Vote on your favorite RPG series. (Poll inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by starfox15 (3982 posts) -
Just thought I'd get an idea about what Nintendo DS users prefer when it comes to RPG's. I understand this will come with bias but w/e. :P Honestly, for me it just doesn't get any better than the Pokemon series. I've been kinda disappointed by the Final Fantasy series to be quite honest. Anyway, let your voice be heard!
#2 Posted by cloudff7tm (3975 posts) -

My favorite RPG series is Final Fantasy. My second favorite series is probably the Tales of series.

#3 Posted by hack-shinobi (3543 posts) -

My favorite RPG series is Final Fantasy. My second favorite series is probably the Tales of series.

cloudff7tm

Same here!

#4 Posted by alex24r (226 posts) -

I don't know it the Legend of zelda is a RPG but it will be great to count it. I know it hasn't come out yet but I will be great.

#5 Posted by Rockhopper_45 (1045 posts) -

I don't know it the Legend of zelda is a RPG but it will be great to count it. I know it hasn't come out yet but I will be great.

alex24r
zelda's not a rpg
#6 Posted by sosa30 (307 posts) -
Pokemon, i havent got to try the FF games yet so.......yeah
#7 Posted by FaytOfId (90 posts) -

Star Ocean. End of story, in my mind is the best RPG series (looking at the two games that I played).

Then probably Chrono Trigger/Cross

Final Fantasy

Lunar

Tales

Xeno

#8 Posted by ThisistheHenry (112 posts) -

Final Fantasy are always great, so I feel no need to express my love for those, but a continuation of the Golden Sun series would be great. However, much care would need to be taken in making a Golden Sun again, since a lot of the charm was in the great world design.

However, Final Fantasy games are the best out there (IMO) hands down.

Avatar image for lovetheblindone
#9 Posted by lovetheblindone (1733 posts) -
I couldn't just pick one...
#10 Posted by Bladefighter23 (1201 posts) -
Can I pick Golden Sun?
#11 Posted by Boba_Fett_3710 (8783 posts) -
[QUOTE="alex24r"]

Rockhopper_45

zelda's not a rpg

Yes it is, or it was rather. You understand that RPG was once done on pen and paper in the 80s and often involved dungeon crawling. So by definition Zelda is an RPG.

#12 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -
hey, u forgot about the "others" options. read my sig and u'll see what i want for the DS or for anything they want to release. tales of is also included on the list.(symphonia was the best ever, thats why it became an anime). the new golden sun could be a remake of the first with polished visual, extras, and longer story mode. or they could make it a new one, passed years before/after the main 2 books(yes, books.u see this something like 3 times if u beat both games/books)
#13 Posted by BrunoBRS (74156 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rockhopper_45"][QUOTE="alex24r"]

Boba_Fett_3710

zelda's not a rpg

Yes it is, or it was rather. You understand that RPG was once done on pen and paper in the 80s and often involved dungeon crawling. So by definition Zelda is an RPG.

i was writing when u posted this and u r right, zelda IS an RPG. RPG is not = Lv up

#14 Posted by -Murdock- (2767 posts) -

hey, u forgot about the "others" options. read my sig and u'll see what i want for the DSBrunoBRS

Ironic you call for new franchises in your signature, yet scream for Zelda and Golden sun. Also..Mario RPG isn't a series. Earthbound has a great second game, but the triology isn't anything incredible on the whole...the latest one apparently having a very odd and abrupt ending. Zelda is an RPG and yes this could be one of the most poorly constructed posts I've done in awhile. I gotta go potty.

#15 Posted by Ehlohim (293 posts) -
Final Fantasy but no Dragon Quest?? You know that Dragon Quest was the first console RPG don't you?
#16 Posted by monkeytoes61 (8399 posts) -

the first mario rpg on SNES was amazing.

#17 Posted by Boba_Fett_3710 (8783 posts) -

the first mario rpg on SNES was amazing.

monkeytoes61

I still have the Mario RPG SNES cart. It was not only the best RPG game with Mario, it was the best RPG I have ever played.

#18 Posted by darthlgp (486 posts) -
MOTHER series...not just Earthbound :)
Avatar image for Eternal_Phoenix
#19 Posted by Eternal_Phoenix (9227 posts) -
I went with Mario RPG since it more original that most long running RPGs, ex FF.
#20 Posted by maxthebuilder (179 posts) -
You should put other on there. I like the fallout and baldurs gate series way more than all of those put together.
#21 Posted by rikyjohnson (25 posts) -
zelda would rock all other rpgs if it was an action rpg or traditional rpg
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
#22 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -
Golden Sun. This thread fails because the lack of it being mentioned. :evil:
#23 Posted by Kwiksilva (467 posts) -
The tales series is my favorite by far
#24 Posted by starfox15 (3982 posts) -
Yeesh guess I did forget an other option. Bummer. Well I was trying to make it somewhat different and tried to make ppl decide on those 5. :twisted: Well w/e. better luck next time.
#25 Posted by AlexandriaZ (25107 posts) -
I am a fan of the Chrono Series, the Lunar Series, Final Fantasy series, Valkyrie Profile series and the Tales saga (especially Abyss).
#26 Posted by SoldatKnight (1554 posts) -
I thought Chrono Trigger/Cross were amazing.
Avatar image for Kratos_Aurion56
#27 Posted by Kratos_Aurion56 (6050 posts) -
Its a tie between FF & Tales of :P
#28 Posted by mike0015 (541 posts) -
Mario Series. Iv'e Never Played Super Mario RPG for SNES but everyone says its awsome. Paper Mario TTYD is the best iv'e ever played. but it does get repetitive if you play it 24/7
#29 Posted by ricothehat (404 posts) -
I put down Earthbound as the entire feel of the game is dead on for me. However, Secret of Mana is probably near it, as it really had everything a great RPG should, and the multiplayer was a great addition that I haven't found in any game since.
#30 Posted by ninfan113 (152 posts) -

WTF!!! noone said EB

Paper mario is also awesome

#31 Posted by 1aRmAnDo1 (238 posts) -
I love Final Fantasy. I used to like pokemon, but FF was just better
#32 Posted by draftrough (502 posts) -
chrono trigger deffinatly kills ff, because ff is so lame its just boring and the same game and story over and over and im sick of guys that look like prepubescent young girls
#33 Posted by Joshunar (109 posts) -

Final Fantasy but no Dragon Quest?? You know that Dragon Quest was the first console RPG don't you?Ehlohim

yeah how could you forget dragon quest.

#34 Posted by Luminouslight (6397 posts) -
Where the heck is golden sun:x .
#35 Posted by salamancecool (963 posts) -
Im going to go with pokemon.
#36 Posted by -Prime- (964 posts) -
I like the Dragon Quest series.
#37 Posted by legendofwii (95 posts) -
i would go with earth bound because it was one of my first and favorite rpg out there at the time
#38 Posted by Arkknon (109 posts) -
Final Fantasy is by far my favorite RPG series. However, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, made by Square on the SNES, is my favorite single RPG.