Well it looks like the Pikachu 3DS xl was a big hit, sold out everywhere

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by russiaAK47 (447 posts) -

sold out at gamestop, target, toysrus, best buy

I have mine on the way but its surprising that the edition sold out so fast across america.  

#2 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

I was lucky to snag one this morning. My target initially had 0 in stock (I arrived at 7:30am, before they opened) but they gave me a rain check and called about 9:30am to let me know they were holding my system. I'm sure some will show up in stock as the weeks go by, but I really wanted to lock in on that 160 price point. Had been wanting to upgrade to an XL for a long time now.

Now I'm just waiting on Luigi's Mansion to arrive in the mail so I can snag my free game from Club Nintendo. I'm definitely going for Professor Layton.

#3 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Bestbuy wasn't carrying it to begin with. But yeah my Walmart, and Target were sold out at 8:00AM. Thankfully ToysRus had 3 in stock.

#4 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -
Thank god I ordered it online when I did. It should be here soon!!!!! I'm so PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#5 Posted by FroznYogurt (85 posts) -

Had a good friend come visit me this weekend from Philly. Ended up missing out on the deal today. :cry:

Oh well, good things happen to those who wait? :?

Maybe a new design or bundle will sprout up in the summer or when Pokemon XY release this October.

#6 Posted by TriforceBowser (33 posts) -

I was lucky to snag one this morning. My target initially had 0 in stock (I arrived at 7:30am, before they opened) but they gave me a rain check and called about 9:30am to let me know they were holding my system. I'm sure some will show up in stock as the weeks go by, but I really wanted to lock in on that 160 price point. Had been wanting to upgrade to an XL for a long time now.

Now I'm just waiting on Luigi's Mansion to arrive in the mail so I can snag my free game from Club Nintendo. I'm definitely going for Professor Layton.

yokofox33
Same here but I got the blue one instead Both my games should be arriving at Friday or Tuesday at the latest
#7 Posted by russiaAK47 (447 posts) -

how long before you think they will jack up the prices on ebay?  its up to like $250

#8 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -

how long before you think they will jack up the prices on ebay?  its up to like $250

russiaAK47
They were jacked up pre-release. I bought mine for $230 shipped a few days ago. I don't regret it now seeing as how few units all these stores got. Spent a little more than I should have, but it saved me the hassel and I get the 3ds I really wanted. PIKA PIKA!!!! I can't wait to get it in the mail lol.
#9 Posted by DucksBrains (1146 posts) -

Got mine at Target, gotta love being in a lightly populated area for this sort of thing.

#10 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

Didnt go out till 3:30 because its been snowing all day (6 inches by then, like 9 now). Gamestop cancelled by preorder so I said "F*** it im going to Target". They only got 5 copies of Luigis Mansion so those were sold out and they only got 2 Pikachu 3DSXLs........guess who got both!! Thank You Snow Storm!!!

#11 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

I managed to grab one after some hunting. Found it at TRU and pricematched Target. Not really a huge fan of the way it looks, but I grabbed it because it might have more resale value later down the line. 

Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Kart 7 are on the way so I'm excited to play those. Honestly there are too many games I'd like to play already, and there's more coming out. I think my timing for this system was spot on though... Unless Nintendo releases another model with 2 circle pads. 

#12 Posted by hiphops_savior (8444 posts) -
Don't have any money right now for one, but I suspect there will be another run in October.
#13 Posted by russiaAK47 (447 posts) -

Don't have any money right now for one, but I suspect there will be another run in October.hiphops_savior

WRONG, this is a limited edition.  they are not going to make more.  did they make another run of the zelda 3ds? now its like $500 on ebay.

#14 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]Don't have any money right now for one, but I suspect there will be another run in October.russiaAK47

WRONG, this is a limited edition.  they are not going to make more.  did they make another run of the zelda 3ds? now its like $500 on ebay.

Just because it's a LE doesn't mean one they're only going to make one run. 

Not necessarily saying that they will, but it wouldn't surprise me. Pikachu is pretty damn popular. 

#15 Posted by kingotnw (76 posts) -

Grabbed oue of these up yesterday. I'm not sure how many Walmart had, but when I called they had four in stock, I asked him to put one on hold, he did though he said to please hurry before he went to lunch because he wasn't supposed to hold them. By the time I got there, 10 minutes later, the one I was holding was the only one left. They sold crazy fast. I just think it's too bad it didn't come with either the new Pokemon game, or at least a voucher for even a small discount on the digital download though Nintendo's e-store.I had them price match the $159.99 with the Target ad and they did so with no issues.

I'm very happy with it. My wife has a regular 3DS, and we are now going to get her a XL because she is so impressed with the size.

Does anyone know of a clear XL case so you can still see the system itse;f? I really want a case, but it would be a shame to cover up the system itself.

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (35030 posts) -
good to see people excited in picking up 3DS XLs, I just got mine about a month ago and I'm loving it, hope it influences more games to be developed for it
#17 Posted by russiaAK47 (447 posts) -

looks like gamestop.com has them up for sale s grab them fast before you have to pay double on ebay.

#18 Posted by russiaAK47 (447 posts) -

well that was fast.  its gone.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
#19 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4971 posts) -

Well it is limited edition after all

#20 Posted by cttooch (152 posts) -

i just ordered one from gamestop a few hours ago. i checked again and they still have them available

#21 Posted by russiaAK47 (447 posts) -

i just ordered one from gamestop a few hours ago. i checked again and they still have them available

cttooch

check now its gone

#22 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3701 posts) -

I was able to get two. I'm going to hold on to them for a while then hopefully sell them.

