What are the most boring, horrible most regretted to buy game you have?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamevsWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 GamevsWolf
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I have had a Nintendo DS for a while now, and i have an average of about 30 games. Some might say thats alot some might say i have more DS consoles than that!. xD
But my point is in everyones pile of games there has too be some Bad games, mediocre and some sh** games. I have never come across a Sh** game, and i dont want too. My bad games are: Super Mario 64 DS and smackdown vs raw 2009

So can you name the most "Shi*est games that you ever had
Nitrouz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nitrouz
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts

Madden 2005 and Golden Eye Rogue Agent. I actually played them a quite a bit when i first got them, but now they are just covered in dust

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts
Final Fantasy 3. Don't ever believe the hype of the Square Enix cult.
bluej33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#4 bluej33
Member since 2007 • 687 Posts
Final Fantasy 3. Don't ever believe the hype of the Square Enix cult.Burning-Sludge
How long did you play it? For a while I was of the same opinion, but after the a few hours I feel it really picks up. Yes, it's old, dated, and at times unfairly difficult, but the class system towards the end is quite deep and overall I ultimately had fun with it. If you've not really gotten into it, I encourage you to give it another hour or two. As to the original question: the only game that I really, really regret buying was Nintendogs. I heard so many good things about that game, bought it, and played it for about ten minutes before I tossed it aside in disgust, and I haven't picked it up since.
Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

Definitely Nintendogs. And they made so many of them! I can't see the attraction. If I wanted to work that hard with a pet, I'd buy a REAL dog.

MySims. Good children's game I guess. I enjoy several sims games (handheld) - Bustin Out, Urbz. A lot of critics said it was like Animal Crossing (which I enjoyed). Don't be fooled.

Avatar image for Destry-sDestiny
Destry-sDestiny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Destry-sDestiny
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts

Golden compass... awful

Stormuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stormuser
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts
New International track and field... Gets boring quickly.
michellez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 michellez
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts
I've very much enjoyed every game I've bought, but I was given Super Princess Peach as a gift. Terrible!
aaalzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 aaalzx
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Me? Sims 2: had horrible graphics and very swallow gameplay mechanics. And an awful end event (and I know the sims is an opend ended game)

Also Pokemon pearl. I bought it to know whats the hype about it and the more I played, the less I liked . Also Luminous Arc, not bad graphics or history, but the gameplay were less engaging than it should for a slow paced game like this .

legonate11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 legonate11
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Has to be Lunar: Dragon Song. I read reviews saying it was bad, I knew it was going to be bad, but I loved the other two so much that I had to buy it. It still sits in my collection, as I'm not the type to sell my games, but the last time I played it was probably within a month of it's release. What kind of RPG doesn't allow you to choose which enemy to attack, but has your characters just attack a random one with no strategy?
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
well i bought it for my brother but it was Madagascar...i played it and i was disappointed that i actually bought it
dsmylover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 dsmylover
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts
elf bowling for shure
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Pokemon Diamond.
RPGfan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 RPGfan5
Member since 2009 • 144 Posts
I got Prince Caspian as a gift and it was good for a while but then the battle style got really repetitive and once you beat the game you can't do anything.
RPGfan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RPGfan5
Member since 2009 • 144 Posts
whoever said Diamond and Pearl obviously has no love for the franchise.
the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts

[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]Final Fantasy 3. Don't ever believe the hype of the Square Enix cult.bluej33
How long did you play it? For a while I was of the same opinion, but after the a few hours I feel it really picks up. Yes, it's old, dated, and at times unfairly difficult, but the class system towards the end is quite deep and overall I ultimately had fun with it. If you've not really gotten into it, I encourage you to give it another hour or two. As to the original question: the only game that I really, really regret buying was Nintendogs. I heard so many good things about that game, bought it, and played it for about ten minutes before I tossed it aside in disgust, and I haven't picked it up since.

i played through almost the entire game and still didnt like it much. i'de hardly call the class system"deep". aside from mages, each class basically has ONE skill. a viking can provoke or attack, dragoons can jump or attack, ect. it was a decent game, but it became unreasonable difficult at the end. it took me 2.5 hours to get up the final tower, and you cant even save before fighting the boss. if you lose, you lose EVERYTHING you did in those last hours. needless to say, i never finished the game.

giga_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 giga_yeti
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts
[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]Final Fantasy 3. Don't ever believe the hype of the Square Enix cult.bluej33

I picked up nintendogs too and I got bored with it in about 1-3 days
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts
Nintendo DS Web browser...lol.
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts
Children of Mana and to an extent Mario Kart DS. Like them but they are the worst games in my collection.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#20 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
Super Mario 64 DS. The game itself isn't bad I imagine, but I wouldn't know, I gave up on playing it becasue the controls were horrible. That game obviously wasn't made to played with a d-pad. If knew the controls were gonna be that bad I wouldn't have bought it.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

*Digs trash from bottom of game box*

Let us see, the game says 33:15:27 but to be fair i'm a slow game player,I was lost and frustrated through most of the game, and I stopped playing after I tried the first cave after I got off the floating continent. Don't tell me that it was because I couldn't take the difficulty because I buy and play a lot of Atlus games because of there difficulty.

blackrytonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 blackrytonite
Member since 2006 • 17172 Posts
Sims 2 and Nintendogs, off the top of my head. Much too shallow.
crispyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 crispyo
Member since 2005 • 1801 Posts
i can't say any of my games are horrible, but my least liked would probably be nintendogs or mario 64
Redonkulous_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Redonkulous_D
Member since 2008 • 1018 Posts

No Game I've Purchased Was Horrible, But My Least Favorite Is Final Fantasy 3. It's Not A Bad Game, It's Just Not My Kinda Game. You Can't See Enemies' Health So You Never Know When The Battle Will End, The Story Is Dull, The Characters Are Generic, The Job System Is Pointless, Can Only Save Every 2 Hours... Worst Of All, This Game Uses The Simplest (And Most Boring IMO) Form Of Turn-Based Combat. I Know It's A Remake Of A Classic Game, But The Battle System Had Nothing To Do With The Story, So SE Could Have Done Something To Spice It Up a Little (Other Than Changing The Visuals).

