Virtual Console games don't work on HD tvs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chiyo18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Chiyo18
Member since 2004 • 5727 Posts

i bought a 42" lcd lg last year, but only just now tried to play my virtual console games on it, but no picture shows up :(

i can bring up the wii menu for the games, but when i actually try to play there's only sound.

does anyone know what i can do to fix this problem? i really wanna play some mario rpg >>

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Try component cables (480p) if you haven't yet.
4Swords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 4Swords
Member since 2004 • 301 Posts

I've had the same problem. The problem was that I used Component cables, so switch back for VC games.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Weird, I've never had that problem, but I guess that means I don't have any odd VC games that use lower resolutions. According to Nintendo: [QUOTE="Nintendo"]If you are experiencing display issues (dim, blank or half-blank screen, ghosted image, etc.) with a Virtual Console game while using the Component Video Cable, please read the following: Some Virtual Console games default to displaying 240 lines of video. Some HD TV's are unable to display a signal with only 240 lines. Try the steps below to set the Wii to output 480 lines of video, which may solve the problem: 1.While on the Wii Channel Menu (main screen of the Wii), connect a Nunchuk to Wii Remote. 2.Select the Virtual Console game from the Wii menu, then select "Start" to begin the game. 3.When the game starts, press the Home button on the Wii Remote. (In many games, the music can be heard when the game starts.) 4.Select "Operations Manual" from the Home menu. 5.Press the Z + A + 2 Button simultaneously (the Z Button is on the Nunchuk). A sound will be heard if the button combination has been entered correctly. 6.Close the Home menu. The game should now display correctly. Note: You will not have to do this the next time you play, as the Wii console will remember these settings.

Chiyo18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Chiyo18
Member since 2004 • 5727 Posts
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Are you using HD cables? If so, switch back for VC games.