Wait a minute the ending of Twilgiht Princess......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
#1 Posted by EpiphoneMan2008 (7169 posts) -

ok i won and watched ALL THOSE CREDITS, then watched the awesome videos. Then it says THE END!!! and then ports me back to the front of the Hyrule Castle and then thats IT!!! There is NOTHING! i wanted to walk around and talk to people after Ganondorfs death........

#2 Posted by Tikicobra (2058 posts) -
Don't all Zelda games do that?
#3 Posted by EpiphoneMan2008 (7169 posts) -
ya but i was hoping this one would be different, i got all exited to explore and talk to these people i saw in the credits........
#4 Posted by JuarN18 (4981 posts) -

Is just... text

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
#5 Posted by deactivated-5967f36c08c33 (15614 posts) -

This thread brings up an excellent point.I would like to explore around Hyrule after beating the final boss,and see how everyone was affected and find some new goodies.Off the top of my head,only Oracle of Ages implemented an idea like this,and while the overworld wasn't overwhelmingly changed,it did have a couple of nice touches here and there.

#6 Posted by EpiphoneMan2008 (7169 posts) -

This thread brings up an excellent point.I would like to explore around Hyrule after beating the final boss,and see how everyone was affected and find some new goodies.Off the top of my head,only Oracle of Ages implemented an idea like this,and while the overworld wasn't overwhelmingly changed,it did have a couple of nice touches here and there.

VGobbsesser

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Posted by Sepewrath (30131 posts) -
Don't all Zelda games do that?Tikicobra
Pretty much all games in general do that, you don't walk around after Mario talking about how bad you beat Bowser, or as Kratos bragging about how many Gods you killed. Minus a few RPG's when its over, its over, what do you expect the game to go on forever?
#8 Posted by clicketyclick (7136 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Don't all Zelda games do that?Sepewrath
Pretty much all games in general do that, you don't walk around after Mario talking about how bad you beat Bowser

... Did you even play Super Paper Mario?
#9 Posted by EpiphoneMan2008 (7169 posts) -
it would still be nice to do that
#10 Posted by Sepewrath (30131 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Don't all Zelda games do that?clicketyclick
Pretty much all games in general do that, you don't walk around after Mario talking about how bad you beat Bowser

No but I played every main series Mario game from SMB-Galaxy and even the handhelds and games like SMRPG and Luigi's Mansion and you don't go on after the game is over. One exception does not change that fact, especially since you completely omitted the fact that I said most AND I said RPG's sometimes let you go on.
#11 Posted by clicketyclick (7136 posts) -
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"] Pretty much all games in general do that, you don't walk around after Mario talking about how bad you beat Bowser Sepewrath

No but I played every main series Mario game from SMB-Galaxy and even the handhelds and games like SMRPG and Luigi's Mansion and you don't go on after the game is over. One exception does not change that fact, especially since you completely omitted the fact that I said most AND I said RPG's sometimes let you go on.

SPM is even less of an RPG than Zelda is. The reason people want the game to continue after the end with RPGs is to complete side missions, and that is the exact same reason why people want it in Zelda games. So getting precise about genre categorisation is rather beside the point. If there are side missions, the game should go on. The world, very obviously, doesn't end when the game does. I really liked the way SPM allowed you to keep playing after you finished the game, and you talk to the locals and they act differently, but you can go back into the various worlds and carry on with collecting things and completing the challenges and stuff. It's great! And you don't feel the weight of the world hanging over you or feel guilty for indulging in side-quests when the world is ending. :P
#12 Posted by nnfnnfnfnnfnnf (188 posts) -

I really liked the way SPM allowed you to keep playing after you finished the game, and you talk to the locals and they act differently, but you can go back into the various worlds and carry on with collecting things and completing the challenges and stuff. It's great! And you don't feel the weight of the world hanging over you or feel guilty for indulging in side-quests when the world is ending. :Pclicketyclick

Your last line brings up an excellent point. Some games sort of push you along and you can miss things and other times well even if the game doesn't push you, you'd like to go see the next level and you miss things. I mean sure in Zelda I could go and collect all the heart pieces and stuff before I fight Ganandorf but it does feel awfully weird to just wander around searching for them, while the Hyrule is in dire straits. I'm sure it would be a bit more work for Nintendo but I think it would be a nice addition. The only negative I can see is that maybe they want that big climax of fighting Ganondorf to be the last thing you experience in the game.

