What 3DS Car Racing Game Has the Best 3D Visuals?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thegloryof_rome
TheGloryof_Rome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TheGloryof_Rome
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

What 3DS Car Racing Game Do You Think Has the Best 3D Visuals?

I'm in the mood to be wow'd by some amazing 3D visuals on the 3DS while playing a car racing game ... what's do you think?

I put some games to consider below but if you know of some that aren't there, by all means, let me know :-)

Car Games:

-Need for Speed: The Run

-Need for Speed: Nitro-X

-Fast & Furious: Showdown

-Nascar Unleashed

-Ridge Racer 3D

-Asphalt 3D

-F1 2011

I'll also like to throw in these also for consideration:

-Crash City Mayhem

-Monster 4X4 3D

-Snow Moto Racing

-Aqua Moto Racing

Note: I'm sorta trying to stay away from the cart racers; I'm in my 20's now and I'm trying to stay away from the "cartoony" type racers ya know? Thanks for understanding.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

On that list, I have only played Ridge Racer 3D, which puts the 3D to good use, especially given the fact it is a 3DS launch title. Adside from the occasional object coming towards the screen, the 3D offered some depth to help you judge how close you were to whoever was in front of you.

Hopefully the 3DS will get more non-kart racing titles in the next few years.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By GordanChoong
Member since 2014 • 227 Posts

Mario Kart 7? Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed? Although I am not sure about this, I want to ask you a question. But I am too lazy to start my own blog, so here it is. Which 3DS game has the best graphics on the 3DS? Here are the games that I think have great graphics based on the GPU, resolution, FPS, and the lighting effects, and even textures: Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Sonic Lost World, Mario Party: Island Tour, Super Smash Bros For Nintendo 3DS, and even Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Dreamy Luigi boss battles only). What about you guys? What do you think?

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

Do not forget Resident Evil: Revelations (my choice for best-looking 3DS game)

Back on topic, AIRace Speed 3D for the eShop has nice looking visuals for a racing game. While you do not race against other racers, you race to beat your times and to get 3 stars for each level (the 'courses' would not be conducive to multi-vehicle racing anyhow). Lastly, it makes excellent use of the 3D. I would probably place that title as my #1 title for stereoscopic 3D as far as racing titles go.

Avatar image for thegloryof_rome
TheGloryof_Rome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheGloryof_Rome
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Raptor_Herc said:

Back on topic, AIRace Speed 3D for the eShop has nice looking visuals for a racing game. While you do not race against other racers, you race to beat your times and to get 3 stars for each level (the 'courses' would not be conducive to multi-vehicle racing anyhow). Lastly, it makes excellent use of the 3D. I would probably place that title as my #1 title for stereoscopic 3D as far as racing titles go.

Oh yeah, AIRace Speed was the first 3Ds racing game I bought specifically for the 3D graphics. I completely agree. In my humble opinion, there is no racing game on the 3Ds that has better 3D graphics than AIRace Speed. And you can buy it for under $10!

GeorgeOglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 GeorgeOglee
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts

i've only played Ridge Racer 3D and F1 2011 out of that list, and Ridge Racer certainly bests F1, but are we forgetting Mariokart? that games got a beautiful art style and some of the best gameplay for racing games in general!

@gordanchoong said:

I want to ask you a question. But I am too lazy to start my own blog, so here it is. Which 3DS game has the best graphics on the 3DS?

i'd have to say Resident Evil Revelations for prettiest 3DS game in general, it looks almost too good to even be on the console in the first place! that said, the upscaled HD remakes on consoles looks noticeably poorer so it's probably best it was originally intended for the 3DS.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GordanChoong

@GeorgeOglee said:

i've only played Ridge Racer 3D and F1 2011 out of that list, and Ridge Racer certainly bests F1, but are we forgetting Mariokart? that games got a beautiful art style and some of the best gameplay for racing games in general!

@gordanchoong said:

I want to ask you a question. But I am too lazy to start my own blog, so here it is. Which 3DS game has the best graphics on the 3DS?

i'd have to say Resident Evil Revelations for prettiest 3DS game in general, it looks almost too good to even be on the console in the first place! that said, the upscaled HD remakes on consoles looks noticeably poorer so it's probably best it was originally intended for the 3DS.

