Well its up to super smash bros to help wii u...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Dennysinny
Member since 2013 • 296 Posts

well i played mk8 it was a good game kinda unbalanced in frustrating at times...... when your in first place ...

then right at the finish line you get hit with 10 items all at once lol !!! tried using items to defend my self but due to all the computers aiming at me i had to use them lol !

its fun but didnt meet my expectations felt rushed/unfinished......

now my only hope is super smash bros......

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Well, despite its flaws, there's no doubt that many people are going to buy Wii Us for MK8. I'm sure MK8 will help the Wii U as much as Smash Bros.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Your personal experience doesn't dictate what saves or doesn't save the wii u.

Save this type of stuff for your blog

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Welcome to 1992 (or the year Super Mario Kart was released)

Seriously, its Mario Kart. People complaining about it being unfair or unbalanced over-blow things. Its meant to be a little unfair so everyone can have fun. Sometimes stuff doesn't go your way, deal with it or just stop playing.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Every indication has been shown that this is the entry in the series where actual skill, not dumb luck of the item draw, has the most effect on who wins. I haven't played much of it yet, so I could be wrong. But I'd like to think that having so much of the press all comment on that means it's likely true.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@Buckhannah said:

Every indication has been shown that this is the entry in the series where actual skill, not dumb luck of the item draw, has the most effect on who wins. I haven't played much of it yet, so I could be wrong. But I'd like to think that having so much of the press all comment on that means it's likely true.

Still luck. You can be the best of the bunch and still lose because of a Blue Spiked Shell, of which you'll never be able to defend against with the Super Horn, because you'll never have it when you need it.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7  Edited By mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

Honestly, I feel like the thread title was a lie.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@mattykovax said:

@Shinobishyguy said:

It thought there was going to be some kind of statistical sales data that proved MK8 wasn't selling systems (after just one day at that). But honestly, it is an imposing question. Will MK8 generate enough sales to help Wii U along?

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dennysinny

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

Well, despite its flaws, there's no doubt that many people are going to buy Wii Us for MK8. I'm sure MK8 will help the Wii U as much as Smash Bros.

i dont think so..... many people are complaining as far as i see

@Shinobishyguy said:

seen a bunch of people complaining and bunch of people who socialize with me..... and on gamfaqs youtubers and other forums..... i dont have to save anything .. how about you save your thoughts fanboy

@bonesawisready5 said:

Seriously, its Mario Kart. People complaining about it being unfair or unbalanced over-blow things. Its meant to be a little unfair so everyone can have fun. Sometimes stuff doesn't go your way, deal with it or just stop playing.

i can care less about when it was release... how about you stop complaining about people complaining ?

@JustPlainLucas said:

@mattykovax said:

@Shinobishyguy said:

It thought there was going to be some kind of statistical sales data that proved MK8 wasn't selling systems (after just one day at that). But honestly, it is an imposing question. Will MK8 generate enough sales to help Wii U along?

i dont think so lets come back a week later....... i bet it wont sale much...... we can put money on that !

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@dennysinny: First of all, most people agree that MK8 is still a great game and one of the most hyped games of 2014. Both MK8 and SSB4 have been receiving similar amounts of hype and can potentially have similar amount of sales. It can be argued that Smash Bros is hyped more, but who knows how the earlier 3DS version will affect the Wii U version's sales.

Secondly, you keep calling people "fanboys" during the most random and unrelated situations. It will not insult or offend anyone here.

Finally, telling someone to stop complaining about your complaint is hypocritical. In fact, complaining about people's complaints is something to be expected in these forums. We will argue, debate, and discuss the content of the topic. You complained about getting hit by many items and the game being unbalanced when every MK game before it did the same thing. It's one of the few ways we can have a discussion in a topic like this.

THCpariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11  Edited By THCpariah
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts

@dennysinny said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

i dont think so..... many people are complaining as far as i see

@Shinobishyguy said:

seen a bunch of people complaining and bunch of people who socialize with me..... and on gamfaqs youtubers and other forums..... i dont have to save anything .. how about you save your thoughts fanboy

@bonesawisready5 said:

i can care less about when it was release... how about you stop complaining about people complaining ?

@JustPlainLucas said:

@mattykovax said:

@Shinobishyguy said:

i dont think so lets come back a week later....... i bet it wont sale much...... we can put money on that !

How much money are you willing to bet?

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

lol..so if its not MK8 then its Smash..& when Smash turns out to only boost the same amount of sales as MK8 then its Zelda right?...gotta stop with the dumb Iwata mentality of that *1* game holy grail. :P

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@dennysinny said:

well i played mk8 it was a good game kinda unbalanced in frustrating at times...... when your in first place ...

then right at the finish line you get hit with 10 items all at once lol !!! tried using items to defend my self but due to all the computers aiming at me i had to use them lol !

Have you ever even played a Mario Kart game? Seriously, are people really buying this game expecting a fair racing game? Your gripes with the game are pretty much what makes Mario Kart Mario Kart. I don't buy Call of Duty and expect it to be like ArmA, so why expect Mario Kart to be something it never has been? Research the game before you buy it.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Rushed and unfinished....wtf? Its not perfect, but its the best game out so far of 2014.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

@dennysinny said:

Yup, that's Mario Kart for you, has those pull your hair out WTF moments. Online play even more so. If you don't take it personally, it's a blast.

I don't think it feels rushed at all, there's just some things to it that they didn't consider very well, such as the end match highlights editor is very bare bones, can't upload more than a minute to YouTube, doesn't allow for camera controls and cutting the clip up. Not to mention the video upload is highly compressed.