#23 Posted by The_Joker1721 (304 posts) -
Went around like a mad man. Every store was out of stock due to online shopping (I should consider getting into shopping online!) Decided to just buy for $200 at the Nintendo world store. Saw someone with it. Looks really awesome.
#24 Posted by russiaAK47 (447 posts) -

Went around like a mad man. Every store was out of stock due to online shopping (I should consider getting into shopping online!) Decided to just buy for $200 at the Nintendo world store. Saw someone with it. Looks really awesome. The_Joker1721

in nyc? they still have any left? dont feel too bad i also paid $200 PLUS TAX and shipping

#25 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5011 posts) -

I was able to get two. I'm going to hold on to them for a while then hopefully sell them.

DJSAV_101
I hate people that do this. You're punishing people that actually want one just so you can get some money. Pathetic.
#26 Posted by russiaAK47 (447 posts) -

[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

Toxic-Seahorse

I hate people that do this. You're punishing people that actually want one just so you can get some money. Pathetic.

Welcome to capitalism buddy, I know what your saying but some people feed their families by reselling toys.

#27 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

russiaAK47

Welcome to capitalism buddy, I know what your saying but some people feed their families by reselling toys.

I know it occurs often, but someone admitting to it when they don't have to, pretty much bragging, is pretty lame.

#28 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -
Nintendo was selling a bunch at PAX East. Already have a 3DS so I passed on it but I really like the design.
#29 Posted by russiaAK47 (447 posts) -

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] I hate people that do this. You're punishing people that actually want one just so you can get some money. Pathetic.Toxic-Seahorse

I know it occurs often, but someone admitting to it when they don't have to, pretty much bragging, is pretty lame.

yea i agree.  if it makes you feel any better i bought mine to play not resell.

#30 Posted by The_Joker1721 (304 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Joker1721"]Went around like a mad man. Every store was out of stock due to online shopping (I should consider getting into shopping online!) Decided to just buy for $200 at the Nintendo world store. Saw someone with it. Looks really awesome. russiaAK47

in nyc? they still have any left? dont feel too bad i also paid $200 PLUS TAX and shipping

Ouch. Worth it though I know these things tend to get rare. As far as I know the Nintendo only has a store in NY. Well When I bought one they were resupplying the shelf pretty fast. Maybe they might have some but then again I bought one launch day. So I wouldn't be to sure.
#31 Posted by russiaAK47 (447 posts) -

[QUOTE="russiaAK47"]

[QUOTE="The_Joker1721"]Went around like a mad man. Every store was out of stock due to online shopping (I should consider getting into shopping online!) Decided to just buy for $200 at the Nintendo world store. Saw someone with it. Looks really awesome. The_Joker1721

Ouch. Worth it though I know these things tend to get rare. As far as I know the Nintendo only has a store in NY. Well When I bought one they were resupplying the shelf pretty fast. Maybe they might have some but then again I bought one launch day. So I wouldn't be to sure.

yea they usually get hundreds of systems because of the area its in, they get ALOT of shoppers in especially tourists.

#32 Posted by hiphops_savior (8444 posts) -

[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]Don't have any money right now for one, but I suspect there will be another run in October.russiaAK47

They had two runs in Japan already. Considering how huge Pokemon X and Y will be, I wouldn't be surprised if there will be a Black Charizard 3DS XL as well.
#33 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

[QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

Toxic-Seahorse

I dont feel bad at all, I actually got my ass out in 8+ inches of snow and was fortunate enough to get the only 2 my Target had. If I wanna turn around and sell them then so be it. Everyone else couldve gone out too if they wanted it bad enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#34 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
Most places in Chicago had the Pikachu as an in-store only. I could have bought one, but I simply didn't want a console that looked like a Pokemon. For those that do want one, I'm sure Nintendo will introduce the same, or another Pokemon themed console, for the release of x/y.
#35 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (5011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

JuanGrande386

I dont feel bad at all, I actually got my ass out in 8+ inches of snow and was fortunate enough to get the only 2 my Target had. If I wanna turn around and sell them then so be it. Everyone else couldve gone out too if they wanted it bad enough.

:lol: That is a pretty poor way to justify it. "I got there first so I deserve it more, even though I'm not going to use them!" You not feeling bad has nothing to do with it, it's still a dick move.

#36 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

Looks like this may actually be a limited run. Target is reporting it discontinued, while it sucks for those who didn't get one good on Nintendo for actually making it LIMITED.

#37 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -

Looks like this may actually be a limited run. Target is reporting it discontinued, while it sucks for those who didn't get one good on Nintendo for actually making it LIMITED.

TwistedShade
I feel like Billy Madison. "Boy, I'm glad I called that guy!" Boy, I'm glad I ordered it on ebay when I did (a week before release). I love this thing.
#38 Posted by rubber-chicken (2077 posts) -
Yep, got mine on day 1, went to Wal-Mart at 7am when it opened last Sunday!
#39 Posted by JustBoomer (188 posts) -

I bought a Pikachu 3DS xl at gamestop, they check other of their stores and have them sent to the city store where I live, awesome to be able to get one 8 or 9 days after launch.;)

#40 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -
I love it so much, love pikachu. Any better than 3ds though? I have a black one. Shame u can't play gba games on it tho!
#41 Posted by Epak_ (10099 posts) -

TwistedShade

They were available here (Finland) for a suspiciously long time. Can't find 'em from a price tracker site anymore, I think I should have snagged one away and sold later on. ****!

#42 Posted by BigBen11111 (1529 posts) -

I wonder how many would end up on Ebay.