What are the best moments you had with your SNES?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

I know that some of you had SNES back in the 90s and I know you still love it.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Earliest gaming memory: Being 2 or 3, sister (7 years older) playing Link To The Past while I and my brother (10 years older) watched. I was holding a second controller, because if they gave me one I thought I was playing haha. Brilliant times, SNES is just the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I never owned an SNES myself, but my uncle had one, so I would play that whenever we stopped over, usually once a week or so.

The games I enjoyed the most were Mario All-Stars, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country and this one racing game, Top Gear 2. We would all take turns playing Top Gear 2 together and that was a lot of fun. I think I enjoyed playing SMB2 a lot, because I had never owned the NES game. And it was cool because years later they released an updated version of the game as a launch title for the GBA, that built on top of the improvements present in All-Stars.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I never had one either. I was a Sega kid. I remember enjoying my friends Mario Kart game though.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#5 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@rockfield:

Super Metroid

Super Mario World

Mario Kart

Donkey Kong Country (even though I sucked)

Primal Rage (sucked at fighting games too)

Star Fox

Mega Man X

Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Beavis and Butthead

SpiderMan Separation Anxiety

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Was my first ever console. Got it for xmas one year with donkey kong country and Aladdin. Playing lives and levels on those games and Mario all stars with my brother and friends were great times. I also remember buying star starfox and being blown away by the amazing 3D graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

My fondest SNES memories were playing Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Super Castlevania, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and Turtles in Time.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

I'll always remember Street Fighter II: Championship Edition. It was the first 2D fighter and the first SNES game I played. I recall being amazed how the tempo of the track changed as the fight progressed, and by the soundtrack in general actually. It started a love for fighting games that continues to this day.

Similarly Donkey Kong Country blew my mind when I played it. My brain couldn't comprehend how a game could look and sound so good. My mind was blown even further when I heard aquatic ambiance for the first time. I was around 8 years old and was so moved by it I had to hold back tears while my friend was playing it. It was the first music that moved me in such a way.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Reading my FF3 (FF6) strategy guide in the basement with my tv and playing the game all day long

what a god damn game that was.

also opening donkey kong country on christmas and playing it right after i opened it and getting to the beautiful snow level

Going to funcoland and playing turtles in time and telling my dad i needed to have it that was my launch game my snes didn't come with mario

Jut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jut
Member since 2015 • 250 Posts

Street Fighter tournaments on a Sunday afternoon with the family.

Zelda

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gopre
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts

Chrono Trigger

Went through it several times to experience the outcome of each choice. Good times....

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Super Mario All Stars & World with my sisters
Killer Instinct - the game I never gave back to a friend
Zombie Ate My Neighbours with a group of friends
Super Mario RPG lent by a random classmate (but I did give back)
A Link to the Past and Sim City on my own
Donkey Kong Country with my dad

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

Awesome co-op beat'em up games. Also had a helluva time playing Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Kirby Super Star,Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose, Donkey Kong Country, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, Aladdin, Maximum Carnage, Kirby's Avalanche, Yoshi's Cookie, Mechwarrior, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story(although now I'd say it's not good), for games I have fond memories of in general.

Super Mario RPG (Partly because how it confused, I thought it was a normal Mario game but isometric. Didn't know what an RPG or was or question until I played the game)

Co-op with my brother on Turtles in Time and Super Mario Kart(GP mode we played cooperatively)

Head to head with battle mode in Super Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros 3(All-Stars), Kirby's Dream Course. TMNT Turtles Tournament Fighters, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct,

Games I didn't play until the early-mid 2000s but still enjoyed them a lot and have good memories: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV/V/VI, Super Castlevania IV, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mega Man X, Super Metroid,