Watch E3 at IGN. For real. 100% serious business.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

Hey folks.

You are probably aware, Gamespot went down several times today, and I've even heard their live video coverage was off for minutes when the site was back. I'm surprised, because I watched E3 2006 and 2007 here with no problems at all. Anyway, I had to watch it on IGN, and it was flawless.

There's the link for IGN E3 Central and the direct link for the live video page where you can watch the conferences as soon as they start. You just have to quickly install a plugin, and you're ready to go.

I had zero problems, and if you're looking for a reliable site to watch the next conferences, there you go, I 100% recommend it for this year E3.

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
Yeah GS was beginning to get pretty annoying but then it finally worked for me to watch M$'s conference. I had IGN on too so that if GS cut out I would be able to watch on IGN. That way I get to see all of it and get the GameSpot emblems :P
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I'd go one step further and say just watch it on G4 from the comfort of your living room. They have the conferences commercial free this year.
DiaperRash89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 DiaperRash89
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts
I watched it on G4, and i'm going to record it on my DVR tomarrow =]. G4 TV delivers it commercial free too =]. Or you can go to G4's site as an alternative to GS or IGN and watch their live stream
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wintry_Flutist

Yeah GS was beginning to get pretty annoying but then it finally worked for me to watch M$'s conference. I had IGN on too so that if GS cut out I would be able to watch on IGN. That way I get to see all of it and get the GameSpot emblems :Pm1k3m

No MS emblem for me this year... :(

I'd go one step further and say just watch it on G4 from the comfort of your living room. They have the conferences commercial free this year.Rocky32189

We don't have G4 here. :)

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Hey folks.

You are probably aware, Gamespot went down several times today, and I've even heard their live video coverage was off for minutes when the site was back. I'm surprised, because I watched E3 2006 and 2007 here with no problems at all. Anyway, I had to watch it on IGN, and it was flawless.

There's the link for IGN E3 Central and the direct link for the live video page where you can watch the conferences as soon as they start. You just have to quickly install a plugin, and you're ready to go.

I had zero problems, and if you're looking for a reliable site to watch the next conferences, there you go, I 100% recommend it for this year E3.

Wintry_Flutist

When you install the player does it add any goofy toolbars or ad ware or anything like that?

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wintry_Flutist
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

Hey folks.

roboccs

When you install the player does it add any goofy toolbars or ad ware or anything like that?

No, it's just a tiny plugin, it's not like Google or Yahoo would want it for advertising... And you can uninstall it after E3 cause it will be useless.

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]

Hey folks.

roboccs

Nope it only took about 5 seconds and nothing like that had to be done.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
But teh emblems!!!:cry:
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
oh great for u windows and mac users who can install ign's live stream program...no linux love
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wintry_Flutist

oh great for u windows and mac users who can install ign's live stream program...no linux lovewebbut

That's why I have both Windows and Linux. ;)

wolf360rev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#13 wolf360rev
Member since 2005 • 514 Posts

But teh emblems!!!:cry:LINKloco

My internet was down so I couldn't watch microsoft's conference maybe I'll try nintendo's. Unless Gamespot hates me again if they do why do they just ban me.

gojays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gojays
Member since 2005 • 1219 Posts
I dont get G4 sadly :(

but i agree, i watched the microsoft conference at IGN, and it was great. (not the conference but the quality:P)
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

[QUOTE="webbut"]oh great for u windows and mac users who can install ign's live stream program...no linux loveWintry_Flutist

That's why I have both Windows and Linux. ;)

Me two but the family computers running windows are in places that i cannot go early in the morning like at 9....but then again im in a different time zone than the show so i really have no idea when it starts