I also don't like that there aren't more control options, it allows for a wide variety of controls (Wiimote, wheel, gamepad, pro controller), but button mapping options would have been nice.

I think there's a lot of potential for DLC in the future. They can bring back more classic maps to make new cups. They can add new characters and new vehicles and accessories. I'd gladly pay for that. As far as single player content goes it can get old quick but playing online brings lots of replay value.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so tc is mad some guy red shelled him right before the finish line and made a thread about it? ok...

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

so tc is mad some guy red shelled him right before the finish line and made a thread about it? ok...

Seems like an accurate assumption.

@Shinobishyguy said:

This exactly.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dennysinny

@lamprey263 said:

@dennysinny said:

Yup, that's Mario Kart for you, has those pull your hair out WTF moments. Online play even more so. If you don't take it personally, it's a blast.

I don't think it feels rushed at all, there's just some things to it that they didn't consider very well, such as the end match highlights editor is very bare bones, can't upload more than a minute to YouTube, doesn't allow for camera controls and cutting the clip up. Not to mention the video upload is highly compressed.

I also don't like that there aren't more control options, it allows for a wide variety of controls (Wiimote, wheel, gamepad, pro controller), but button mapping options would have been nice.

I think there's a lot of potential for DLC in the future. They can bring back more classic maps to make new cups. They can add new characters and new vehicles and accessories. I'd gladly pay for that. As far as single player content goes it can get old quick but playing online brings lots of replay value.

well im glad you are very detailed....

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dennysinny

@KBFloYd said:

yes and if you have a problem with that next time you see a new thread i post do not go to it....

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

Smash Bros should always be a LAUNCH title. Nintendo is incredibly lazy and silly. SSB is the best advertising strategy Nintendo has.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

@dennysinny: If you want serious racing online I suggest you look for another game that is all about skill.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@dennysinny said:

I dont know what mario kart 8 game you played, but it was much different to the one i played last night...

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dennysinny

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@dennysinny: First of all, most people agree that MK8 is still a great game and one of the most hyped games of 2014. Both MK8 and SSB4 have been receiving similar amounts of hype and can potentially have similar amount of sales. It can be argued that Smash Bros is hyped more, but who knows how the earlier 3DS version will affect the Wii U version's sales.

Secondly, you keep calling people "fanboys" during the most random and unrelated situations. It will not insult or offend anyone here.

Finally, telling someone to stop complaining about your complaint is hypocritical. In fact, complaining about people's complaints is something to be expected in these forums. We will argue, debate, and discuss the content of the topic. You complained about getting hit by many items and the game being unbalanced when every MK game before it did the same thing. It's one of the few ways we can have a discussion in a topic like this.

lol i said it was a good game, but just not as good as i thought,

i only called two people fanboys and why do you even care? okay so what i do what i do you going to cry keyboard warrior ? i stated my opinion on it you do not have to like it just keep scrolling next time i post a new thread simple as that,

@juboner said:

@dennysinny: If you want serious racing online I suggest you look for another game that is all about skill.

thanks,

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The game is all about skill. Sure, it's possible for the best racer to not finish in first place in any given race, but if you play a grand prix or tournament, the best players will rise to the top every time.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dennysinny

@PurpleMan5000 said:

The game is all about skill. Sure, it's possible for the best racer to not finish in first place in any given race, but if you play a grand prix or tournament, the best players will rise to the top every time.

yea i played that .. much better....

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 juboner

@PurpleMan5000: I mean purely on driving skills.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PurpleMan5000

@juboner said:

@PurpleMan5000: I mean purely on driving skills.

Yeah, but if you have the best driving skills, you are going to win races more than your competition. There are going to be the occasional races where you get blasted by items, but typically every driver gets blasted by items. It's just part of the game. The best driver will almost always be on top of the standings after 3 or 4 races.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

@dennysinny said:

You do realise you can turn off items right? If you want to find a flaw in it then atleast play the game properly. The game is one of the most polished mario karts to date, it's just the battle mode that sucks.

Dennysinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dennysinny

@Kusimeka said:

@dennysinny said:

You do realise you can turn off items right? If you want to find a flaw in it then atleast play the game properly. The game is one of the most polished mario karts to date, it's just the battle mode that sucks.

well that was just a story, of one of my games... and that was a few days ago.... if your going to talk crap how about you at least spell "realize" properly

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

@dennysinny said:

@Kusimeka said:

@dennysinny said:

well that was just a story, of one of my games... and that was a few days ago.... if your going to talk crap how about you at least spell "realize" properly

Uh, i am from the UK and here we spell it with a 'S'. Hahaha, next time you try to be a smart ass at least do some research kid.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Feels like a big rant. MK8 is actually more balanced than ever.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts

Demo out June 11th.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By juboner

@PurpleMan5000: Well thats not what the OP was saying. In the last game on wii the top guys would be in the front but the best driver not always won, in the GP also from what I remember.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PurpleMan5000

@juboner said:

@PurpleMan5000: Well thats not what the OP was saying. In the last game on wii the top guys would be in the front but the best driver not always won, in the GP also from what I remember.

Yeah, the best driver doesn't win every race in this version either, unless you turn off all items. I was just pointing out that this doesn't mean that the game requires no skill. That's like saying Halo requires no skill because somebody just chucked a grenade blindly and got me with it.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 juboner

@PurpleMan5000: Well of course it requires skill to run up front that is obvious, do I need to be super thorough in my descriptions : 0