#13 Posted by cynwri8 (308 posts) -
I am so glad I was not the only person pissed at that ending! I wanted to throw the game out the window when I realised that was the end of the game. I, too, wanted to walk around and talk to people after saving their butts from Gannon. Would a little Thank You at the end be too much to ask for? It was just OVER. No extra little quests or just wandering around trying out things, nothing. I beat that game when it was first released and I'm still not over it.
#14 Posted by Sepewrath (30131 posts) -
With Zelda you can wander around all you want before you beat the game, even after you beat it's not like it just takes you back to the beginning. You can just start up again before the last battle and go finish whatever you may have missed. However you want them to go about recording(voice chat maybe next Zelda) or creating a ton of text for people to "yay! you beat Ganon, congratulations"? Also Hyrule is like a small town, nothing ever happens, then something big comes along and gets the locals all riled up. The situation is resolved and then everything goes back to normal with nothing happening. What do you want to do after the quest is over, herd some goats? fishing?random roaming? you can do that as much as you want before the credits roll. Zelda is not the type of game that lends itself to continuation after the main adventure is over, most games aren't. Something like Fallout where random events occur like being attacked by some Enclave soilders or coming upon Super Mutants with a hostage, a game like that can go on. But with Zelda everything is scripted and repeated and there is no story to tell after the events that rocked the place, except for talking about that event.
#15 Posted by EpiphoneMan2008 (7169 posts) -

With Zelda you can wander around all you want before you beat the game, even after you beat it's not like it just takes you back to the beginning. You can just start up again before the last battle and go finish whatever you may have missed. However you want them to go about recording(voice chat maybe next Zelda) or creating a ton of text for people to "yay! you beat Ganon, congratulations"? Also Hyrule is like a small town, nothing ever happens, then something big comes along and gets the locals all riled up. The situation is resolved and then everything goes back to normal with nothing happening. What do you want to do after the quest is over, herd some goats? fishing?random roaming? you can do that as much as you want before the credits roll. Zelda is not the type of game that lends itself to continuation after the main adventure is over, most games aren't. Something like Fallout where random events occur like being attacked by some Enclave soilders or coming upon Super Mutants with a hostage, a game like that can go on. But with Zelda everything is scripted and repeated and there is no story to tell after the events that rocked the place, except for talking about that event.Sepewrath

ya that kinda is what i want..............

#16 Posted by pierst179 (10805 posts) -

VGobbsesser

I agree even though I am not bothered the fact that the game doesn't save after you beat it.

One great example of a game that had a fantastic ending because it allowed the main character to see how everybody is doing after he saved the world is Earthbound.

#17 Posted by cynwri8 (308 posts) -
Exactly! Earthbound got it right. As for Zelda, yes, I do want that at the end of the game. Hyrule isn't just a small town, it's a kingdom. Zelda should have been giving a celebration in my honor. She's a princess, she's able to do that kind of stuff. I saved her, a cake and some balloons would have been nice. Invite a few Gorgons and some of the local towns folk. Something.
#18 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (35604 posts) -

Uhh, I really don't care, to be honest. I do not care whether a game has different dialogue for NPC after beating a game, and also, even when you beat a game, you can return to where you previously saved and continue to do side stuff from there. Or you could just do all side stuff, and THEN beat the game.

I thought Twilight Princess's ending was okay.

#19 Posted by Hungry_Jello (3024 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="Tikicobra"]Don't all Zelda games do that?clicketyclick

For the record. Super Mario Galaxy let you return after beating Bowser. The Princess says something like "Oh! You've returned.". Also, Paper Mario 2 let you play after you beat teh finalz b0ss. Everyone acts different and stuff.

#20 Posted by funsohng (29976 posts) -
well most of the rpgs+free roaming games nowadays support new game+, so why not zelda.
#21 Posted by freek666 (22312 posts) -

VGobbsesser

That's because that game kicked huge amounts of arse. Seasons and Ages are by far my favourite LoZ games, and I own them all barring Windwaker, but I don't think that will topple the Oracle of games.

#22 Posted by hiyo2345 (56 posts) -

well most of the rpgs+free roaming games nowadays support new game+, so why not zelda.funsohng

Thats a good idea, something like Kingdom Hearts where you fight newer bosses and such. I really hope that is implemented in the new Zelda games :?

#23 Posted by ChildOfGaming7 (1009 posts) -

(I really don't want to spoil anything) Isn't she HOT!!?!?!?!

But most 3D Zelda games just put you before you beat Ganon or allow you to start a new quest....But the latter isnot this game for some reason...

#24 Posted by hiyo2345 (56 posts) -

[spoiler] Well Midna did have that WOW factor to her ;) [/spoiler]

#25 Posted by awssk8er716 (8485 posts) -

I was really pissed when I saw this too.

#26 Posted by SMR-Venom (6500 posts) -

Well Midna did have that WOW factor to her ;)

hiyo2345

I'll give you that :P

#27 Posted by doombringer175 (1499 posts) -

I beat the game, and was teleported back infront. I was hoping one of three things would happen.

1. You find yourself at the begining with some odd second play through content, ex. link stays in original clothes.
  2. You do get so see life after the defeat, but on second thought most people never knew about Ganon or his plans so that would be a little weird, but you could complete all the side tasks.
  3. Some alternate ending for a second play around.

I would want anything to keep going

#28 Posted by TheColbert (3846 posts) -

VGobbsesser
Yeah I see what you are saying. I like how in Fable, people around the map talk about events you have been in and some of the people you have fought.