Virtual console games through component

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by joshpetty (403 posts) -

Pretty simple , why dont my virtual console games work through component cables. I hear sound but get no picture ? Anyone clear this up for me. Thanks

#2 Posted by FFCYAN (4964 posts) -

What kind of TV are you using?

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
#3 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2107 posts) -
Maybe your cables are wrong, because I have no problem playing them in 480p, other than having to scale them manually to 4:3, but sound works just fine.
#4 Posted by joshpetty (403 posts) -

Im using a brand new lcd sammy 656 with official wii component cables. Its weird because when i load the games up i get a blank screen sometimes with sound sometimes without, if i press the wii home button i get the usual options and then i can see the game in the background but when i click close to return to the game i get nothing again. Maybe a fault with the tv but i thought id come here to see wether im missing a setting or something ?

#5 Posted by travt-down (1549 posts) -
Make sure your Wii video settings are set to 480p. I have no probs with mine.
#6 Posted by joshpetty (403 posts) -
My screen settings are set to 480p, anyway ive been doing a bit of research and ive found that nintendo released a update last year that aparently addressed some issues with component cables on pal wii's on lcd tv's. But to enable it you have to go into the operations menu and hold z, a and 1 or 2. It worked but only with certain games. Super mario world and SOR1 still dont work.
#7 Posted by zenszulu (1907 posts) -
I have a simmilar problem with certain games they dont display properly on my TV through component, bust so far all the games I have that work through it are Sin and Punishment, Yoshi's Story, Dragons Curse and Super Street Fighter II all the other I have don't display properly, and there are quite a few, not sure why though.
#8 Posted by oymd (36 posts) -
They DO work just fine....
#9 Posted by Cpl_Hicks (25 posts) -

Hi, this may be too late going by the date of your post, but I had the same problem with the same TV. Here is the fix.

1. Change the tv settings in the Wii settings menu to 480i (don't worry this is just temporary)

2. Start a VC game. and hit the home button after 30 seconds or so.

3. Select operations manual and the connect a nunchuck to the wiimote.

4. Now hold down A and 2 at the same time on the wiimote and z on the nunchuck. You should here a chime.

5. Exit the operations manual and all should be fine. Now switch your tv settings back to 480p.

Hope I've been a help!

#10 Posted by Pliggfan (25 posts) -
Hi, this may be too late going by the date of your post, but I had the same problem with the same TV. Here is the fix. 1. Change the tv settings in the Wii settings menu to 480i (don't worry this is just temporary) 2. Start a VC game. and hit the home button after 30 seconds or so. 3. Select operations manual and the connect a nunchuck to the wiimote. 4. Now hold down A and 2 at the same time on the wiimote and z on the nunchuck. You should here a chime. 5. Exit the operations manual and all should be fine. Now switch your tv settings back to 480p. Hope I've been a help! do i have to do this every time i want to play a VC game or is it enough doing this once? iḿ new here btw, and sorry for my bad english!
#11 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29732 posts) -

strange...they improve mine. You got your Cords wrong.

#12 Posted by LordQuorthon (5803 posts) -

and sorry for my bad english! Pliggfan

Your English is fine. Resurrecting a thread from 2008 is NOT COOL, though.

#13 Posted by Pliggfan (25 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pliggfan"]and sorry for my bad english! LordQuorthon

Your English is fine. Resurrecting a thread from 2008 is NOT COOL, though.

haha, sorry, did not saw the date. I guess Nintendo has fixed this problem these days then. I bought my Wii last week with the update 4.2e (i think)
#14 Posted by SonicBooom (443 posts) -

Hi, this may be too late going by the date of your post, but I had the same problem with the same TV. Here is the fix.

1. Change the tv settings in the Wii settings menu to 480i (don't worry this is just temporary)

2. Start a VC game. and hit the home button after 30 seconds or so.

3. Select operations manual and the connect a nunchuck to the wiimote.

4. Now hold down A and 2 at the same time on the wiimote and z on the nunchuck. You should here a chime.

5. Exit the operations manual and all should be fine. Now switch your tv settings back to 480p.

Hope I've been a help!

Cpl_Hicks

This worked. Unbelievable that after 4 years we still had to do this to get it to work.