What are your Thoughts On Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlackGenjii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By BlackGenjii
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

What are your thoughts on Wii U?

Do you love it or hate it, want it or don't want it?

Have it and are happy or unhappy with it?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

It's not a handheld platform

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

its a nnintendo product....if you are an old school gamer or even just someone who appreciates old style games and colorful fun experiences.then its awesome.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#4  Edited By pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I like it! I have had mine for slightly less than one year and I already have 10 games on my collection, all of which - with the exception of Assassin's Creed III - I can honestly qualify as great!

At the same time, I can completely understand why some people find it unappealing. It is lacking when it comes to a large catalog of major exclusives (but again, is there a newly released system that does not suffer from that?), but that problem will be addressed with time.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I want it. I've been wanting it for a year now. Have not bought it yet because buying textbooks takes a huge blow out of my wallet twice a year. Hopefully I'll have one by the upcoming months. I'm still in no rush to get one.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I love it.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I enjoy mine. Despite not having the heavy hitter games in Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros., the system has some nice first party titles. I actually like the gamepad and it's quite useful for playing those virtual console games at night while you're in bed. With that said, I do wish there were more VC games to choose from. And you know, that they'd hurry up with MK8 and SSB.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

i'll like it when Smash 4 comes out. that's all.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I hate the under-powered hardware, I hate the tablet controller, I hate the OS, and I hate the crappy online service, but I love the great Nintendo games and that is what makes the console worth owning.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Like any Nintendo system I've ever owned I'm happily playing some great software.

As far as the actual console I enjoy that it at least allows for great looking HD Nintendo games. And I like that, unlike the Wii, the console has a good alternative controller in the Pro controller.

The tablet however, has not been completely justified the extra 120 dollars (?) I payed for the system. The only real interesting uses are asymmetrical multiplayer, and off screen play (somewhat nullified by the poor gamepad range).

I'm thinking that it would be useful, though, for locally playing some co-op games such as RE5.

None of that is necessary, though.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I don't play it that often TBO. I'm enjoying life outside gaming so I only have time for games like Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and Counter Strike: Global Offense. I'm waiting until Mario Kart 8 and DKR: TF come out. Smash Bros. I see coming towards the end of the year.

Nintendo could keep me busy with some great VC releases but it seems they are having a hard time getting their act together.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I want it but damn it so expensive. $400 is way above my Pay Grade.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i dont want it

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Its ok, could be alot better.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

its a nnintendo product....if you are an old school gamer or even just someone who appreciates old style games and colorful fun experiences.then its awesome.

i still love it. but sadly, its biggest strength is also its biggest weakness.

WiiQ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By WiiQ24
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I want one when its $149.99. I just got a wii for 69.99 and its pretty cool for TP, MH3, and I need MP3

BlackGenjii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By BlackGenjii
Member since 2013 • 256 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Nintendo games are the only reason to be a gamer.

If I don't agree with you 100% on that (which I probably do), at the very least I agree with you 90%... which, for me only implies that there are only a few games NOT Nintendo that I think give reason to be a gamer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I own a PS3, PS4 and 3DS XL, so another game system really isn't in the cards right now. But if I were to get another game system, then I think I'm leaning towards the Wii-U simply because it's so different from everything else I own. Being able to play Pikmin 3 would be cool, anyway.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Nothing feature-wise on the Wii U that interests me that I can't find on my PS4 or PC. The only game that interests me in the slightest is Pikmin 3 and I'm not dropping $300 for one game. And Nintendo isn't announcing any games except the usual suspects of which I've long since had my fill.

Now, if Nintendo decided that it wanted to work for my money and finally implemented UAs and got the VC up and running, I'd buy the U solely as a retro box and throw tons of money their way.

But apparently they don't seem to want it, so not much I can do.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I like it, I'm not too happy about only having 32gb of space and having to add an external for that but it's fine. I would have preferred it if they would of created a super Wii on par with the PS4 while supporting the pro controller, but it is what it is and I still enjoy it.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

I want it. I've been wanting it for a year now. Have not bought it yet because buying textbooks takes a huge blow out of my wallet twice a year. Hopefully I'll have one by the upcoming months. I'm still in no rush to get one.

