Wait for NX or buy PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flaveon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 flaveon
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts

Hi,

So i don't really know what console i should get i've had a ps3 and a 3ds. i liked both games on it but i only had pokemon games on it so i don't know the other games i don't have a wiiu but, all my friends are on ps4 and it has pretty sick content but i wanted to try something new so i don't know what to do

i like cod, gtav but i think i won't play those games much on ps4

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4276 Posts

If you're only into Nintendo, and specifically gonna wait for the NX just to exclusively play Pokemon, then spare yourself the trouble and get a PS4 I say. Might as well enjoy the console you have and play vs your friends.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

Kinda sounds like you prefer Nintendo... maybe wait for NX.

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

I'd wait at least until the new PS4 is announced. I wouldn't want to buy a PS4 if an upgraded model is around the corner.

By the way, 3ds has a ton of good games, especially if you count the DS library. You could play a few of them while waiting for more news of PS4 Neo and NX. If I'd have to recommend one game it would be The World Ends With You. The new pokemon game is just around the corner too and it looks amazing.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5 nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

Get a ps4.There are a lot of good games on it both released and upcoming

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

wait for nx.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#7 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Let's look at the facts about the conflict you are having in life and devise a strategy tailored just for you!

There's a new PS4 coming out and we don't know for sure what NX is gonna be. I think you should wait until you have all available information!

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5296 Posts

Since you are bringing up the PS4, you should have ask this question in the System Wars forum. We are not allowed to talk about non-Nintendo systems here.

Anyway, to answer your question, wait for NX information before making your decision.

HappyOrchard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HappyOrchard
Member since 2016 • 4 Posts

I'm going to cheat and say get both! ;)

But seriously, I agree with the above advice that you should wait for the NX reveal before buying anything. There's plenty of info around, both confirmed and rumors, for the PS4 family. You essentially have your choice of the ridiculously likely PS4 slim or wait for the PS4 Neo on Sony's side, and then the NX on the Nintendo's side, whatever that ends up being. But I guess if you're just asking which one to get FIRST, I would say which ever is released first.

Amoox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Amoox
Member since 2016 • 23 Posts

Now that we know What the PS4 PRO is...

Wait for the NX.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Wait for NX reveal, see if it's what you want, if not go with one of the upcoming PS4's, Slim or Pro.

Avatar image for Jago-Vs-Fulgore
Jago-Vs-Fulgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Jago-Vs-Fulgore
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts

Your best answer:

Dude.. buy a ps4.. You can get one of the older model's for as low as $200 bucks which doesn't break the bank.. Am sure that little bit of money won't hurt you ALL THE WAY UP TILL A MARCH 2017 Nx Release.. LOL!.. There are 6-7 major Holidays to look forward to until Nintendo releases there new system.. Don't be sitting around till then with nothing to play :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@flaveon: Life's too short; make what you will of what time you have left on the planet.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Depends what you want. The PS4 has a big library ready for you to play right now while the NX only has like 3 that are still being worked on. The PS4 has a nice selection of 2D indie games that store little memory space unless you're looking for indie games that have more of an open world which will take up 30gb+. I mostly stick with 2D indies so, I still have plenty of space on my PS4. Each AAA title are 30 gigs or more and the system only holds 500gb. You're going to get to a point where you have to delete games to play new ones. Eaxh game has to be installed, the games no longer run off the disc which renoves the putpose of hard copies. Its secretely a digital only system. The discs are there for DRM purposes I guess. If you buy the disc, you need it to play the game for some reason, even though the PS4 installs the entire thing into its HDD.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Get both and build a mash up Nintento PlayStation console.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you and have a PS3 and 3DS...I'm going to be picking up a PS4 slim in the next couple of months so if I were you, I'd get the PS4 since it already has a reputable library coming out with must-buy games like Persona 5 and Final Fantasy VII/XV. I'd give the NX some time to develop an extensive library of games (if it ends up getting good support).

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 16020 Posts

Well you just that reveal so if you are a nintendo fan you moght want to go buy a NSwitch. Personally I would go buy a ps4 pro first, let the NSwitch fall down in price and the updates to fix thing rolls out, then I may buy a nintendo switch.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I'd skip the PS4 Bore, it's just a wannabe PC. Go with Nintendo Switch all the way.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

@flaveon said:

Hi,

So i don't really know what console i should get i've had a ps3 and a 3ds. i liked both games on it but i only had pokemon games on it so i don't know the other games i don't have a wiiu but, all my friends are on ps4 and it has pretty sick content but i wanted to try something new so i don't know what to do

i like cod, gtav but i think i won't play those games much on ps4

Honestly, wait it out. The PS3 has a much larger library of games than any newer console. By summer next year, the current gen should (key word here) have a handful of solid games. Right now, what would you play?

In terms of the Switch, see where Nintendo goes with it. Will they be able to deliver both a 1st party and 3rd party powerhouse like the SNES or not. We'' find out within months of release. Also, look out for specs, online capabilities, if those tiny controllers even work etc.