What can Nintendo do to launch the ultimate online experience?

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

So we know Nintendo is launching their online service in September this year. The question is, how will they try to rock our worlds?

We know it's $20 a year (so straight from the start are far cheaper than the competition).

Collection of Free Classic games each month to play (but no longer free after the month, Booo).

Mention of online leaderboards for those games? Yay, I guess?

What do YOU think Nintendo should do? Apart from proper voice chat, lol - that's an easy one

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Copy everything about Xbox Live.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

@storm_of_swords: We know they won't though. Nintendo always has to do things their own way, good or bad, lol.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

all i want is some form of achievements. a messaging and chat system. free game every month(could be nes don't matter).

virtual console access.

those are the main things. everything else is bonus.

however if we dont get any of those im fine giving them 20$ just to play online.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

They should keep it free and give us VC. Maybe change the e-shop so that you can find games, while they're at it. The layout is terrible as it is now. Other than that, just basic things. Being able to message your friends would be a good place to start, and is pretty fucked up we can't do already.

Them charging for online and giving us an old game to play for the month would just make Nintendo online 10x worse. I hope they have something good planned.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#6  Edited By lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

They could start by not discontinuing the online functionality of every single one of their games after 24-36 months. They are making it really hard to buy a game like Splatoon 2, which has online play as a primary focus, for CAD 79.99 knowing it has only about a year and a half left before Nintendo pulls the plug.

I still play Burnout Paradise on Xbox Live, ten years later.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@lucidique said:

They could start by not discontinuing the online functionality of every single one of their games after 24-36 months. They are making it really hard to buy a game like Splatoon 2, which has online play as a primary focus, for CAD 79.99 knowing it has only about a year and a half left before Nintendo pulls the plug.

I still play Burnout Paradise on Xbox Live, ten years later.

umm splatoon on wiiU is still up. so is smash bros wiiU and also mario kart 8 wiiU.

the only reason online was pulled on wii games is because gamespy servers died.

Ihaveaboilonmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Ihaveaboilonmy
Member since 2017 • 25 Posts
meh they neeed to put fwee games like suny and micwosuft duu