Topic. Im looking for a new game to buy, and i wanted your thoughts on whats worth the time of day.
This topic is locked from further discussion.
From my recent blog post about my top 5 DS games:
1. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. This was my first DS game, and even after beating it once, i found myself going back to it and replaying it again and again. The upgradable weapons and collecting enemies' souls gets quite addicting, and the extra modes included are top-notch. Well worthy of the top spot on my list.
2. Picross DS. I bought this in August 2007 and i played it regularly every day until about October, when i had beaten most of the puzzles and spent tens of hours trying to finish them. Better yet, there are new puzzle packs to download as well as daily challenges, so Picross is sure to keep you busy long after you complete the main puzzles.
3. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. It really tells you something when i finish the 30 levels spanning the six Star Wars movies and only collect 52% of everything there is to find. The value you get with this game is fantastic, as you'll be playing through the story atleast twice and then searching every nook and cranny looking for that final minikit piece. Great value.
My Top 5 (From Best to least)
FFCC Ring Of Fates
FF12 Revenant Wings
The legend Of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Dungeon Explorer Warriors Of Ancient Arts
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword Demo (And soon the actual game will take first place)
Ya,I have a demo at #5, but I liked it, and I actually kept the demo on my DS for 3 days, and have downloaded it several times. It calms me when I start to get over-hyped about the games near-release date. Yaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! WooT yessss, hahahahahahahahaaaa, oh man, I need to get that demo again!
1. Hotel Dusk Room 215 (storywise, this one is surely a winner)
2. Mario Kart DS (can't get tired playing this one!)
3. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates (i really like the gameplay of this one and has become one of my favorites)
there are so much good games in the ds. wish i could have included them but as the topic said only top three, i should follow the rules :)
1. Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin True Castlevania fans know that this arguably the best entry in the series, with only Symphony of the Night as competition.
2. New Super Mario Bros For too long have Mario and Luigi been absent from 2D platformers, Nintendo needs to make one of these games every few years, and I'm not talking about re-releases.
3. Brain Age - Should be #1, considering how revolutionary it is. Whether or not it actually improves skills is irrelevant. This game can be enjoyed by anyone. The beginning of a video game revolution.
But this is just my opinion
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin-- Always been a sucker for strategy games. Though not my favorite strategy game of all time, (Medieval Total War or perhaps the Fire Emblem series) it is still good all around fun.
Panzer Tactics-- Pretty good and a bit underrated. I like playing games based on World War 2 and this is no exception.
Digimon: Dusk-- Always been a bigger fan of Digimon than Pokemon. Not that I don't like Pokemon, (I own Pearl) I just enjoyed this entry better.
1. Resident Evil 1
Don't feel strongly about any other games. Mortal Kombat is cool but fighting the AI is lame. Animal Crossing but the GC version is better. Guess I like Kirby Canvas and Mario vs Donkey 2 a lot. I haven't got Dementium yet which I would probably love and maybe Contra 4.
I played many games for ds...and these are probably the best
1.Mario kart ds(if played past mario kart games not worth buying)
2.Pokemon d/p (BUT....this new pokemon are BIG dissapointment so buy carefully)
3.and there is not 3 game...probably all rest ds games are just not worth their price....THAT IS THE FACT!!!
Please Log In to post.
Log in to comment