKC Returns) and those games did not meet expectations. I think this year they will mainly focus on the capability of their new hardware and how it exceeds the current gen consoles. Everybody knows that its about time for a new Mario Kart and SSB, so we know those will be the launch titles (plus I predict that will have a new Star Fox at launch). After last year Nintendo will not make the mistake of focusing on software again. Besides, other than the titles that I've already mentioned, we don't need to see another Nintendo franchise released this gen (Mario platformer for 3DS and Skyward Sword being the exceptions).

lol what are you talking about?
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#42 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I think it will be abou even, with maybe just a bit more focus on the 3ds, since it's already out.

Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

I'm hoping they will focus more on the 3DS, it needs to recieve some more good titles so people will stop complaining it has "no games".

Could really care less about Cafe. Not liking them going into another system for some reason.

ii20JcM05ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ii20JcM05ii
Member since 2010 • 394 Posts

I think it will be equal...ishh? Prob a lot of 3DS and maybe half and half Wii/Wii2

DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#45 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts

Cafe, 3DS, and Zelda. In that order of importance. Why?

• We already know that the Cafe showing is not going to be chopped liver, we aren't just going to hear details and see a console design with no like they did with Wii back in 2005. There will be a full on showing, as they said it will be playable on the show floor and not just shown on stage "playable". So I think we will hear a lot about Cafe, what's going in in this stage. Support, and maybe even some games Nintendo is bringing to it.
  • 3DS, because it's already out and we need to see more. What's coming up. We already know about Mario 3DS, but what else. I think we'll hear and see stuff about the GB/GBC ports, and maybe we'll be hearing about GBA games also.
  • This is more than likely Skyward Sword's last E3 appearance before the release. So we'll see the almost done/final product, get a date, and way more details.
nintendo-naut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46 nintendo-naut
Member since 2007 • 8543 Posts
Cafe', most definitely. Just because it's new. Not to say that the 3DS won't get its fair share in the spotlight, but I would think it'd be only logical to show off the latest and greatest the most. I mean, I know *I* want to see more Cafe' than anything else at Nintendo's conference.
Brittany5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Brittany5
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts

3DS will be the most part, with Wii and DS as honorable mentions, and a short tease of whatever parts of the new hardware are nearly finalized, either the controller or the actual console.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I'm hoping equal but it will probably be more 3DS.
fitzokoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 fitzokoli
Member since 2005 • 3236 Posts

Either way so excited, i cant wait for Nintendo's Conference! :)

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#50 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

50-50.Rod90
It should be this. Nintendo should not waste time on the DS or Wii, do you all really want more software for those products??