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Metriod Prime Hunters is by far the worst/boring DS game I own. It's the only game in recent memory that I truly regret buying.
Jon_To_The_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#26 Jon_To_The_C
Member since 2008 • 189 Posts
Duck Amuck. Such a great concept, but it failed. Miserably. I was all hyped up and then my dreams were destroyed. It left a hole in my heart. I'm now going to go burn that game. Then I'm throwing myself into the fire.
gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
Pokemon Diamond and Final Fantasy 3. It was my first Pokemon game that I have played, I guess it was just really boring to me being an older gamer and the Catch Em All approach seamed really lame. I put about 20 hours into, and almost each time I played it for a couple of hours, I think I fell asleep. FFIII just was a drag to play. I enjoy old school rpg's, but this one doesn't come close to FF4, 5 and/or 6 IMO. The job class system sucked too.
garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts
SM64, never really got into it.
GamevsWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GamevsWolf
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
lol yeh i have that game and it is boring
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#30 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
maybe not horrible, but one game I kinda regret buying now is Final Fantasy 3. man, talk about something completely forgettable. And I'm starting to feel that way bout FF4 on DS. Not so much because of the story, but it's too **** hard to be enjoyable. :evil: Seriously, I blurted out "WHAT THE **** in public when I got pwned by the damn mist dragon... FIRST BOSS and I got mowed down completely. How the hell is that supposed to be allowed to happen? What's worse is that beacause of how awful the ARDS codes are, not even they help me all that much.
CloudRainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CloudRainy
Member since 2008 • 194 Posts
Advance Wars DS.....I can't stand SRPG.
DeathInVogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DeathInVogue
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Super Mario 64 DS has horrible controls and is very annoying to play. having a hard time getting into it. I also got Fullmetal Alchemist Duel Sympathy a few days ago. Finished it the day I bought it. Such a waste of time. Returned it :)
Nanu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Nanu-
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts
SM64 DS. Awfull controls. Really hard to play that game with the D-pad but its graphics were ok.
dsmylover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dsmylover
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts
elite beat angels cant paly that game to save my life
Elduque21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Elduque21
Member since 2006 • 985 Posts

Golden compass... awful

Destry-sDestiny
Ya know, I'm not gonna bash or anything but come on, movie based games are SO RARELY any good. I always do my research before I buy ANY movie based games. Thorough research. Nintendogs as well, OH and that one game that was both DS and GBA with the power suit. Just a dumb game.
edwardorito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 edwardorito
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
NFS: Most Wanted
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
I say Final Fantasy 3 as well. I just couldn't get into it and the lack of save points was not cool either...
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Nope. Worst game of all time based or following a popular series would be Prince of Persia - the worst turn-based, pathetic, card game I've ever played. If you enjoyed this game, I feel *gags* hold on *coughs up bile* ..I feel *pukes chunks of PoP disguist* sorry for you.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Nintendogs.
tinkerair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tinkerair
Member since 2009 • 218 Posts

SM64 DS.

I got this the day after Christmas at gamestop. I was so hyped for it. Then, I started playing it. Horrible controls! I'll stick with the one on the N64...

And also, Lego Batman for the DS. Its really not my type of game... :(

Avatar image for CountessChocula
CountessChocula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CountessChocula
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts
Bionicles Heroes - I just couldn't get into it.
chinygurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chinygurl
Member since 2008 • 623 Posts
Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy Tactics A2. I tried playing them again but I just can't!!
mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts
I was given a combo DS case and game for Christmas. The game was Elite Beat Agents...and it sux. (And the case was crap too!)
phantom_yean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 phantom_yean
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts
Tenchu DS. Playing it made me feel like an idiot.
gamelover1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gamelover1211
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts
digimon world, sims 2, etrian odyssey 1 and 2(horrible).
k3nne3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 k3nne3e
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

i have a question:how do you have an average of games unless you're always buying and selling, you either have the games or you dont

but my worst purchase was tak the great juju challenge, i bought it, played it for two days, and never touched it again

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#48 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
nintendogs... wow I hate that game
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

SM64 DS.

I got this the day after Christmas at gamestop. I was so hyped for it. Then, I started playing it. Horrible controls! I'll stick with the one on the N64...

tinkerair

Wow...I saw like 10 people say the game had horrible controls. Was I the only person that really enjoyed that game?!?

k3nne3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 k3nne3e
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts
[QUOTE="tinkerair"]

SM64 DS.

awssk8er716

Wow...I saw like 10 people say the game had horrible controls. Was I the only person that really enjoyed that game?!?

the game did have terrible controls but i liked how you could play as different characters