I don't think there is no need to rush to get it yet. I'd say at the end of 2014 would be the best time to jump in.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I think it's a great system, love it... just needs to overcome the Microbribed press and release at least 2-3 more great exclusive games. I might buy another white Wii U and give my black one to my niece. I'll just buy a powered external HD and should be fine. I like the white one better.

If they can, Nintendo needs to allow the gamepad to control Wii games and also allow it to play music, and at least DVDs, if it can do Blu-ray that too. My main complaint is some screen bleed/tearing while playing games on the gamepad alone. Resident Evil Revelations looks great for the most part, but there is some weird screen 'bleed' of the graphics.

Most Nintendo apologists refuse to admit it should be an all around entertainment hub buy playing CDs, DVDs, BDs etc, but they are wrong. If the Wii U played all those formats I'd probably stay on the thing all day when time permits. They should also improve the web browser to be flash updated then It would be perfect. I think it's on par with the PS4 aside from graphics and the Miiverse is more friendly and charming which is safe for kids and intelligent adults, not the typically hormonally challenged teen goons humping their consoles.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

I think that Nintendo needs to reduce the barriers to development for their console. If you have ever worked in a QA house that tests Nintendo's stuff, you would know exactly what I mean. They make it very undesirable to develop for their platforms and they also make it very undesirable to use the features of said platforms.

I have owned every Nintendo console for the last 22 years and I really am sad to see what they are doing to themselves. I don't care if the console isn't overly powerful, but I do care about the fact that they can't even attract very many companies to make games for their machine. Look at all the Indie games on steam that would fit perfectly on the console that never make it? Look at their crippled virtual console that has only a very small selection of their greatest titles. If you gamed in the NES/SNES era and remember the huuuuge variety of games that were on their console you would know that they have literally cut off their arms in an attempt to support a vain business model.

Square...Capcom ...Taito...

Final Fight, Breath of Fire, Street Fighter, Megaman X 1-3. Final Fantasy Series..Chrono Trigger...Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore. Lufia 1/2.

Some of the best games ever created all one that one system. Nintendo PALES in comparison to what they used to be even though they do have the occasional golden game still.

The fact of the matter is that Nintendo does not play nice with others and its biting them in the ass.

I want to clarify that there is no way I will be buying a PS4 of an XBOX One. They offer me nothing that I want. Nintendo offers a different type of games that those other companies just can't hang with, but you can only milk nostalgia so much before it doesn't work anymore.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

So far loving it. Nintendo has an extremely high quality control when it comes to games. Mario Kart 8 will be phenomenal.

inter_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 inter_911
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

I love it, i luv the pad, the store, the games, the backward compatibility, and everything about it.

I am playing it more than any other system. It is true the Wii U has its flaw but still it's a very fun system and so underrated.

Normally i would hate any gimmick like the Kinect, move..etc but the off-screen feature for the Wii U is actually kinda handy which is nice.

Nintendo always make high quality products, i feel bad for their statues in the market now. The Ps4 and Xone doesn't even have any worthy game or a system seller and they are selling millions.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I love my Wii U. It works well for me. I'm a parent with two young boys, and I have a PS3/4, Xbox 360, and a few other consoles. Not relying solely on the Wii U for gaming is what helps make it good, otherwise I'd be missing out on too much and would be complaining more.

Nintendoland is fun with my kids, as is Super Mario 3D World. I absolutely loved Pikmin 3, and my kids became obsessed with it for a while. They were drawing Pikmin in their school projects, checking out videos of the previous games in the series, and played it quite a bit, though they played the multiplayer modes. We recently got Skylanders and, of course, they love it. From my perspective, the graphics are pretty. The characters almost look like high quality clay models.

I also have Wind Waker HD, Lego City undercover, which is fun even for me, and Scribblenauts.

All of the games we have are fun, and definitely on par with PS360 graphics (sometimes better, like SM3DW). I'm ok with that, I don't need more. I have a handful of VC games (the $0.30 NES games, free SNES games from Club Nintendo, and the few titles I bought on the Wii VC), And I don't mind the gamepad. Nintendoland is the best use of it, although my kids have been able to off-tv play, which has worked out nice.

TL;DR: I like my Wii U a lot, but I mostly play it with my kids (tho the games are good enough for adults), I also own other consoles which I'm sure softens the blow from the things people complain the Wii U is lacking.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34587 Posts

It's a great console with great potential, without many games. More games would probably result in me loving the console. Hell, just a good Metroid would make me love it.