What am I doing wrong in OOT?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

he_luvs_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 he_luvs_me
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
So I have been trying for hours and I've even looked at a guide (which is my last resort) and I can't figure this problem out. I can go in Dampe's grave, but he's not there to race. It's only a fountain. I did the whole Cuckoo mission. I know I already messed up a bit because I didn't learn Epona's song, but I've read up on it and it's a common issue, which can be fixed after I do the whole Forest temple, but I can't do that until I get the hookshot (at least, I couldn't when I tried). I feel like the stupidest person ever, but I've checked multiple guides and the only thing I haven't done in them is get Epona. =_= Anyone know what I need to know? PS I know I'm probably just doing something really effing stupid, but I can't for the life of me figure this out. Please don't completely bash my stupidity. ;~;
rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
Did you talk to him when you were young Link?
he_luvs_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 he_luvs_me
Yep. I even played the game with him!
SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

move the tombstone and go down the hole.

JamTKD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 JamTKD
Member since 2011 • 156 Posts
Wait, so do you have the hookshot? You have to play, as said above, dampe's mini game. He will give it to you. Then use it on the tree branch at the temple to get up.
Mii_ller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mii_ller
Member since 2011 • 238 Posts

I didn't really understand anything you said. Are you sure it's the right grave?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Dampe's grave is the first one on the left most side when you enter.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

your supposed to go there at exactly 4 in the morning.. or was it 5 in the afternoon? i forgot the time but it says what time at his house i think..

wait till its close to that time...leave kakariko village(so time can progress)... wait a few seconds go back and check...rinse at repeat until your there at the EXACT time....dante will be there..

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Are you sure you opened the right grave?
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts

your supposed to go there at exactly 4 in the morning.. or was it 5 in the afternoon? i forgot the time but it says what time at his house i think..

wait till its close to that time...leave kakariko village(so time can progress)... wait a few seconds go back and check...rinse at repeat until your there at the EXACT time....dante will be there..

KBFloYd
I don't think it matters what time you go. The time only matters when you want to play his digging game when you're young.
soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts

move the tombstone and go down the hole.

SrgtSaggy101
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

wow this game sounds complex.
guitarist4292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 guitarist4292
Member since 2006 • 503 Posts
[QUOTE="SoAmazingBaby"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

wow this game sounds complex.

It is... but that's not one of the reasons why. I've played OoT literally countless times and I just got the hookshot from Dampe a couple days ago in the remake and in all of my experience I've never had to worry about what time I went there. TC, it sounds like you have the wrong grave. If you go to the raised row on the very left, it's the one closest to the front of the graveyard. I believe there's flowers in front of it...
he_luvs_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 he_luvs_me
I have been going to the one with the flowers in front of it. I jump down into it and all there was, was a chest with some rupees and a fountain with some fairies. I tried opening the graves next to it and they didn't have holes, just rupees. x.x Gahh. I've tried going to different times and it still was like that.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Is the one at the left side.

Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
There are several graves with holes underneath them, dampe's is the nearest one on the left side of the area.
Selkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Selkc
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

left most grave as adult link

he_luvs_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 he_luvs_me
Okay, turns out I was going to the wrong grave with flowers in front of it. I knew I was doing something stupid. xD I haven't played this game in years.