Want some Wii Browser news? Check this....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts

Have you guys checked the Wii site lately? They have been having teams talk about certain features on the Wii such as the photo, news, weather, and mii channels. Well now they have one on the Browser where they talk about the basics, u know, what they were thinking about in development, what they're plan was, stuff like that. They also talk about some of the new features that'll come with the final version. check it out here: http://us.wii.com/story_internet.jsp

Or if your just lazy and don't wanna read all that, I'll post some main points on new features.

"The full version will come equipped with a search button, making it even easier to look things up about what you have just seen on TV."

"And just so people can gather around in front of the TV and have fun, the full version can display cursors of multiple Wii Remotes. You still can only control the Channel with the first Wii Remote, but now others can use the cursors to point at things on the screen, to communicate where they want people to look on the screen, or where they want the person with the first Wii Remote to click."

"First, there are now two types of zoom in the full version. The first type is the same as the one that was in the trial version, where it automatically determines the zoom level and zooms the area where the cursor is. The new second type in the full version is a multi-level zoom feature, where it can zoom in on the page in set zoom levels. Customers are now able to choose the one they like better from these two zoom types."

"We're using a feature called "Outline Font" in the full version, so the words will never be blurry no matter how much you zoom in on them."

"The new scroll feature works by pressing the B Button, and depending on what part of the screen your pressed it, and the direction and the distance you move the cursor, it will change the scroll speed"

"Also, the new scroll feature will display a guide from the moment you press the B Button, so it's easier to tell in what direction and how fast you're scrolling."

"...we were able to shorten the initial startup time by more than five seconds, and the Favorites menu can be used right away once it opens, even if you added a lot of sites to it."

"In the full version, the toolbar displayed on the bottom of the screen will be equipped with an auto-hide feature...our customers are able to choose from different modes like the one where the toolbar will hide automatically after a while, and where the toolbar will hide away with a press of a button."

"At this time, Wii is not compatible with an external keyboard because of concerns like cost issues, but I do think it would be useful for text input, and it's definitely something to think about in the future."

There's more to read, and I know this is a lot as it is, but if u really wanna know about the browser, u should read the whole interview thing, or at least most of it.

mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts
"At this time, Wii is not compatible with an external keyboard because of concerns like cost issues, but I do think it would be useful for text input, and it's definitely something to think about in the future"Psy236
I hope they do bring out keyboard support. That would make the wii browser worth using.
tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 tobenator
Member since 2005 • 3777 Posts
[QUOTE="mattyftm"][QUOTE="Psy236"]"At this time, Wii is not compatible with an external keyboard because of concerns like cost issues, but I do think it would be useful for text input, and it's definitely something to think about in the future"

I hope they do bring out keyboard support. That would make the wii browser worth using.

Meh, it would just be another thing to buy. I don't mind typing a little bit slower on my Wii if I want to watch Strong Bad emails on my big screen.
Ctown_Canaduh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ctown_Canaduh
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
Some pretty good changes there.  I hope that search feature works on individual websites kinda like a ctrl + f type deal. 
EndlessGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 EndlessGame
Member since 2006 • 912 Posts
Those are some pretty cool new features.   I really hope they bring in keyboard support, because without it, the browser is almost useless.   Sure you can type with the Wiimote but it's painfully slow.
andyrulesliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 andyrulesliver
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts
I want a MSN service on there... :(
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts
There are some good features there, but nothing big and it doesnt say anything about copy/cut.:(
GFXBayleef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GFXBayleef
Member since 2005 • 4290 Posts
I just want ALL flash videos to work. I hate going somewhere outside of youtube and seeing that I need plug-in content to watch the video.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

"In the full version, the toolbar displayed on the bottom of the screen will be equipped with an auto-hide feature...our customers are able to choose from different modes like the one where the toolbar will hide automatically after a while, and where the toolbar will hide away with a press of a button."

That's good.