Wow, you're still under 25 post, so you're still a noob unlike me who ironically has more posts than you! Anyways, how is Resident Evil: Revalations that great? Is it like Super Mario 3D Land in terms of graphics? That game is amazing and even puts Super Mario Galaxy to shame with its great graphics and HD-like resolution and textures.

GeorgeOglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeorgeOglee

@gordanchoong said:

Wow, you're still under 25 post, so you're still a noob unlike me who ironically has more posts than you! Anyways, how is Resident Evil: Revalations that great? Is it like Super Mario 3D Land in terms of graphics? That game is amazing and even puts Super Mario Galaxy to shame with its great graphics and HD-like resolution and textures.

i don't see how that's relevant? i had an account in the past but i was inactive for ages so i created a new one instead and wasn't a fan of the new site design, trying to withstand it now though :')

Revelations is a veeeery good looking game, the textures are brilliant, the lighting and particle effects create one hell of a good atmosphere and if you put the 3D settings in the options menu to super strong, it easily has the most immersive use of 3D the console has to offer, that i've seen anyways. Super Mario 3D Land is a lovely looking game too yeah, but it's not as complex in terms of graphic design. It has a brilliant aesthetic and some lovely textures but there's nothing too overly complex about it. Not putting it down or anything though, it's a great game i'm actually playing it through a second time right now ^.^

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GordanChoong

@GeorgeOglee said:

@gordanchoong said:

i don't see how that's relevant? i had an account in the past but i was inactive for ages so i created a new one instead and wasn't a fan of the new site design, trying to withstand it now though :')

Revelations is a veeeery good looking game, the textures are brilliant, the lighting and particle effects create one hell of a good atmosphere and if you put the 3D settings in the options menu to super strong, it easily has the most immersive use of 3D the console has to offer, that i've seen anyways. Super Mario 3D Land is a lovely looking game too yeah, but it's not as complex in terms of graphic design. It has a brilliant aesthetic and some lovely textures but there's nothing too overly complex about it. Not putting it down or anything though, it's a great game i'm actually playing it through a second time right now ^.^

Another irrelevant question is: is that you in the picture? And don't lie, or I will call Kim Jong Un to personally take care of this.

GeorgeOglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GeorgeOglee

@gordanchoong said:

Another irrelevant question is: is that you in the picture? And don't lie, or I will call Kim Jong Un to personally take care of this.

yes, that is infact me in the picture.

to bring it back on topic, i've heard Spy Hunter's a relatively fun and generally good looking racing game for the 3DS, although it's more on the wacky side with crazy weapons and gadgets and such.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GordanChoong

@GeorgeOglee said:

@gordanchoong said:

yes, that is infact me in the picture.

to bring it back on topic, i've heard Spy Hunter's a relatively fun and generally good looking racing game for the 3DS, although it's more on the wacky side with crazy weapons and gadgets and such.

How come it took you about a day to reply back?

GeorgeOglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GeorgeOglee

@gordanchoong said:

because of the post restriction on new users, and also because i do other things with my time besides use gamespot c:

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GordanChoong

@GeorgeOglee said:

@gordanchoong said:

because of the post restriction on new users, and also because i do other things with my time besides use gamespot c:

'kay, so I'm guessing that you can't reply back to this post until tomorrow then right? If I am right , then you should be able to answer at least 24 hours from now.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Ridge Racer doesn't really look that good, but it's really fun and fast. NFS: The Run is ugly, littered with framerate problems and has these stupid minigames, which totally ruin the flow. Mario Kart 7 probably looks the best, but can't compete with the speed of RR 3D.

GeorgeOglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GeorgeOglee

@gordanchoong said:

'kay, so I'm guessing that you can't reply back to this post until tomorrow then right? If I am right , then you should be able to answer at least 24 hours from now.

that would be correct yes.

@Epak_ said:

Ridge Racer doesn't really look that good, but it's really fun and fast. NFS: The Run is ugly, littered with framerate problems and has these stupid minigames, which totally ruin the flow. Mario Kart 7 probably looks the best, but can't compete with the speed of RR 3D.

i thought Ridge Racer was a lovely looking game, but i haven't played it for almost a year now so maybe my memories a bit hazy aha :P

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GordanChoong

All right, now there is somebody supporting me with MK7.